• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, our best bet is the iOS version ported to PC. Which looks kinda crappy but hey, a good game is a good game, right? ;_;

The only hope with a PC port is that you can replace the sprites with the original SNES sprites instead of the RPG Maker bullshit they used on those ios ports.

Also, for those of you interested in FFXIII: Prepare yourself for the Destiny of its day. It's thoroughly mediocre for the first 20 hours, its story is tucked away and kinda nonsensical (but hey, they at least didn't make you go to a website for the wiki/lore stuff), and the combat is the best thing about the game if you don't count the graphics.

I can help you guys and will sell the game at price in the store (2.05$). I have check my paypal though since the store is now denying me to buy the game via paypal.

Neither Sony or Microsoft seem to be paying for any kind of exclusivity on FF XV though.
That is weird. I thought FFXV was originally exclusive for PS4 and in the last minute MS cashed out. Read some posts on Gaf hinting at it.
---
On that note. Holy Smokes! Microsoft wants to buy Mojang for over 2bn$! I am probably late though as I heard the news from a second grade German news channel (wasn't online the last couple days -_-).

I don't know how I feel about that honestly. On one hand the huge financial backing of MS could enable Mojang to produce more games with higher budgets > better models, sounds etc.
But on the other hand this feels like artificially enhancing the value of Xone. It may be too early but I get the feeling of Minecraft becoming exclusive on Xbox.
Furthermore I don't believe MS to actually care much about Mojang and its devs plans/ideologies about game development or their desired future projects. It seems more like an extended moneyhat; acquisition of Minecraft IP actually.
If MS would care about fostering new talent or indie games, they could have achieved much, much more by spending that unholy figure on devs who actually need money. Or they could build a MS indie studio/co-work with indie devs. Anything would have been better.

I really despise this tactic though. Buying to shield other users of enjoying a game. They did it with Tomb Raider and now Minecraft. I don't like this MS at all.

aku:jiki

That is weird. I thought FFXV was originally exclusive for PS4 and in the last minute MS cashed out. Read some posts on Gaf hinting at it.
---
On that note. Holy Smokes! Microsoft wants to buy Mojang for over 2bn$! I am probably late though as I heard the news from a second grade German news channel (wasn't online the last couple days -_-).

I don't know how I feel about that honestly. On one hand the huge financial backing of MS could enable Mojang to produce more games with higher budgets > better models, sounds etc.
But on the other hand this feels like artificially enhancing the value of Xone. It may be too early but I get the feeling of Minecraft becoming exclusive on Xbox.
Furthermore I don't believe MS to actually care much about Mojang and its devs plans/ideologies about game development or their desired future projects. It seems more like an extended moneyhat; acquisition of Minecraft IP actually.
If MS would care about fostering new talent or indie games, they could have achieved much, much more by spending that unholy figure on devs who actually need money. Or they could build a MS indie studio/co-work with indie devs. Anything would have been better.

I really despise this tactic though. Buying to shield other users of enjoying a game. They did it with Tomb Raider and now Minecraft. I don't like this MS at all.
You seem pretty deeply confused. I think you need to understand that a corporation is not a singular person with a singular goal. This acquisition has nothing to do with making Minecraft exclusive to Xbox One; that would be an insanely stupid thing to spend 2 billion dollars on. It also has absolutely nothing to do with fostering creativity or grassroots development, nor does it have anything to do with nurturing Mojang and elevating it as a studio. It's simply about making some money, because Minecraft is like the biggest franchise in gaming right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm looking forward to having Minecraft on Steam. I don't think I've ever bothered to play it, simply because I kept forgetting I owned it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So apparently my country (Philippines) finally got its currency to show up in Steam.

And not only that, the prices now changed to reflect the pricing of the country (originally CivBE is 50 usd, now it's roughly equivalent to 28 usd).

I wonder if this is going to be abused through trading?

MUnited83

For you.
More like Sony just dropped the exclusivity(and the money agreements).Microsoft didn't cash out to get it too, Sony just dropped the deal. And good on them, it would be a waste of money when the PS4 version will easily outsell the One version by a mile.

aku:jiki

It's fun for a bit, but unless you really really like building things, it gets kind of old, quick.
I played it for about 2 hours. I slaved away and built a little house on the beach. It wasn't much but I had a bed and even some nice pictures on the wall, and I was feeling psyched about expanding my little beach compound. Then I woke up the next morning and opened the door, with a Creeper camping literally a pixel out of view from the door and he blew my house up instantly. I was like "game y u do dis :(" and never went back to it.

So Minecraft is not going to go platform exclusive? Great. I totally misjudged that. But when Spencer talked about PC being important to MS I actually thought about other things. "Panic-mode Sony/MS/Nintendo" should be about making games not buying imo.
The founders: Notch, Carl, and Jakob are leaving.
Welp, the brains behind it are gone. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Working under a big name, with deadlines, not being your own boss anymore. After all those carefree years why undergo that stress?
Wish them the best. And with the money they got, they surely can be as indie as they want now.
It’s going to be good though. Everything is going to be OK. <3
Hope Mojang won't be left only a shell after some time. I only read how fans are sad about what happened with Rare and MS.
---
You seem pretty deeply confused. I think you need to understand that a corporation is not a singular person with a singular goal. This acquisition has nothing to do with making Minecraft exclusive to Xbox One; that would be an insanely stupid thing to spend 2 billion dollars on. It also has absolutely nothing to do with fostering creativity or grassroots development, nor does it have anything to do with nurturing Mojang and elevating it as a studio. It's simply about making some money, because Minecraft is like the biggest franchise in gaming right now.
Yeah, I just tried to put different viewpoints in my reply instead of just M(dollar-bill). But I do think it's only about the IP, too. Still, I am curious to see what MS is gonna do with the IP to make more than 2bn back. Movies, tv show, toys. 2bn is huge. Youtube didn't cost that much, man.
---
More like Sony just dropped the exclusivity(and the money agreements).Microsoft didn't cash out to get it too, Sony just dropped the deal. And good on them, it would be a waste of money when the PS4 version will easily outsell the One version by a mile.
Huh, didn't think about that. Makes sense. They are not the underdog anymore.

r3n4ud

Couple extras
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-F4D2EC9C974C89DA - Taken by salazar547
Battlepaths -- MB-97ADFA69234516C7 - Taken by celsowmbr

Volimar

I really can't give anyone shit for "selling out" for 2.5 billion dollars.

i-ScFNbKz-1050x10000.jpg

Deques

Welp, the brains behind it are gone. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Working under a big name, with deadlines, not being your own boss anymore. After all those carefree years why undergo that stress?
Wish them the best. And with the money they got, they surely can be as indie as they want now.

I don't know about Carl and Jakob, but Notch is not one of the brains of Minecraft. He left the development of Minecraft a long time ago. Jeb is now the head of development of MC. Notch is only a one-hit-wonder. He created one successful game, and the concept/idea is not even (at that time) original. All games after Minecraft he made have failed.

What ever happened with that Scrolls game?

Still in development

Echoplx

Not sure if old but it looks like there's some v6 stuff showing up on the store. The user reviews thumbs up/down buttons specifically.

"icon_thumbsUp_v6.png"
icon_thumbsUp_v6.png

anyone using a nvidia shield portable for remote play? How does it work compared to a PS4->Vita when it comes to remote play? Thinking of getting one during the holidays if it drops to around $100 just for whenever im at my GFs house and she's passed out (we have opposite schedules).

Mensch, yakkue is really a great gaffer <3
---
I don't know about Carl and Jakob, but Notch is not one of the brains of Minecraft. He left the development of Minecraft a long time ago. Jeb is now the head of development of MC. Notch is only a one-hit-wonder. He created one successful game, and the concept/idea is not even (at that time) original. All games after Minecraft he made have failed.
Oh I did not know that. Always thought with Notch plastering so many sites, he's actually responsible. Hmm, I read/watched about his - now canned - space/programming project. Sounded really interesting. Let's see if he retires, is a one-hit-wonder or actually manages something.

Turfster

Not having one key now, since I bought Sakura Spirit. Noooo!

worth it... hopefully...

Instant punishment from the heavens for wasting your key in such a horrible way.

Games Republic is doing a Deponia promo, 75% off a bundle with all 3 games.
Newegg is selling Dungeon Siege Triple Pack for 7.89$ (EMCPAWD69, US only)

Deques

Mensch, yakkue is really a great gaffer <3
---

Oh I did not know that. Always thought with Notch plastering so many sites, he's actually responsible. Hmm, I read/watched about his - now canned - space/programming project. Sounded really interesting. Let's see if he retires, is a one-hit-wonder or actually manages something.

Now that he has a lot money I don't think he actually bothers to make something good. In his letter about the acquisition he said that he will participate Ludum Dare competitions. But I don't think those will be noteworthy...

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like the one thing turn based wrpgs will ever need is a megaten-esque fast forward button to just quickly do strongest melee move

then time-consuming wouldn't be a cons and real time with pause would be ded forever

i'm surprised no one has implemented it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom