• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Enhanced Steam has now reached a point where game developers and companies are trying to pay me a good chunk of money to have their game featured on the homepage of Steam.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this, other than it just doesn't sit well with me.

Make it really obvious "Enhanced Steam featured game! Paid Advertisement!" and go for it. And put a button right below it to disable it if people want to. Seems like a really reasonable and legit way to make some money on it.

wilflare

You should, even in their marked up form, they are still a good deal.

Also, you are getting a second degree or something?

not getting a second degree... just thought I'll take a computing module in my last semester (of my History Honors degree)...

heard the professor is very good (he is) and the module will give a very solid foundation... but being the only history major in a class of applied math students... lol

---
hmm shall see if i can get a $10 code haha

Cool thanks for the info friends.

I should probably get around to installing them

If anyone is so inclined, add me: bubbavelli

Im very new to this steam shit

DocSeuss

Okay so I bought the witcher 1 and 2 recently in a sale for like $11. I've heard positive reviews so I just bought them on a whim. How great are they?

Well, I wrote this, so I'm biased towards The Witcher 1.

Cool thanks for the info friends.

I should probably get around to installing them

If anyone is so inclined, add me: bubbavelli

Im very new to this steam shit

welcome

-

Started to think I should have charged Shadownet $15 a pop for those AMD keys so I could buy all the games.

ALL THE GAMES

ahahaha oh wait, I forgot, I'm not evil

Mokoi

Banned
Okay so I bought the witcher 1 and 2 recently in a sale for like $11. I've heard positive reviews so I just bought them on a whim. How great are they?

Gameplay wise witcher 1 is a ehhh, but 2 really makes it better. Both games are solid, and you still got plenty of time till 3 gets released. Best get to it.

legacyzero

Banned
Building a new list for games I wanna buy. What am I missing, GAF?

ibwy0QV15RHYSF.png

This is only upcoming games. Doesn't count games that are already out, and I dont have the money for yet LOL

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

ibwy0QV15RHYSF.png

This is only upcoming games. Doesn't count games that are already out, and I dont have the money for yet LOL

Alien: Isolation seems like a good choice to add. Asscreed Unity if you like the Asscreeds. Dreamfall Chapters will probably be good. I still haven't fully got behind the hype train, but I agree with HalfwayOrb's mention of Civ: Beyond Earth.

legacyzero

Banned
A Hat in Time =)
Wat's that?
Civ: Beyond Earth.
Homeworld: Remastered.
Civ's not my kind of genre (Strategy, right?), But i'll have to look into Homeworld.
Alien: Isolation seems like a good choice to add. Asscreed Unity if you like the Asscreeds. Dreamfall Chapters will probably be good. I still haven't fully got behind the hype train, but I agree with HalfwayOrb's mention of Civ: Beyond Earth.
I've been hearing so not so good things about Alien. Gonna see how that goes. AssCreed games bore the shit out of me. I dunno what it is...

I don't see Costume Quest 2. You should definitely add that to the list, unless you pre-purchased it already.
Never played the first one. Any good?
Interested in Dragon Age Inquisition?
Somewhat. Game LOOKS pretty good..

Grief.exe

ibwy0QV15RHYSF.png

Easy to miss as it has no announced release date, but Binding of Isaac Rebirth should be hitting PC/PS4/Vita fairly soon.

Civ's not my kind of genre (Strategy, right?), But i'll have to look into Homeworld.

Technically a 4X, but labeling it as strategy works fine.

DocSeuss

You spelled "Brutal Legend" wrong.

I haven't beat Brutal Legend yet, so I can't comment. I quite like it.

You both spelled "Psychonauts" wrong.

I find the game itself to feature the most boring gameplay in the series.

Honestly, Double Fine's games rarely have great gameplay, in my opinion. Brutal Legend probably has the best when it's not doing the RTS stuff. Costume Quest is super fun. But on the whole... I'm way more excited by DF-9 and MASSIVE CHALICE than any of their previous outings. Too bad the space ship games didn't get prototypes.

iosefe

i've never played a Double Fine game

*EDIT*

oh wait, i looked up their games and i played like 15 minutes of The Cave

Anustart

How much does Resident Evil 6 typically go for on sale? I enjoyed 5 decently enough so I wouldn't mind playing 6 at the right price.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
A small gift from Stuggernaut:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stuggernaut, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Thief: Master Thief Edition -- MB-D1FDB555633BB113 - Taken by Madrugador. 23 entrants total.

t1409729862z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom