• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop peeling Mr.Orange, you weren't there, you don't know the context.

tumblr_mu4juwXmj21shxe70o5_500.gif

Definitely one of my favorite episodes, with a young Burgess Meredith too (Mickey from the Rocky films)!

H1PSTER

You know what sucks?

Having a Deathadder mouse die on you.. But not only that, being forced to use a mouse that is as slow as a snail walking through porridge.

It is horrible... I can't live without my mouse, it's practically ruined gaming for me.

I have been forced to actually use my Ps4.

tioslash

You know what sucks?

Having a Deathadder mouse die on you.. But not only that, being forced to use a mouse that is as slow as a snail walking through porridge.

It is horrible... I can't live without my mouse, it's practically ruined gaming for me.

I have been forced to actually use my Ps4.

Was it an old Deathadder at least?

Mono

Final Fantasy VIII no longer shows up in the "Games (#)" library list for me, but under "Other Games". And it's the only thing there! Has this happened to anyone else?

H1PSTER

Was it an old Deathadder at least?

About three-four years old, so yeah.

But now I have to do research again and it's such a pain in the arse.. I want to go back to razor but I honestly do not want the shite build quality.

The Deathadder felt perfect... It is perfect for my fingertip grip but I really can't have another mouse die like that.

derExperte

The Deathadder felt perfect... It is perfect for my fingertip grip but I really can't have another mouse die like that.

The new ones aren't better, something in mine broke off after an hour and there are regularly reports of mice dying. To be fair that happens with other manufactureres as well, they don't build them like they used to.

Another Double Fine game they start and never finish. I won't buy anything from them before Broken Age part 2 comes out, wtf is going on there? Okay, just saw that they're only publishing.

You've never watched it?

twilight-zone-monster-o.gif

You should get on that at some point :p

I never have. But I bought Season 1 on BluRay last week. :)

tioslash

About three-four years old, so yeah.

But now I have to do research again and it's such a pain in the arse.. I want to go back to razor but I honestly do not want the shite build quality.

I have a Lachesis on my secondary PC that´s 6 years now and still going strong.

Now I´m using a SteelSeries Sensei, and what a great mouse. Hope it lasts.

dot

No, I'm not joking. I just have a low tolerance for annoying and not very creative dungeon designs. It's also not optional. Keep in mind this is after a really dull series of fetch quests - putting out fires all over the internet (that consume your water chips!). After putting out all the fires, I had no desire to try and find my way through a shitty maze, and just stopped playing.

Too bad, really, because I was enjoying myself up until then.

Sorry, missed this post earlier.

I must have forgot that it wasn't optional. Haven't played it in a long time, heh. But at least you enjoyed the majority of the game! :p Have you played the other ones? Or planning to?

He's a cool guy.
Hes a frequent at certain times.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=226353

Ah okay, i think i'm starting to recognize him now lol. His avatar looks familiar.

holy crap i read those books when i was a kid and didn't know what it was called until now, thanks! (Frog & Toad)

Haha, glad to see you enjoy my avatar edits. Didn't think anyone would notice them. <3 It's about time I'm due for a new one, lol.

I noticed them too! I think they're cute, haha.

Final Fantasy VIII no longer shows up in the "Games (#)" library list for me, but under "Other Games". And it's the only thing there! Has this happened to anyone else?

I think a game randomly popped up under there before for me. I think it's just steam being steam.

yes i'm the new X05 jk

FINALLY beat Valiant Hearts, the ending was pretty sad. Really enjoyed my time with the game. The game was pretty easy but I'd be lying to you if I said i didn't get stuck on some parts. One thing I didn't enjoy was playing as the nurse since she had a lot of that quicktime crap. I hate qte segments in any game, imo its just laziness on the developers part. I did like the car segments though, I would've liked if it had 1 or 2 more of them :) Game has a lot going for it; art direction, music, narrative, and enjoyable gameplay. Hell, you even learn a bit about the great war too!

OVERALL:8/10 highly recommended.

They use to marathon the Twilight Zone on SyFy annually. Some holiday or another.

They have it on New Years Eve usually, I only know because I would switch to it when I couldn't bear to watch Dick Clark those last few years he hosted the New Year's countdown shows.

They have it on New Years Eve usually, I only know because I would switch to it when I couldn't bear to watch Dick Clark those last few years he hosted the New Year's countdown shows.

New Year's Day, too. I've spent some harsh ones on the couch watching them back-to-back, unable to move.

CS:GO question: there's an exclamation mark next to Options on the main menu with a number 1 underneath that. Any idea what that is?

DocSeuss

Black Isle seen from the other side?
images

Am I dreaming that somebody zombified that studio? Did that actually happen?

Someone tried, but we've heard nothing of them since 2012. Turns out, if you try to bring back Black Isle without all the people who actually made it Black Isle, like, y'know, Sawyer, Avellone, Urquhart, you're gonna have a bad time.

Miker

Sorry, missed this post earlier.

I must have forgot that it wasn't optional. Haven't played it in a long time, heh. But at least you enjoyed the majority of the game! :p Have you played the other ones? Or planning to?

Yeah, I played the original MMBN1 years ago, and for some reason, wanted to play another, so I searched gaf for some LTTP threads for which one was the best and hunted down MMBN3. I love the series' combat to death, but the dungeon design is honestly pretty shitty. I know they could only do so much on the GBA, especially with that isometric perspective, but endless mazes and teleporters just don't make for fun dungeons.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
FINALLY beat Valiant Hearts, the ending was pretty sad. Really enjoyed my time with the game. The game was pretty easy but I'd be lying to you if I said i didn't get stuck on some parts. One thing I didn't enjoy was playing as the nurse since she had a lot of that quicktime crap. I hate qte segments in any game, imo its just laziness on the developers part. I did like the car segments though, I would've liked if it had 1 or 2 more of them :) Game has a lot going for it; art direction, music, narrative, and enjoyable gameplay. Hell, you even learn a bit about the great war too!

OVERALL:8/10 highly recommended.
I despised the guitar hero qte nurse bits as well. God of War 3 did the same thing at one point in the game and my hatred for that bit stuck with me to this day.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I just bought an AMD code. I don't care if someone's making $19 profit, when I get Alien: Isolation, Sniper Elite 3 and Star Citizen for just $20 :D

Momentary

Banned
I got 9 more games to go for this years challenge. I think I'm going to tackle:

The Wolf Among Us
TWD Season 1
TWD Season 2
Deponia trilogy
Chains of Satinav
Memoria
and Wolfenstein

I'v gotta stick to my guns on this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got 9 more games to go for this years challenge. I think I'm going to tackle:

The Wolf Among Us
TWD Season 1
TWD Season 2
Deponia trilogy
Chains of Satinav
Memoria
and Wolfenstein

I'v gotta stick to my guns on this.

So much point-and-click. Might want to mix it up a bit more than that, unless you're like obsessed with the genre.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
The price is relative. If it make you happy. There isn't anything wrong with it :)

You're probably right :)

btw, Steam should fix the Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 order. It's driving me nuts

Uzzy

are any of the weekly deals worth buying?

Well, I adore Wargame: Red Dragon. But it's very different from other RTS games in the market, and aimed at a niche audience.

Edit: Of course, that's a midweek deal, not a weekly deal. Grrh. It'd help if I read sometimes.

Ibuki

Banned
So I missed a crazy price error AMD code thingy? That sucks! That's what I get for not being in the Steam thread for a few days. :p

Shadownet

Banned
I'll be nice for 2 years.

I wonder if I post that in the B/S/T thread would anyone take me up on it. Lol
---
I've been meaning to ask this. I doubt it will work. But if there is a talented GAF out there that can draw me a picture of Elizabeth. Like a good one that I can use for my next avatar. I'll give you a copy of Alien for free.

Last time I asked for a drawing for my Batman contest. There were only 2-3 really good submission.

I asked because JaseC found an excellent drawing of Saoirse online but I couldn't find one good enough for Elizabeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom