• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You've gotta admit "Super Trash Bros. Melee" has potential as a title. I could see an indie dev having fun with that.
Yes, I can see it, a Free-For-All starring Sam Stone, Gish, Gary, the Postal Dude and the Bad Rats.
Will play play for rewards idle for cards gift to annoy people.

Meh, Korra will sell more.
When is that one coming out again? I need to preorder it :D

Well the new one sure looks like it, though I can't say that in the Smash thread without people wanting to lynch me so nowadays I tend to not bother on that front.
Well I have playing the demo extensively and can say you are wrong. Even on the "looks" part!

You're crazy. Looks like a big improvement on Brawl. Demo plays nicely.

Also Mega Man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZszrtCIDxU
It is, I like that it's faster than Brawl but isn't insanely fast as Melee was.

Hell, I live in a French place and I still want my games in English =/

At least Steam never pulled any bullshit with me after setting it to English.
Youtube however keeps switching back to French because it always eventually goes HEY YOU'RE FRENCH, LET ME OVERRIDE YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS FOR YOU.
Man, geolocation is the WORST, especially when you get the option to set the language and it doesn't fucking stick :mad:

I haven't played the demo yet, but I can't get over Sakurai's favoritism towards his own works and him being just stubborn about allowing for some of the mechanics from melee into the game. This comes from somebody who didn't even participate in the competitive scene of smash but sees nothing wrong with you know, options.
I'm not sure what you are getting at here, if there is one thing this game has, like almost all the other Sakurai games, is options. I also never cared for the pro level Melee at all though, so maybe that's why I don't see a problem with it.

I also recently bought Mordor, Alien Isolation, and Evil Within for Steam.

You're probably asking "why? why do that?"

A good question, one I've been pondering myself the past few days.
Don't worry, I'll likely buy those 3 as well soon (well, maybe, not entirely sold on TEV yet).

Did you get AI for $1 like the rest of us?
And I thought 20-something was a good deal :(

I'm suppose to be receiving 13 AI keys but nothing yet. I'm assuming it will be like a week before release.
That's quite an unlucky number of keys :p

What does Bayonetta 2 have to do with this?Is this some kind of mockery?
image.php

stump had a Wii U long before me, and also bamboozled his way into getting it for $90 by maliciously abusing some store's rewards policy:

[12:38]  [stump] zellie-chan: two months before wii u release i spent $90 on $200 worth of chocolate bars, which due to a mishandled store promotion got me $200 worth of store credit; the store later had a promotion making the $200 equal to $250 in store credit for one day only.
[12:39]  [stump] no dishonesty at all
[12:39]  [stump] just stacking promotions
[12:39]  [stump] they had $4 chocolate bars on for $2 and had 100x the store loyalty points the same day
[12:39]  [stump] that's not my fault.
[12:40]  [stump] they then had a promotion that redemption levels for store loyalty points were boosted
[12:40]  [stump] that's not my fault
[12:40]  [stump] and they put wii u on sale
[12:40]  [stump] that's not my fault
[12:40]  [stump] i did have to buy all of the chocolate bars they had, though.
[12:40]  [stump] so it was a weird experience

modbotstumpqqa0v.gif
so it's clear that it was not his fault.
And that gif is brilliant.

I mean working a lot is one thing, but that isn't exactly a good idea in itself and I'm not denying the fact that he's done many great contributions. I just feel like he gives way more attention to anything he's worked on and that he just seems to block a lot of feedback on certain things out of what seems like sheer stubbornness. It just puts me off from the game honestly. I felt burned with Brawl, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.
But it is his game though. I'm curious though, what things are you referring to?

Has nintendogaf finally went ahead and took over steamgaf
To be fair, Nintendo fans behave like Borg a lot of the time so I guess it was bound to happen :p

#dead

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
All groups of fans do. Go into a VitaGAF thread some time, or a PS4 thread, or one of those loony mobile threads.
I know, it was meant to be a joke. Also not sure if VitaGAF counts given that's basically just only SmokyDave
and maybe other versions of him
I'm just kidding
maybe

Tellaerin

Yes, I can see it, a Free-For-All starring Sam Stone, Gish, Gary, the Postal Dude and the Bad Rats.
Will play play for rewards idle for cards gift to annoy people.

Don't forget everyone's favorite DJs/platform action heroes, the Rush Bros. A game like that wouldn't be complete without them. >.>

Anteater

STEAM OT | October 2014 - Time to go vroom!

I have no money for a wii u :(

I guess I should start saving and stop buying everything on steam

STEAM OT | October 2014 - Time to go vroom!

I guess I should start saving and stop buying everything on steam
Or just do what I do and carry on with Steam stuff. Buy/get stuff for one and the other will suffer--at least for the people who can't afford everything. I may as well get things for what I own.

Can someone tell me why GMG sent me an email saying I have $85.10!?

It says $42.55 on the site so this is severely confusing. I was hoping my credit had somehow doubled.

lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I know that feel... but then do I want to buy 10 games at $40 or more a piece? Maybe I don't actually want a Wii U... but then I did just buy Fire Emblem Awakening for $30... and plan to get Smash Bros 3DS... I don't know what is important to me in gaming anymore.

It doesn't have any third-party DRM/use third-party MP services like GameSpy if that's what you're asking.
Or framerate locks or shit performance on AMD or lack of controller support?

It says $42.55 on the site so this is severely confusing. I was hoping my credit had somehow doubled.

lol

I noticed it was bugged on Playfire this morning. It didn't transfer over to GMG though, and they eventually fixed it.

lol

GMG has had sporadic issues with the way it receives and processes credit. I've had goofs like getting Awesomenauts for $0.19 after being charged $2.49 for it, waiting weeks for my credit to update properly, and it just not registering certain small purchases but giving me the codes anyway.

Wurst

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key -- MB-E210D1EFEA31DF99
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-A3F9EA38E5A6D10D
Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam Key -- MB-801A787B86A016E7 - Taken by deadflower81
vRvbDCu.png
Populous Origin Key -- MB-46F67E60AD0DA2EE
Cortex Command Steam Key -- MB-32D93C10A2F003C2 - Taken by agniswarm
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key -- MB-006098A374C82EEB - Taken by bluechox2
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key -- MB-14CACB8F31DBDE92
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-0F24D80E627F6BD3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Motte Island -- MB-AF4A43CA8ECFE738 - Taken by Catshade
The Witch's Yarn -- MB-FEA6565CB8CBCADE - Taken by wffl
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-882094278B3C9C2A - Taken by redlacs
Hero Siege -- MB-96F012C8F6FCF64D - Taken by Evrain

Deques

I got a random add. This guy got 1 game, and one badge. His profile is not even private like most of the scammer bot accounts

nocFOt6.png

His message to me is different too...

Vuze

Is the friend's want list also broken for everyone else?

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/tRSPIjT.png[/IMG]
Yeah, recently somehow almost everything is broken for me in some way like that. Not sure if it's my Steam skin or the new official redesign rolling in.
I got a random add. This guy got 1 game, and one badge. His profile is not even private like most of the scammer bot accounts

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/nocFOt6.png[/IMG]

His message to me is different too...
And yes, I also got quite a lot of random one-game-adds lately... on the ígnore list they go.

Deques

Did you want to imagine it though?

I don't even know what the scammer wants me to imagine

Yeah, recently somehow almost everything is broken for me in some way like that. Not sure if it's my Steam skin or the new official redesign rolling in.

And yes, I also got quite a lot of random one-game-adds lately... on the ígnore list they go.

I should have known better.. not gonna accept more of these random one-game-adds

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure why the all have one game tho - does this enable chat or adding other people? I think there was some restriction to do this.

F2P games don't count as owned, so having a game goes a very small way to making the account appear legit.

Arthea

I won't lie, it isn't easy, but I wait for Bayo2 on PC an sub -$20 price
ya, I jest

also I think I begin to believe that steamgaf doesn't play games and it's no joke

Arthea

Idling counts?
I was sure this question will come up
check flowchart
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130096448&postcount=1

We do, or at least some of us do. Honestly. MRORANGE's 52 games this year thread is dominated by SteamGAF.

I'm sure some do, I for one play, so I know that, I mean steamgaf as a whole as a gaming unit, or even better an army

Finished Guacamelee! Now there's a great game. Basically what everyone was saying about it was spot on. From art to gameplay what a gem. Can't wait to see what Drinkbox does next.

Now let's see what SteamWorld Dig is all about.

yay!
(><)

Sendou

Finished Guacamelee! Now there's a great game. Basically what everyone was saying about it was spot on. From art to gameplay what a gem. Can't wait to see what Drinkbox does next.

Now let's see what SteamWorld Dig is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom