• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a minute, isn't Kingdom Hearts a Disney collab? Doesn't bode well for a Steam release unless Disney come to their senses

Kingdom Hearts is very unlikely to come to the PC, the PSP release didn't even get digitally released on PSN because of Disney's nonsense. Although of course one hopes things have changed :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What's the difference between a hidden object adventure game and a normal adventure game?

If I had to guess, it would be that normal adventure games tend to have more of a plot-centric focus than hidden object adventure games, at least in my experience. It's been a long time since I've played a hidden object game, so I could be wrong though.

AsfaeksBR

All that FF13 talk while I'm thinking about buying Roundabout. Also Elminage Gothic is out.

Roundabout sure looks fun, but SteamGAF taught me that these kind of games (not so known indie games) usually go on Bundles in a couple of months.
I think I'll wait on this one.

And I think I'll wait on F XIII too. I know I won't play it now nor plan to play it, and it will be discounted when the full trilogy hits Steam.

Hugstable

Banned
What's the difference between a hidden object adventure game and a normal adventure game?

But haven't deserved it since 6.

7 got it because 'omfg 3D'
8 got it because 'omfg 7'
9 deserved it
10 got it because 'omfg PS2'
11 got it because 'omfg console MMO'
12 deserved it

Really, the good FFs are divisible by 3.

FFV tho

derExperte

All that FF13 talk while I'm thinking about buying Roundabout. Also Elminage Gothic is out.

Fuck it, bought FF and R. Just got my sixth The Raven coupon too. What a day.

Roundabout sure looks fun, but SteamGAF taught me that these kind of games (not so known indie games) usually go on Bundles in a couple of months.

You're right of course but from time to time I feel the strong desire to support one of the smaller indie games, I'm a sucker for 90s style FMVs and this was fun.

Mm-hmm.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Really Big Sky -- MB-0AE604E753652ED3 - Taken by Mengy. 2 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-96E9AFF8A0EFAE84 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Monaco The World Is Yours -- MB-A096261D0F0F8767 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-858CD65AEC032D63 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 9 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-5D0CCE6D9B61AC82 - Taken by SkeptiMism. 2 entrants total.

t1411075346z1.png

they don't alow digital kingdom hearts for who knows why. we all know that changed for KH3, so i just don't know anymore

Kingdom Hearts is very unlikely to come to the PC, the PSP release didn't even get digitally released on PSN because of Disney's nonsense. Although of course one hopes things have changed :p

Steamworks physical copy with no store page maybe? Dunno. But yeah, I don't expect the KH games on Steam at all.

People in the other thread are just very hopeful about a KH3 port now :p

Jawmuncher

Be careful what you wish for. Knowing Capcpom, they'll hear your pleas and port Dino Crisis 3 to PC, then they'll be all like, "Look what we did for you, Jawmuncher!"

That would be the quite the pickle.
I hate that game but I would need to own it.
But I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to pay for it.

xBladeM6x

When FFXIII-2 comes to PC, I'll die happy. I liked XIII but didn't care too much for it. XIII-2 was just amazing (for me) even if for the soundtrack alone.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I already did. That review is pretty much perfectly accurate, though. It's a blend of those games with Amiga graphics and music.

I ended up using my 25% off Iron Fisticle coupon, and it's actually pretty great! I don't have enough thoughts to write actual text so here's some pros and cons:

+ Nice graphics! Very Amiga-styled pixel graphics, reminds me a lot of the style used in Chaos Engine except all the sprites are small.
+ Same for the music. It's Amiga-ish type chiptunes, so not as low-fi (and grating) as NES-style tunes.
+ Solid double-stick shooter mechanics. Zero complaints with the controls. Native controller support, plays well with 360 pad.
+ Enemy onslaught is pretty intense! First few rooms only throw maybe 50 enemies at you, but as early as the 3rd floor you'll be chopping up hundreds of zombies in each room, while dodging bullets and moving spike traps.
+ Nice leveling system. It has all kinds of unlocks, both temporary and permanent. It seems like there's a lot of leveling potential and the endgame will hopefully be a lot more intense than the beginning is.
+ It has 9 cards and they're currently going for around €0,20 each!

- It uses Rogue Legacy-style progression. This is mostly fine since your starting damage and rate of fire are decent enough for the first few floors, but your movement speed is pathetic! If it's impossible to pick up all the loot the boss drops before it fades away, you dun goofed your player movement speed.
- I don't understand the way they stop you from moving in certain directions. For example, the first floor of the dungeon is a 3x3 square of rooms and you start in the top left room. You'd think the best strategy from there is to move in a Z-formation to hit every room and maximize your chances of good drops, but the game just stops you from doing that by randomly blocking access to certain rooms. I can't seem to grasp the logic of when a room is locked, so it gets to be pretty annoying, especially when there are "special" rooms you will want to visit and suddenly the path to them is blocked.

I missed this post while going through the thread, but it sounds great. Thanks for the impressions!

I'll probably have to pick it up at some point.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Insta-bought Final Fantasy XIII. I'm surprised by the price, I figured it would have been closer to $20 though to be honest I would have paid $30.

Seeing that it will include Steam achievements makes me so happy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, yeah, but none of them are the Director's cut... :p.
300550 Game Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut 17 minutes ago
272030 DLC Shadowrun: Dragonfall 4 months ago

BernardoOne said:
I'm asking if I buy the standalone I do get the DLC for base Shadowrun.

Yes, but it's not the Director's Cut and the app hasn't been updated in a good few months, so I presume it's not going to receive the changes seen in the standalone version. I assume this is why the sub includes both (i.e. for the sake of purists who, for one reason or another, prefer the DLC in its original form).

Volimar

Why do people keep saying things are universally considered bad when the opposite is demonstrably true?

I'd rather people just say they didn't like it and why rather than try to make it seem like no one liked it when more people did than didn't.

Ruruja

Why do people keep saying things are universally considered bad when the opposite is demonstrably true?

I'd rather people just say they didn't like it and why rather than try to make it seem like no one liked it when more people did than didn't.

Well I did it as a joke, copying salsa word for word, knowing FF12 had high ratings on metacritic - sadly not one person picked up on it.

Althane

I'll be getting it when 2.5 HD Remix comes out, but can someone explain the whole rationale that Disney has around locking down the ports? Just curious.

Iron Fisticle y u do dis

I seriously don't understand why the door to the left doesn't open when I get the key. :(

thats because you are limited to a specific number of rooms at each floor , why? idk maybe because if u could access all the rooms at each floor you level up way too fast

Shadownet

Banned
I need some help. Which Lego games should I buy? they're all so damn cheap.

I know I'm getting The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings one for sure.

Which one are a must play and which one are skippable?

jediyoshi

FF12 is bad, and it is universally thought of as a bad FF, not a bad game, but definitely bad FF, and FF8 has bad writing, no denying that, but FF12 can only dream being a game FF8 is.
battle that ;)

FF12 is the prettiest PS2 FF. So it's got that going for it.

liezryou

Insta-bought Final Fantasy XIII. I'm surprised by the price, I figured it would have been closer to $20 though to be honest I would have paid $30.

Seeing that it will include Steam achievements makes me so happy.

Incoming 30 posts of saying it's a good price because the game is shit.

Refer to 4 pages ago where i posted the exact same sentiment

The_Monk

Interesting to see FF XIII on Steam, I always get stuck on the final Boss of these games but I usually just go for the journey, not the final destination.

FF XIII have a nice battle music, something I often like in these games. This theme after the one minute mark is pretty and I hope I can manage to play it soon on my PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need some help. Which Lego games should I buy? they're all so damn cheap.

Sounds like you've answered your own question. ;) I think TT began changing things up with Lego Harry, so it's only Lego Batman (the first one) that plays out identically to the Lucasarts games. I'm currently working my way through Lego Indy 1 at the moment and will probably buy Lego Pirates from Amazon when it's on sale just to complete the collection as I'm playing through the games in release order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom