• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
First time I've seen this scam. I figure no harm done warning others who might not have seen it either. He was so polite, calling me 'sir', too.
gaE689z.png
"POWERED BY STEAMGUARD"

Welp, not only that's not Steam Guard's function, but they also wrote it as a single word (later on they wrote it all in lowercase, and afterwards properly as two separate words). Plus they wrote "successfull" with two Ls, and didn't use any punctuation marks between "...credited with the amount of ($70.00)" (not that there was any need to use brackets for the cash amount) and "it will be available...".

Plus "Activated" starts with a capital letter for no apparent reason, and that sentence doesn't end with a period. I don't know, it sounds fishy to me.

"POWERED BY STEAMGUARD"

Welp, not only that's not Steam Guard's function, but they also wrote it as a single word (later on they wrote it all in lowercase, and afterwards properly as two separate words). Plus they wrote "successfull" with two Ls, and didn't use any punctuation marks between "...credited with the amount of ($70.00)" (not that there was any need to use brackets for the cash amount) and "it will be available...".

Plus "Activated" starts with a capital letter for no apparent reason, and that sentence doesn't end with a period. I don't know, it sounds fishy to me.

But it has © so must be legit.

Couple of spares for anybody who missed or was otherwise unable to get hold of the Humble freebies

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-9C0DEC35039B390D
Receiver -- MB-C8A736F3B739DFCC - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.

t1410872178z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But it has © so must be legit.
It doesn't have a space between the copyright symbol and the name of the company, plus there's no year there (don't know if that's mandatory in copyright law). I stand by my previous statement: smells fishy, so proceed with caution.

It doesn't have a space between the copyright symbol and the name of the company, plus there's no year there (don't know if that's mandatory in copyright law). I stand by my previous statement: smells fishy, so proceed with caution.

But it has two official Valve links! xD
I'll stop now

So, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath is a pretty terrific game. The level designs have aged a bit, sure, but the fundamentals are still really solid. Sucking up bounties, charging my electric buggy to zap fools one at a time, and some decent platforming to go along with it all. The semi open-world stuff is a great way to establish the wild-west atmosphere that they were looking for, too, and i can imagine that it was more impressive when the game was initially released.

Playing it on the vita since I got it for free* there but i know that some PC folks avoided it when it came out due to the oddbox being broken as all hell. I really recommend you play this game whenever it goes on sale again. It's my first oddworld experience and i'm thoroughly loving it.

kiyomi

I'm really enjoying Mirror's Edge, although messing up my flow a few times can be frustrating. Also, the game looks incredible. It's 6 years old and yet some of the indoor sections and lighting look positively current gen.

Got Sakura Spirit. Despite people saying i shouldnt even get it for free, here I am. Having a lewd game in my library.

i mean how else are you gonna show off your waifus

Turfster

Reprisal Universe keys now up for Indieroyale Fall bundle and indie game stand
Enola keys now up for Groupees Ajay's bundle

Woot (us only, physical copy) is selling CoD:Ghosts the cheapest it's been, 9.99$

Miguel81

MGS3 comes with MG1 and 2.

Though you're right, they were called MGS HD Collection and Legacy Collection, despite including those first two games.

MG2 is such a great game, and MGS1 is a sort of retread of it in a 3D arctic environment. I recently discovered that the fan-translations are much better than the official ones, so I had to try via blueMSX(awesome emu).

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow it will be 6 years since Overgrowth was announced.

It's still in alpha.

Just came to my mind when i saw it on sale in humble store.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I got a random add. This guy got 1 game, and one badge. His profile is not even private like most of the scammer bot accounts

nocFOt6.png

His message to me is different too...

They're evolving. Only ModBot can save us from Stearn Cornmunity now.

you know, if that Metal Gear Collection 2014 thing is supposed to be MGS 1-4 for PC and current gen, wouldn't it be called Metal Gear Solid Collection 2014 instead?

But that collection wouldn't include Ghost Babel, Ac!d 1&2, MGR, and Snake's Revenge.

Believe

The fact Super Meat Boy is so often bundled or on sale has discouraged me from just going ahead and taking the plunge. If I'm going to get punished by a game like I know it will punish me I am going to at least assuage my ego by not paying full price.
If you picked up Bionic Commando Rearmed during the Capcpom week-end, you can always play through that and unlock Super Hard Mode for a difficulty spike that makes Super Meat Boy, Dark Souls and Volgarr look like nothing if you're hungry to get your ass kicked.

Finished Guacamelee! Now there's a great game. Basically what everyone was saying about it was spot on. From art to gameplay what a gem. Can't wait to see what Drinkbox does next.
Now you can look forward to the PC port of Outland.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Question for those playing the new Fable (remake): is there anything different content-wise? or is it just prettier graphics?
Just prettier graphics and proper controller support.

I really would have preferred they use the fable 2/3 combat framework instead of sticking with fable's original. They clearly wanted to mimic the Zelda system, but it doesn't work well with mobs.

jblank83

I know, it was meant to be a joke. Also not sure if VitaGAF counts given that's basically just only SmokyDave
and maybe other versions of him
I'm just kidding
maybe

Ive even heard people say nasty things about SteamGAF, if you can believe that.

The Escapists makes me rage quit so much lol. Stupid guard came into my cell after lights out, beat me up, and took all my contraband. I spent 2 days saving money to buy what I needed. *sigh*

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That thread title. God bless you mods.

I bought DMC 3 and 4 over the weekend during the capcom steam sale. I've been streaming my first play through of DMC3, and I've been generally enjoying the game. I downloaded a bunch of mods and fixes to improve the PC port. Performance is still not great but at least it's playable!

I've been struggling with the boss on mission 19 though. I'm fucking stuck. Any tips for the thing that looks like a brain that summons little blue dicks that swarm you. I guess I'll just need to buy healing items. And that asshole Vergil doesn't even help that much..

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I bought DMC 3 and 4 over the weekend during the capcom steam sale. I've been streaming my first play through of DMC3, and I've been generally enjoying the game. I downloaded a bunch of mods and fixes to improve the PC port. Performance is still not great but at least it's playable!

I've been struggling with the boss on mission 19 though. I'm fucking stuck. Any tips for the thing that looks like a brain that summons little blue dicks that swarm you. I guess I'll just need to buy healing items. And that asshole Vergil doesn't even help that much..

Double jump and guns if you wanna cheese. AoE attacks with careful dodging to not get swarmed if you wanna melee.

Grief.exe

So, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath is a pretty terrific game. The level designs have aged a bit, sure, but the fundamentals are still really solid. Sucking up bounties, charging my electric buggy to zap fools one at a time, and some decent platforming to go along with it all. The semi open-world stuff is a great way to establish the wild-west atmosphere that they were looking for, too, and i can imagine that it was more impressive when the game was initially released.

Playing it on the vita since I got it for free* there but i know that some PC folks avoided it when it came out due to the oddbox being broken as all hell. I really recommend you play this game whenever it goes on sale again. It's my first oddworld experience and i'm thoroughly loving it.

I've been waiting to pick that one up for a while. I always just miss when it is on deep discount.

Already pre ordered the First Print Edition. I don't even have a Wii U right now!

Man I wanted that physical Bayonetta 1/2 pack so bad. I would have picked that one up, but garbage region locking.

I don't have a Wii U either. I'll be too busy with 3DS and PC this fall to justify a current gen console at this point anyways.

L.O.R.D

zlCfzSctnyk_YDJwlA

just finished AZURE STRIKER GUNVOLT on 3ds
Really good game
it has 2 endings
awesome gameplay , and really good game overall
the challenges give you extra fun too

edit : it was on 3DS

Borderlands has been updated with Steamworks multiplayer!

Finally. I've been wanting to replay this.

This was a nightmare to play with the old system. I remember playing it with 2 or 3 friends and we used to change host on a daily basis. One day I couldn't connect to one friend, the next day he couldn't connect to me... it was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom