• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Considering Magical Diary was 14.99.
9.99 seems fine to me. Though its not something I need right now.

I had fun with Magical Diary... but then again, I paid very little for it (bundle)
Had I paid 15$, I probably wouldn't have been very happy with my purchase though.

I wonder if I post that in the B/S/T thread would anyone take me up on it. Lol
---
I've been meaning to ask this. I doubt it will work. But if there is a talented GAF out there that can draw me a picture of Elizabeth. Like a good one that I can use for my next avatar. I'll give you a copy of Alien for free.

Last time I asked for a drawing for my Batman contest. There were only 2-3 really good submission.

I asked because JaseC found an excellent drawing of Saoirse online but I couldn't find one good enough for Elizabeth.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-je69eGLO1dE/UxSRyLwAiFI/AAAAAAAAImg/U88p1V2LW_g/s1600/Olsen4.jpg

?

Won some of these recently so going to give back :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pyroclastic:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pyroclastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-134BF89F81B0C595 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.

t1409704601z1.png

I wonder if I post that in the B/S/T thread would anyone take me up on it. Lol
---
I've been meaning to ask this. I doubt it will work. But if there is a talented GAF out there that can draw me a picture of Elizabeth. Like a good one that I can use for my next avatar. I'll give you a copy of Alien for free.

Last time I asked for a drawing for my Batman contest. There were only 2-3 really good submission.

I asked because JaseC found an excellent drawing of Saoirse online but I couldn't find one good enough for Elizabeth.

Elizabeth? the only way you can get more vague than that is by saying girl. Be more specfic, I'll take on this challenge, I just need to know who this is I'll be drawing.

def sim

Dang GPU. I just need you to last until the end of October-ish.

These visual artifacts in Murdered Soul Suspects has me worried.

Shadownet

Banned

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing through the two Bone games made by Telltale, and my opinions about them aren't favorable. I just wrote a review for the first one (Out from Boneville) and posted it on Steam. I decided to post it here too in case anyone wants to read it and isn't on my friends list; hope the rest of you don't mind!

I'll start this review with a confession: I haven't read the Bone comic books, so my only experience with this universe is through these games. This is Telltale's first adventure, and it shows. With that out of the way, I'll get to the first thing that's noticeable. Graphically it is bland and plain, and I found it boring to look at. Sometimes, the objects that had to be interacted with didn't stand out from the rest of the background, making a few puzzles an exercise in frustrating pixel hunting until you finally saw the cursor turn into the "interactive" indicator. Need to find something that hits hard? Good luck finding a rock that doesn't even look clickable among a sea of similarly unremarkable objects.

Speaking of puzzles, they weren't much fun to solve. None stood out as particularly clever or creative, but fortunately they weren't too hard either (mind you, I'm usually pretty terrible at point & click adventures, and yet I managed to beat this without using a guide). The minigames, however, were much harder to learn. In particular, there's a part where your character has to play hide-and-seek with some kids. You have to guide them so they can find him, but the game never tells you how this is done. Instead, all you get is three dialogue options, one of which makes them walk backwards, the other forwards and the last one turn in the same spot; every time they move they also turn to another direction. It took me a while to realize there was a method to this madness, and that the creatures didn't move randomly. It's even worse due to the game having a similar section before, with you trying to find the kids, that used the same words but completely different mechanics; of course, I tried applying what I had learned then and it didn't work. There were also a couple of chase sequences, which feature terrible controls and seem to last quite a lot (it doesn't help that they aren't any fun to play). At least the devs seem to be aware of how bad they were, because as soon as you lose once you get the option to skip them entirely. I chose not to, but looking back I should have.

The characters didn't appear to be likable to me, and some dialogues were plain annoying. I usually want to explore every option in this kind of games, but here I just wanted to get it over with. I had to force myself to check every dialogue option I could, and it was not worth it at all. There's a bit of humor there, but it's not written in a way that made me laugh. Maybe I would have related to the characters or appreciated them more had I read the comics, but as it stands I didn't care for any of them. This is no Wolf Among Us, that's for sure, but I still wasn't expecting it to be so dull.

All in all, there are barely any traces here of the greatness that would come with future Telltale titles, such as Sam & Max and The Walking Dead. It's not a terrible game, but a pretty mediocre one. I can't recommend it, not when there are much better games to play instead.

I'm not going to bother with a review for the sequel (The Great Cow Race) since it's more of the same. Dull and uninspired as the first one, only a little bit more refined. Longer too, at least double (2:40 and 4:40 hours respectively), but with some complicated puzzles that frustrated me a bit (also managed to beat them all without using a guide). Unless you are in love with these comics or something, I wouldn't give these games any of my time. Be glad I did it so you don't have to!

Graphics remind me of De Blob on Wii/DS.

De-Blob-US.jpg
Man, this was a pretty fun game! Sadly I got stuck in the scenery once, and that forced me to replay the whole level. Don't think I ever came back since then.

Turfster

What good games are currently in the AMD bundle?

As in, out? (In no particular order, across all kinds of styles)
  • Tomb Raider
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Just Cause 2
  • Saints Row IV
  • SHOGUN 2
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Guacamelee
  • Mutant Blobs
  • Banner Saga
  • Alien vs Predator
  • Sleepydogs
  • Titan Quest
  • Supreme Commander
Not out yet, but hopefully good
  • Alien

hey steamgaf it seems like my mom is serious about getting my bro a gaming pc (we've had the motherboard and os just lying around here for almost a year) and graphics cards are pretty confusing with all their numbers, we have a budget of like $500 or something and the graphics card is the most expensive thing(the 2nd being the processor, this is the processor I'll be getting btw since the motherboard i have is for amd: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009O7YORK/?tag=neogaf0e-20)
but my question is which one of these graphic cards are better:
the gtx 750Ti:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDG3IDO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
or the gtx 660 overclocked:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00966IREK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

i wish these names were more consumer friendly with their name for us newbies. >.>

You're gonna come back with a drawing of Queen Elizaberth aren't you.

... actually when he said Elizabeth the first person who i thought he was talking about was the queen >_> But its the girl from Godzilla that he means. Its going to be ace guys, just you watch, + its going to be made with the power of friendship so shadownet will HAVE to use it for at least a week or he's a shitty friend cause I'm not doing this for the code, I'm doing this FOR FRIENDSHIP! :3
FriendshipRing.jpg

Volimar

... actually when he said Elizabeth the first person who i thought he was talking about was the queen >_> But its the girl from Godzilla that he means. Its going to be ace guys, just you watch, + its going to be made with the power of friendship so shadownet will HAVE to use it for at least a week or he's a shitty friend cause I'm not doing this for the code, I'm doing this FOR FRIENDSHIP! :3
FriendshipRing.jpg

So then I can have the code?

Nice friendship ring btw.

hey steamgaf it seems like my mom is serious about getting my bro a gaming pc (we've had the motherboard and os just lying around here for almost a year) and graphics cards are pretty confusing with all their numbers, we have a budget of like $500 or something and the graphics card is the most expensive thing(the 2nd being the processor, this is the processor I'll be getting btw since the motherboard i have is for amd: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009O7YORK/?tag=neogaf0e-20)
but my question is which one of these graphic cards are better:
the gtx 750Ti:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDG3IDO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
or the gtx 660 overclocked:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00966IREK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

i wish these names were more consumer friendly with their name for us newbies. >.>

660 would be better even if it wasn't overclocked.

Nvidia's naming scheme is suuuure dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom