• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Just caught up on #gamergate. Oh boy.

My inner /v/irgin and redditor are waging a furious war, not to mention my dislike of gamez journalism.

I guess I should stay out of this one.

Also is DR3 region locked? If not will probably try to get it with keys

Anime is for jerks.gif
wow I really read something else there first... lol

tCUv5W9.gif

Shade

Free stuff! Modbot says take 'em!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enclave -- MB-540F6A5512736504 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-CAD6218837F74B1C - Taken by FauX. 3 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-73BBC302E7252971 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama -- MB-AB37BB1B0CB07457 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Knights & Merchants -- MB-94D6AC2632CA2423 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-F8083E5A636C30C1 - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-6B1D11B385B1D873 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.

t1409721582z1.png

AlexBasch

I have officially given up trying to get Max Payne 1+2 to run in Windows 8.1. I have checked the Steamforums and other alternatives but no dice. Bummer.

Ozium

I have officially given up trying to get Max Payne 1+2 to run in Windows 8.1. I have checked the Steamforums and other alternatives but no dice. Bummer.

I ran Max Payne 1 just fine on Win 8.1, except for the sound glitch (which there is a fix for in the guides section) what exactly is the issue?

Miker

KotOR II's tearing is killing me. In-game vsync locks it at 30 fps, and I can't force external vsync via RadeonPro as I can with all of my other games. It's not the tearing is all that bad, especially in a turn-based RPG, but it's driving me nuts anyway.

AlexBasch

I ran Max Payne 1 just fine on Win 8.1, except for the sound glitch (which there is a fix for in the guides section) what exactly is the issue?
Pressing play game, seeing my icon turning green and then blue, like nothing launched at all.

Rechecked and redownloaded the game many times, even with the weird .bat command and everything. :|

Ozium

Pressing play game, seeing my icon turning green and then blue, like nothing launched at all.

Rechecked and redownloaded the game many times, even with the weird .bat command and everything. :|

weird.. I know you redownloaded but did you try to verify the game cache? (Right-click on max payne in your library)

I have no idea how to help if it won't even start at all.. sorry :/

Wait! People are talking about great Double Fine games and not even mentioning Pshychonauts!? One of my favorite games! :(

I think the average Psychonauts impressions is "wow, this game is weird... ok I've played it for a bit and yeah it's pretty fun... oh sweet I'm almost near the end... fuck this meat circus shit, fuck this game, im out.."

I think the ending section turns a lot of people off, and leaves a bad lasting impression to an otherwise excellent game.

Miguel81

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dante81, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-12DD51FD58B3BE84 - Taken by Nabs. 33 entrants total.
DYAD -- MB-433BEA84BC2D5B2B - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Dragons and Titans -- MB-AAFA36E9F7AA25AD - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.

t1409732682z1.png

Putting my AMD Bronzer to good use. Dragons and Titans is for in-game goodies.

Excellent. I love it.

Also. I don't think you miss anything big. But then again I was away from GAF most of the time today.

Nice. Things will probably get pretty busy for me so I won't be on GAF often on weekdays. (8AM classes, Zzzzzzz).

Doesn't look like there will be too many bundles this week.

I don't I've played a Double Fine game before.

Monooboe

I think the average Psychonauts impressions is "wow, this game is weird... ok I've played it for a bit and yeah it's pretty fun... oh sweet I'm almost near the end... fuck this meat circus shit, fuck this game, im out.."

I think the ending section turns a lot of people off, and leaves a bad lasting impression to an otherwise excellent game.

I actually don't remember having any frustrations with the circus.o_O Then again I think I was slightly frustrated with the platforming thru the whole game, but that is something I take for granted in platforming games.

I mentioned it!

You both spelled "Psychonauts" wrong.

Oh sorry! And you are absolutely right about their misspelling.:D (realized now that I actually misspelled Ppsychnauts in my post haha)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any game that claims to be "optimized for 30fps" is guaranteed not to be.

I just hope it's not that bad.

The game will support 60fps "unofficially", although I think Capcom's actually shown the game running at said framerate.

The game will support 60fps "unofficially", although I think Capcom's actually shown the game running at said framerate.
It's an option in the settings menu. There isn't any sorcery involved. I think it's more that they may not have tested to see if running at that framerate causes issues. And I didn't see any problems in any of the streams for the game, and they were all running with the cap at 60, IIRC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The game can be delayed for all I care. ;)

and yet a PS VITA version exists... lol

To be fair, Sony funded that.

I asked because JaseC found an excellent drawing of Saoirse online but I couldn't find one good enough for Elizabeth.

This one? :p

wzwpxlcT.jpeg

They have on their twitch channel.
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/562558379

The problem is since 60fps support is "unofficial" they're giving themselves a pass to not patch any unforeseen problems it causes.

Capcom can't even spell "community" correctly. When will it end! :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Missed out on that AMD goodness. Banner Sagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I can't keep up with all these threads. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom