• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I got a random add. This guy got 1 game, and one badge. His profile is not even private like most of the scammer bot accounts

His message to me is different too...

still a scammer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection was pulled about a week-and-a-half ago. I suppose that answers the question of "Will WB patch out GFWL?" GMG, Amazon and co. are still selling Steam keys, though, so if you'd planned on picking the game up you still have options for the time being.

JaseC do you know if the keys people are selling for Shadow of Mordor are region locked? I know the Witcher 3 key I have on Steam says RU copy so I'm not sure if I'll have problems down the line. But in the meantime Shadows of Mordor looks fun and I saw that you had it.

Shadownet

Banned
JaseC do you know if the keys people are selling for Shadow of Mordor are region locked? I know the Witcher 3 key I have on Steam says RU copy so I'm not sure if I'll have problems down the line. But in the meantime Shadows of Mordor looks fun and I saw that you had it.

"Shadow of Mordor isn't region-locked. Yet."

- what JaseC would say

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just noticed something weird on my badges page...

i3u9qGTfAHfws.jpg

... :/

(Screenshot's a bit too large, my apologies)

JaseC

The only region-specific sub Mordor has is for Japan, but it's not region-locked in any way (ACRTAG is always a distinct possibility, but historically WB hasn't bothered with region-locking aside from the pseudo-exception of Injustice earlier in the year). I wouldn't worry about The Witcher 3, either, as CDPR can't lock down the sub in any way that will impact existing owners without screwing over people who'd legitimately received the game as a gift, which is why even Ubisoft later removed the retroactive OARIC lock on Black Flag's RU pre-purchase subs and replaced them with ones that were region-locked before they were published on the store.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection was pulled about a week-and-a-half ago. I suppose that answers the question of "Will WB patch out GFWL?" GMG, Amazon and co. are still selling Steam keys, though, so if you'd planned on picking the game up you still have options for the time being.
At full price? Nope, I missed that bus. I'm too satisfied with MK9 and upcoming 10 to care about the arcade past tho. That's why I didn't nab it for $2.50 or less in the past.

The only region-specific sub Mordor has is for Japan, but it's not region-locked in any way (ACRTAG is always a distinct possibility, but historically WB hasn't bothered with region-locking aside from the pseudo-exception of Injustice earlier in the year). I wouldn't worry about The Witcher 3, either, as CDPR can't lock down the sub in any way that will impact existing owners without screwing over people who'd legitimately received the game as a gift, which is why even Ubisoft later removed the retroactive OARIC lock on Black Flag's RU pre-purchase subs and replaced them with ones that were region-locked before they were published on the store.

Awesome. Thanks for the response. I asked for a sliver and you gave me a ton of information. So what RU keys have been successful in discouraging sales of popular games at cheap prices as it seems not very much?

Shadownet

Banned

I meant mine was like the super condensed version of what JaseC would say...lol

JaseC

Awesome. Thanks for the response. I asked for a sliver and you gave me a ton of information. So what RU keys have been successful in discouraging sales of popular games at cheap prices as it seems not very much?

As far as store subs are concerned, the RU subs for AssCreed Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Crew are probably the most recent examples of games being region-locked at the runtime level, but ACRTAG has gradually been replacing OARIC as the region-lock method of choice (e.g. all of 2K's upcoming games have universal subs and use ACRTAG). OARIC is still commonly used with retail key subs in particular, though (e.g. http://steamdb.info/sub/49102/).

The biggest "problem" publishers tend to have with region-locking is forgetting to prevent Eastern European users from purchasing a game's region-free ROW sub, which is where the purchase-restricted countries flags (e.g. South Park) or ACRTAG (e.g. the Ubi games I mentioned above) come into play.

Ozium

So who's going to be the awesome GAFfer to raffle off a Wii U Deluxe system via modbot?

anyone?

anyone?

you, right there?

maybe you...

frothing demand for bayo 2

Shadownet

Banned
At this point I should raffle off my PS4. Since not even Destiny is enough for me to turn it on anymore.

Sigh Uncharted 4. You cannot come soon enough.

Evrain

At this point I should raffle off my PS4. Since not even Destiny is enough for me to turn it on anymore.

That new God of War we all have been waiting for? What about it?

Please Sony make it happen, I need more Kratos and pointless godly bloodshed

Knurek

That new God of War we all have been waiting for? What about it?
Please Sony make it happen, I need more Kratos and pointless godly bloodshed

On that point, how long till we have "Kratos doesends Shiva, Vishnu and the whole happy Hindu bunch"?

Tellaerin

Whee.

Had a Go! Go! Nippon foil drop for me last night. Someone else put one up for $13.78, so I went a penny lower. The other guy dropped his price by a penny to match. So we were holding at $13.78.

Then a third guy came along and priced his card at $6.48. Why would you drop that much right out of the gate? But I figured, "Okay, maybe someone'll grab that one card, and the others will stay at the higher price."

When I checked back just now, there was one at $6.48, two at $6.47, and mine. Might as well drop to $6.46.

I'm going to end up getting like 50 cents for this thing, aren't I? :p

Indignate

Whee.

Had a Go! Go! Nippon foil drop for me last night. Someone else put one up for $13.78, so I went a penny lower. The other guy dropped his price by a penny to match. So we were holding at $13.78.

Then a third guy came along and priced his card at $6.48. Why would you drop that much right out of the gate? But I figured, "Okay, maybe someone'll grab that one card, and the others will stay at the higher price."

When I checked back just now, there was one at $6.48, two at $6.47, and mine. Might as well drop to $6.46.

That happened to me once.

Felt like the worst thing in the world at the time.

Ozium

On that point, how long till we have "Kratos doesends Shiva, Vishnu and the whole happy Hindu bunch"?

Kratos is only OP against the Greek scrubs... Hindu gods would tear out his heart, eat it, shit out little demons comprised of his heart, resurrect him and repeat the process for a thousand kalpas

Evrain

Wasn't Marlow Briggs the new God of War we all have been waiting for?
There's a distinctive lack of snarls and angry cries of vengeance in that game.
Still GOTY though.

Kratos is only OP against the Greek scrubs... Hindu gods would tear out his heart, eat it, shit out little demons comprised of his heart, resurrect him and repeat the process for a thousand kalpas
Hindu gods can do nothing against the mighty "load from last checkpoint"

BHK3

Banned
Whee.

Have ANY of you actually gotten more than like $2 for a non anime foil card?

Chariot

Whee.

Know your pain.

jeWcyDyafOt3D.png

Dr Dogg

Well this is a nice surprise to come back to with both my current gaming habits in Steam and the WiiU align. Valve should just scrap the Steam Machine and SteamOS initiative and make a SteamU with Nintendo as the hardware manufacture. Yeah still no one would buy that unless some crazy confectionary based promotion was on the cards.

Speaking of hardware I'll say this now, if you're thinking of getting a Phanteks heatsink when you're after silence and hassle free installation just don't. Was pissing about for an hour trying to install the thing and the instructions were close to useless to work out how the fan clips attach. The German instructions made more sense. On top of that the fans supplied make a monumental noise. Cooling performance is alright but I swapped it out for a Noctua U14 which has 1 fan less which ends up being a lot quieter and even under a full AVX load is cooler.

Also what's up with some of the low discount weeklies? Odd choice but hey I guess they know their market better than me.

AHA-Lambda

I know the feeling, I'm only caring about Bloodborne and UC4 at this point =/

Hell, even the XB1 has better free games every month than PS+ does right now!

Whee.

Let me ask the other way around, why start so high at a price like $14 in the first place? Selling cards at that price is like winning the lottery these days, it just isn't worth waiting for. If there is no demand for a $14 card, there is also no demand for a $13.99 card. People know how the card market works by now and that's why they lower the price so much, to have any chance of selling it at all.

JaseC

Have ANY of you actually gotten more than like $2 for a non anime foil card?

A bunch of times:

01/06/2013 said:
GlaDOS (Foil) 14.20 USD
----------
Total 14.20 USD
23/06/2013 said:
Zoombot (Foil) 9.65 USD
----------
Total 9.65 USD
27/06/2013 said:
Strike Suit (Foil Trading Card) 2.45 USD
----------
Total 2.45 USD
27/06/2013 said:
Valley of the Forgotten (Foil Trading Card) 8.45 USD
----------
Total 8.45 USD
09/07/2013 said:
Mystery (Foil Trading Card) 8.00 USD
----------
Total 8.00 USD
15/07/2013 said:
Pass (Foil) 4.50 USD
----------
Total 4.50 USD
04/12/2013 said:
The Dragon (Foil) 2.33 USD
----------
Total 2.33 USD
11/12/2013 said:
Guardian (Foil) 10.44 USD
----------
Total 10.44 USD
24/12/2013 said:
The Dragon (Foil) 2.20 USD
----------
Total 2.20 USD
25/12/2013 said:
The Dragon (Foil) 2.20 USD
----------
Total 2.20 USD
09/01/2014 said:
Logician Knight (Foil) 8.69 USD
----------
Total 8.69 USD
17/02/2014 said:
ERS Pinita Colada (Foil) 2.61 USD
----------
Total 2.61 USD
26/05/2014 said:
Skiffy (Foil Trading Card) 2.49 USD
----------
Total 2.49 USD
06/06/2014 said:
Golden Boar Fragment (Foil) 3.48 USD
----------
Total 3.48 USD
14/06/2014 said:
7TP (Foil) 3.49 USD
----------
Total 3.49 USD

It's certainly not as easy as it was back when foil drops were restricted to those at Level 10 or higher, though.

Tellaerin

Let me ask the other way around, why start so high at a price like $14 in the first place? Selling cards at that price is like winning the lottery these days, it just isn't worth waiting for. If there is no demand for a $14 card, there is also no demand for a $13.99 card. People know how the card market works by now and that's why they lower the price so much, to have any chance of selling it at all.

*shrug* I was following someone else's lead, pricing-wise. I just thought it was kind of sad that someone would drop that much that fast and turn things into a mad dash to the bottom almost immediately. I mean, you could at least hold out a little longer, you know? Maybe it's wrong of me to feel that way. :p

*shrug* I was following someone else's lead, pricing-wise. I just thought it was kind of sad that someone would drop that much that fast and turn things into a mad dash to the bottom almost immediately. I mean, you could at least hold out a little longer, you know?

I didn't. I've dropped foils down a good $4 or 5 to get it to sell faster. I was in a race to the bottom with one user for a good week straight. We went from $9 down, via $0.25 increments broken by me dropping it down much further, to $1 before it sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom