• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They do? They straight up put out a patch to remove Japanese language from Tomb Raider when they put it out on Steam. Pissed a lot of Japanese players off.

Yeah, but that's because Squeenix wanted to sell JP language support as DLC. Every other language the game supports is included in every Tomb Raider sub, which is distinctly different to how FFXIII is being treated.

madjoki

Japanese is only supported in the Asian sub, but said sub is heavily region-locked.

To add insult to injury, all of Squeenix's other abide by this, too.

They can use that and still limit by sub what languages are allowed, by choosing what depots are included.

Edit: But it doesn't not really work when you want English interface + Japanese audio.

that sounds like a stealth-beg to me.
Ew god no. Only reason I'd accept it is cause I was raised to never deny a gift cause its rude. Its hardwired into my brain, seriously, no one give me that.
But isn't FF13 shit? The one with the loooong corridors aka level 'design' everyone made fun of while the few fans kept saying 'keep playing, becomes fun after 50hrs'?
You're correct. Don't let anyone try to convince you that its good

What's the difference between a hidden object adventure game and a normal adventure game?

But haven't deserved it since 6.

7 got it because 'omfg 3D'
8 got it because 'omfg 7'
9 deserved it
10 got it because 'omfg PS2'
11 got it because 'omfg console MMO'
12 deserved it

Really, the good FFs are divisible by 3.

That sure divides all right.

whelp, now I can only hope that someone makes a mod for this

G6HxIsz.jpg

It will likely happen. Persona games have modded ISOs around chaging the English VA for the Japanese ones.

iosefe

What's the difference between a hidden object adventure game and a normal adventure game?

But haven't deserved it since 6.

7 got it because 'omfg 3D'
8 got it because 'omfg 7'
9 deserved it
10 got it because 'omfg PS2'
11 got it because 'omfg console MMO'
12 deserved it

Really, the good FFs are divisible by 3.

anything is divisible by 3 if you try really hard. ;)

personally, i think it's a solid 70-something. i like the paradigm system, and it's gorgeous and has good music. sadly thats about it.

xBladeM6x

Square pulling a Sam Fisher and being stealthy bastards. Let's hope the other two Final Fantasy games in the XIII series end up here.

Jawmuncher

Lightning was a tsundere, vanille was the bubbly quirky girl character, Snow was just a stiff brawler, Hope is the easily frazzled kid out of his element, etc. Sazh was the only main cast member that didn't make me want to hurt myself. and even he is goofy with a chocobo living in his fro.

They all get better as the game progresses, though, but it's initially really hard to sit through.

Thinking back yeah the initial introductions are pretty bad.

If Disney is somehow involved, and they are in this case, the answer is always: Because Disney.

It's not like they don't know that Steam exists, given that they are collaborating with Double Fine for Grim Fandango HD and that's 100% coming to steam.

They're just being turdburgers ::kicks dust into the air out of frustration, runs home before anyone can see that he's crying::

L.O.R.D

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/immortal-bundle/
4$ for 8 games
Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly
CastleMiner Z
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars
FATE: Undiscovered Realms
The Night of the Rabbit
Solar Flux
Stick RPG 2: Director's Cut
Majesty Gold HD
Third Eye Crime

The Night of the Rabbit is alone worth it

i bought it month ago in bundle star store for $5
and now its in bundle for $4

GET IT NOW !

Porcupine

It will be one of the best days in my personal gaming history, when every Final Fantasy has been released on Steam.

Don't destroy my dream Square

Jawmuncher

I really hope capcom is taking note. I want the old REs and Dino Crisis on steam. Would have thought they would get the hint with FF7&8 sales.

rtcn63

FF games always receive roughly ~15 extra bonus points on metacritic.

The first (dozen) hours are a 2/5 for me at best. Even the traditional-ish combat systems seen in games like Lost Odyssey and Bravely Default were more engaging. It does feel as if you're just pressing one button for years on end.

Tellaerin

I really hope capcom is taking note. I want the old REs and Dino Crisis on steam. Would have thought they would get the hint with FF7&8 sales.

Be careful what you wish for. Knowing Capcpom, they'll hear your pleas and port Dino Crisis 3 to PC, then they'll be all like, "Look what we did for you, Jawmuncher!"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if one could replace the audio files with the Asian version files and get Japanese VO on the NE (or whatever is the version we're getting called) version.

Yeah, that'd work (theoretically). I assume someone will host the JP files somewhere, or at the very least a piracy group will release the JP version.

aku:jiki

Well, that's a lame Humble. I know, Deadly Premonition. Too expensive when the rest look like shit belonging in an Indie Royale bundle.

I really like the song in the Lexica trailer, though. Not enough whistling in music!

First thing I thought of when looking at it was that it reminds me of old top down games like Gauntlet and Smash TV. Then I saw :"Mix Gauntlet with Smash TV, add in a dash of Ghouls n Ghosts, and stir with a rogue-lite… Iron Fisticle is a game that offers tributes to a lot of classics."

It's a featured review, so of course I'm wary of it. But hopefully someone will post impressions of it at some point, it looks pretty neat.
I already did. That review is pretty much perfectly accurate, though. It's a blend of those games with Amiga graphics and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom