• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

i just talked to him
i said 1 key , and he said if it dota key it ok
TF2 keys are cheaper now

lol

M0AP3Gf.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Been a while since Brazil has had a crazy price mistake.

I wish the 1cent game would be here, I would buy a bunch for gaffers.

Zeknurn

Civ: BE is for sale on the PH store for around 28 usd. I can't help you now since steam is refusing every single thing I'm using to buy from the store. Try a indonesian / malay / filipino gaffer perharps?

That's a great price.

I wonder how long it will take before they region lock everything.

ModBot said:
Instructions for GrinningColossus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Receiver #5 -- MB-6DF94761B38F6E28 - Taken by Last Baron
Receiver #4 -- MB-07010A3A898EFE47 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Receiver #3 -- MB-5F3686F5409E8346 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
Receiver #2 -- MB-092C421FBD0E9F30 - Taken by the_firewithin. 1 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-84E006F4282BB912 - Taken by -MD-. 1 entrants total.

t1410974722z1.png

I requested a code like six times when the Humble Store was overloaded, so I got these all at once. Expires on the 29th I think.
(I'm still under 5 posts for lurkers, so hopefully this isn't too much of a "cool thread btw" post.)

Arthea

FF4 today? Without any prior announcement and we even don't know which version it is?
Really hard to believe
FF13 trilogy too? whoa
I'll pray to Odin this is true, as I still haven't bough Lightning Returns for PS3, waiting for price drop, which will occur right after entropy ends all: life, universe and everything

dani_dc

If you like games with a huge corridor, no exploration at all until you do above 80% of the game, a horrible and shamefull plot, bland characters...well, you will love FFXIII, is the best in its category.

I'm always confused by the love FF X, everything I read about FF XIII basically describes my thoughts of FF X. I can't imagine a game being much more linear than FF X yet people tell me that FF XIII does that.

At this point I'll buy it just to find out by myself how bad it is.

Still excited to see it coming to Steam, hopefully it sells well and we continue getting more Square ports of older games (and not just FF games) as well as future games.

Arthea

where can i get civ 4 complete?

or is civ 5 complete better?4

for cheap i mean

Civ5 goes on sale regularly, basically once a week, complete isn't cheap, though, as far as I can remember.
Civ 4 is good, but you probably would like Civ5 more, if you are Civ newbie.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 22 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Girls Like Robots -- MB-B4F5E72082537DCA - Taken by spindoctor
Motte Island -- MB-7C22A39051A43EE8 - Taken by bobnowhere
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Luna Shattered Hearts - Episode 1 -- MB-85A3B63EEB2E6B4F
t1cxE6r.gif
Warlock -- MB-CEB9A4AD391B2A97 - Taken by Mengy
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Startag -- MB-51970F7718E711E9 - Taken by WinterDemons
8BitBoy -- MB-F265EA24DC049CF8 - Taken by drizzle
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-5716EA28D13CD440
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-5C4E851E1A5AA377 - Taken by KainXVIII
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-8C2DADDD58D71257 - Taken by cardinalmind
Eschalon: Book II -- MB-C928A7289EF6169C - Taken by Sarcasm
Stonerid -- MB-56FDD56327AA1AFE - Taken by SSPssp
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-B1F02AC0BCEBD6AA - Taken by Henry Swanson
Vitrum -- MB-6D932DA4A7AD316F - Taken by darkchewie
Super Trench Attack -- MB-D3716589F001CBED - Taken by Scipius
Orbital Gear -- MB-A010C47F690966C5 - Taken by Vlad
Vector -- MB-055E49B0EA026BB6 - Taken by Haunted
Continue?9876543210 -- MB-802FB03C915E2F41 - Taken by PunishedSnake
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Crunch Time! -- MB-27A06DEF08C3F795
Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action! -- MB-223A8A2D7426B57C - Taken by Gintoki
Real World Racing -- MB-D65C6AEA0B40E25E - Taken by redlacs
Jet Car Stunts -- MB-A9E1E481E80D1FE1 - Taken by freshVeggie
Hero Siege -- MB-9CE758B1F31FA83F - Taken by GaussTek
Eschalon: Book I -- MB-CBC7870EBFD1B402 - Taken by nja
receiver -- MB-5F54D6965E625B92 - Taken by Tesseract
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-AE5906463849117B - Taken by Sarcasm

Arthea

inspite how bad FF13 is, combat is super fun and as there is not much else... unfortunately it gets good a bit into the game already, like 20 hours in (><)

13-2 is a better game than FF13, but combat is definitely worse.

If you care about story or characters, I don't envy you playing any of FF13 games.

What's with the thread title? Bayonetta 2 isn't really related to steam...

look at it as a reminder that there is world outside of steam ;)

I'm always confused by the love FF X, everything I read about FF XIII basically describes my thoughts of FF X. I can't imagine a game being much more linear than FF X yet people tell me that FF XIII does that.

Still excited to see it coming to Steam, hopefully it sells well and we continue getting more Square ports of older games (and not just FF games) as well as future games.

It's less linear, actually.

While the order in which you do a lot of things is set for the first 20 hours or so, once you get to chapter 11, the game opens up and there's a metric ton of stuff to explore and do, so long as you're okay with doing monster hunts/challenges.

Anteater

is it really that bad? i plan to get into final fantasy with FF13.

It's a bit too linear for its own good and it depends how much you like the combat system, I didn't think the combat is good enough to carry the game, but a lot seem to like it, I enjoyed the combat but I think it gets old near the half way mark.

The positive thing about the game is that most of the corridors are really good looking, the music is ok, it looks spectacular.

Negative thing is that it's extremely linear, outside of maybe a few short sections that give you a break and explain a bit of background stories, there aren't really a lot of exploration and the game definitely don't "show" you most of the cool things, they don't really tell you about them either because you don't even get to talk to npcs much, you learn the culture and the theme of the game entirely through cutscenes and database, like the world is completely empty because the plot pushes you to run through all the sections with most of the background story presented in database form, so the entire game is just combat, combat, combat > cutscenes.

Arthea

I agree that FFX isn't god sent game to people that don't like linearity, but nevertheless it is a great game. Linearity doesn't make a game bad or good, unless you prefer one way or another, then it does, for you only.

rtcn63

I've picked up FFXIII multiple times over the years, and as a veteran of the previous titles back to IV- the game isn't just all that fun. The story, the characters, the combat, there's nothing within the game that compels you to keep playing. I didn't care for FFXII either, but it was obviously targeted towards MMO fans looking for something to play alone (my cousin adored FFXI and FFXII).

Parsnip

FF12 is the best Final Fantasy game anyway, and when they make the 12 HD version, this news means that it's also one step closer to a potential PC release.

14 is probably the best FF you can buy right now, but the MMO bit turns people off.

I would definitely rebuy FF13 and buy 13-2 and LR on steam though. Not even on sale (well unless they price them at $60 a pop or something)

Laugh at me if you want to but it seems that I can't upload a picture as an avatar for my Steam account. It just says "missing image from upload".

I'm just trying to put enji as my avatar since most of you guys get confused with my steam account.

Not really familiar with FF series, but today is the first time I'm reading so much praise about 12. I thought it was always 7, 9 and 10 and some older ones?

Arthea

FF12 is the best Final Fantasy game anyway, and when they make the 12 HD version, this news means that it's also one step closer to a potential PC release.

surely you mean worst
I will still buy it, if it comes to steam, which is not gonna happen, I think, we won't see 9, 10, 10-2 and 12. I would have added 13 to this list, but now I'm not so sure about it. (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom