• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Tell me about it. I'm going to have to leave my computer on overnight.

dr3_by_intheflorsh-d7xqh6n.png
ಠ_ಠ
I did it! I ordered the Oculus Rift.:D Became a bit more expensive than I had expected, with VAT and shipping. Now I have to make VR category on steam and wait eagerly.:D

Any recommendations that are said to be good with VR?
Say what you want, but I love Euro Truck Sim 2 VR. Even without a wheel it's amazing, listening to a radio station driving through the countryside - probably my favorite VR experience so far. And for some reason I chuckle every time I accidently hit a car c:

Half Life 2 VR on the other hand... it's probably amazing with Hydras but good luck finding them for a reasonable price. Also the game made me horribly sick the first time I jumped into it, really gotta get used to the keyhole aiming with KB&M. I personally wouldn't recommend a controller, turning with a mouse feels so much better than the slow turning with a controller. Fun thing is, aiming feels so good for some reason and it's a lot easier than on monitor for me. Also the atmosphere is super tense for me, this is why I stopped playing after 2-3 hours of progress or so lol.

Qbeh-1 is a very nice first person puzzler but I can barely handle more than two or three levels in one sitting before I get sick. I don't know why, maybe it's the constant jumping down and such. But apart from that, it's really worth a shot for the small price (it's a great puzzler in 2D as well :p).

Minecrift is promising but is totally fucked up for me. Depth feels super artificial and flat, blocks don't even look close to the 1x1x1m they are supposed to be and I feel like I'm a runtish gnome. Others experience the same but for some people it seems fine. Hope it will be fixed in the near future, really want to play it.

LFS doesn't do much for me and I haven't tried Elite Dangerous yet. Not gonna throw 75$ at a game whose genre I don't like.

Also don't expect a plethora of full games to play - it's a Devkit. Just a friendly reminder since many people are disappointed that they have very little full games to play after they tried out every conceptual demo they can find.

Nabs

Why so many pages overnight? anything happened again? (kinda too busy to skim over that many!)

Night time is garbage time.

Oh hey, I won Banner Saga! Nice. I liked what I played in Family Sharing. Now to not kill everyone on my side.

Monooboe

ಠ_ಠ

Say what you want, but I love Euro Truck Sim 2 VR. Even without a wheel it's amazing, listening to a radio station driving through the countryside - probably my favorite VR experience so far. And for some reason I chuckle every time I accidently hit a car c:

Half Life 2 VR on the other hand... it's probably amazing with Hydras but good luck finding them for a reasonable price. Also the game made me horribly sick the first time I jumped into it, really gotta get used to the keyhole aiming with KB&M. I personally wouldn't recommend a controller, turning with a mouse feels so much better than the slow turning with a controller. Fun thing is, aiming feels so good for some reason and it's a lot easier than on monitor for me. Also the atmosphere is super tense for me, this is why I stopped playing after 2-3 hours of progress or so lol.

Qbeh-1 is a very nice first person puzzler but I can barely handle more than two or three levels in one sitting before I get sick. I don't know why, maybe it's the constant jumping down and such. But apart from that, it's really worth a shot for the small price (it's a great puzzler in 2D as well :p).

Minecrift is promising but is totally fucked up for me. Depth feels super artificial and flat, blocks don't even look close to the 1x1x1m they are supposed to be and I feel like I'm a runtish gnome. Others experience the same but for some people it seems fine. Hope it will be fixed in the near future, really want to play it.

LFS doesn't do much for me and I haven't tried Elite Dangerous yet. Not gonna throw 75$ at a game whose genre I don't like.

Also don't expect a plethora of full games to play - it's a Devkit. Just a friendly reminder since many people are disappointed that they have very little full games to play after they tried out every conceptual demo they can find.

Thanks for the tips and impression!:D

Yeah I'm not expecting much in terms of new games, more about the new experiences and seeing what the future can hold in terms of immersion and such. See all the experimenting that people are doing.

I tried to look around for some Hydras but are impossible to find. Are there any similar things that are good? How about Leap Motion?

Nabs

I feel like a douche when asking stuff like this but will DR3 work with family sharing?

Only douchey publishers (or GFWL-type services) prevent you from family sharing.
Even some Uplay games can be shared if you're really cool with the other person.
You just won't be able to download it until it's available to play.

You can also tell if something is blocked from Sharing by checking the store page (with Enhanced Steam installed) or checking the registry entry. http://store.steampowered.com/app/220240/ is an example of that.

Arthea

ok i think last chapter of tits they figured out i'm not having too much fun doing the side quest things and they removed them

well done

you are insane, you know. Trails has some nice sidequests and overall they aren't bad or anything.

Only douchey publishers (or GFWL-type services) prevent you from family sharing.
Even some Uplay games can be shared if you're really cool with the other person.
You won't be able to download it until it's available to play.

Are you sure about this? I thought all U don't play games are excluded from family sharing. Which ones aren't?

Nabs

you are insane, you know. Trails has some nice sidequests and overall they aren't bad or anything.

Are you sure about this? I thought all U don't play games are excluded from family sharing. Which ones aren't?

Games that are download only (the $15 type) seem to be fine.

Enco

You just won't be able to download it until it's available to play.

You can also tell if something is blocked from Sharing by checking the store page (with Enhanced Steam installed) or checking the registry entry. http://store.steampowered.com/app/220240/ is an example of that.

It's not showing up because it hasn't unlocked.

The Enhanced Steam feature is pretty cool! Didn't realise it existed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently I earlier sold a regular "waifu" card for $1.99 ($1.74). God bless the internet.

Arthea

Funny thing I noticed about Pixel Puzzles: Japan. The more enlightened a monk gets, the older he is, noticeably so too (><)
Also it is definitely not a game for blind people, in later levels pieces are so small I can barely see them, let alone what's on them. Still nice pics, some are bloody hard to uncover.

Apparently I earlier sold a regular "waifu" card for $1.99 ($1.74). God bless the internet.

I wish I could sell my foils for such price... I still haven't sold any idlemaster got me couple of weeks ago.

eh not bad is not the same as good

they're not terrible but they're not exciting 50 hours in

c'mon, some are exciting, some are not. Which game has only exciting sidequests?

Vuze

Thanks for the tips and impression!:D

Yeah I'm not expecting much in terms of new games, more about the new experiences and seeing what the future can hold in terms of immersion and such. See all the experimenting that people are doing.

I tried to look around for some Hydras but are impossible to find. Are there any similar things that are good? How about Leap Motion?

I would hold off purchasing anything regarding alternative input methods at this point. Oculus will host their Connect conference on the 19th and I expect them to reveal something related to an official input device there.

zkylon

zkylewd
some day there'll be league of legends cards

you guys are funny, thanks for laughs

well i can play hundreds of hours of fallout and never get bored

this one the other hand i'm kinda like come the fuck on estelle throw yourself in joshua's bed already ffs

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Riot won't hire me so fuck them.
I don't have a lot of lol experience but in terns of community control and building, I think I would do a good job. They hire sycophants.oh, and people willing to see their job as identity.

Blizzard is the same. Hence their own stagnation.

The_Monk

Morning everyone, hope y'all doing fine. :)

Assassin's Creed.

Hey Jase I know you are a fan of the AC series, did you liked AC: Black Flag? I was happy when they mentioned the Portuguese who were one of the best explorers back in the day, there was even a mission where you had to
steal a Portuguese flag from a ship and the old flag was really accurate, loved that!

Have you played that little standalone? Is it worth it? I might grab the console version when it's on sale but can you -or anyone- give an idea of how much time I may get from it?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That wasn't his question.

Ok, a lot of the side quests are also not exciting. Going to the therapist? Towing cars? I'm not saying that GTA V is a bad game, the side quests add a lot of texture, but they're not all exciting by any stretch of the imagination.

Arthea

anybody played

It's from Long live the Queen devs, so of course I'm interested how it compares. I see all time peak is 3 people playing... not good. Only steam review is really good and mentions lots of branching paths. I need to pick it up and if it's good convince more of you to do so, because you know... we need more good VNs.

Ok, a lot of the side quests are also not exciting. Going to the therapist? Towing cars? I'm not saying that GTA V is a bad game, the side quests add a lot of texture, but they're not all exciting by any stretch of the imagination.

this just proves once more that love is blind! (><)
notice that all three posts were about favourite games.

JaseC

Hey Jase I know you are a fan of the AC series, did you liked AC: Black Flag? I was happy when they mentioned the Portuguese who were one of the best explorers back in the day, there was even a mission where you had to
steal a Portuguese flag from a ship and the old flag was really accurate, loved that!

I enjoyed it more than 3 owing to the change of setting, but the larger cities of the game were still too small for my liking and I wasn't overly fond of the large focus shift to the naval component. I'm glad that Unity's returning to the Brotherhood/Revelations structure of one massive -- not to mention architecturally and aesthetically appealing -- city.

Have you played that little standalone? Is it worth it? I might grab the console version when it's on sale but can you -or anyone- give an idea of how much time I may get from it?

I played the DLC version. It's relatively meaty (HLTB says 5-6 hours for the main campaign and about another hour or so for sidequests) and won't bore you if you enjoyed Black Flag proper.

Tellaerin

My Borderlands 2 adventure continues.

I have an assault rifle that autofires grenades in place of rifle rounds and a talking shotgun with the AI of a killer robot. Just met Tiny Tina, who seems amusingly twisted. (Hell, I could probably describe the entire game that way, really.)

This is good stuff.

Are you saying I'm a girl? You bitch! :p

Hearing that in Saoirse's voice is... interesting.

The drawing's adorable, btw - definitely avatar material IMO.

The_Monk

I played the DLC version. It's relatively meaty (HLTB says 5-6 hours for the main campaign and about another hour or so for sidequests) and won't bore you if you enjoyed Black Flag proper.

Thanks for answering my good man, seems like a good length for the price and the side story left me curious. 5-6 hours is just about right.

Monooboe

I enjoyed it more than 3 owing to the change of setting, but the larger cities of the game were still too small for my liking and I wasn't overly fond of the large focus shift to the naval component. I'm glad that Unity's returning to the Brotherhood/Revelations structure of one massive -- not to mention architecturally and aesthetically appealing -- city.

I agree, I'm so bloody hyped for Unity. I even got the uplay exclusive guillotine edition... sucks though that I probably won't get to play it on release day with the 4-7 day shipping.

JaseC

Hearing that in Saoirse's voice is... interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekLcUyDWaU&t=1m44s

The drawing's adorable, btw - definitely avatar material IMO.

Just waiting for the changeover date. ;)

I agree, I'm so bloody hyped for Unity. I even got the uplay exclusive guillotine edition... sucks though that I probably won't get to play it on release day with the 4-7 day shipping.

Haha, I love my AssCreed but not enough to buy it elsewhere. ;)

Zeknurn

The things you listed are part of the main quest and I agree with that there's plenty of them that are dull. But the sidequests in GTA V are the strangers you meet on the street like the old British couple with their interest in celebrity memorabilia and the guy with the legalize weed campaign. Looking back at them I can't think of a single unexciting one

JaseC

btw, Valve ever responded to current greenlight situation? I guess not, but in case they did, what's going on?

Valve? Comment on something? Surely you jest. :p The ETA on Greenlight going the way of the dodo was late this year or early next, so the optimistic assumption is that Valve's preparing to flip the switch but is still hand-picking some Greenlight items in the interim.

next avatar shold be saoirse throwing up that worm she's eating

http://abload.de/img/grossjesdr.gif

the hell is that?!

Robot Chicken. I don't like the show but Saoirse lent her voice for a couple of episodes.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The things you listed are part of the main quest and I agree with that there's plenty of them that are dull. But the sidequests in GTA V are the strangers you meet on the street like the old British couple with their interest in celebrity memorabilia and the guy with the legalize weed campaign. Looking back at them I can't think of a single unexciting one

Towing cars was a side quest, not the main one. The strangers & freaks stuff was interesting and adds character, but some are just "drive someone to a certain place" and that's it, not exciting, per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom