• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Valve? Comment on something? Surely you jest. :p The ETA on Greenlight going the way of the dodo was late this year or early next, so the optimistic assumption is that Valve's preparing to flip the switch but is still hand-picking some Greenlight items in the interim.

I was somewhat (><)
But it is odd behaviour, one I would call "asking for trouble". If some major changes are underway, and it seems so, shouldn't they inform at least devs? Because you know, people keep submitting games for greenlight, we keep buying them. Totally smells like trouble...

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Anybody here knows how the Civilization region lock works?
SteamDB shows that there is a RUS, IN, ASIA and ROW version. So I can probably pick that game up from a US seller and activate it on my EU account, right? Just t be sure.

The Banner Saga is great, how the story stuff and decision making is done is very similar to Expeditions Conquistador which was great too.

wagamer

Is it a common problem that Steam has stopped offering new video card drivers? Or is it just a specific problem of mine?

I noticed this when Skyrim started crashing every now and then and I realized that I haven't updated my drivers in almost a year. The driver check is still on Steam menu but it says the drivers are up to date, so I have to update them manually.

Arthea

Is it worth putting up with uPlay to get a fairly cheap copy of ACIV?

Doesn't matter where you buy it, you have to deal with Uplay either way.

edited: zky beat me? didn't see that coming

SteamDB shows that there is a RUS, IN, ASIA and ROW version. So I can probably pick that game up from a US seller and activate it on my EU account, right? Just t be sure.

As far as I know, you are right.
But to be sure we need Jasec to confirm it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was somewhat (><)
But it is odd behaviour, one I would call "asking for trouble". If some major changes are underway, and it seems so, shouldn't they inform at least devs? Because you know, people keep submitting games for greenlight, we keep buying them. Totally smells like trouble...

Greenlight being abolished isn't going to inconvenience those presently stuck there. Devs who've already paid for the SGSF won't be asked to pay again and will instead be able to upload their games without worrying about a democratic process.

Those subs are for retail keys. The store sub is universal and is region-locked with ACRTAG, however said flag only affects gift copies sourced from Eastern European, South American and South-east Asian users, so US -> EU is fine.

Knurek

Oh god, Olivier Lenheim from TitS.
My sides... My sides...
Olivier1crop--article_image.jpg

Arthea

Oh god, Olivier Lenheim from TitS.
My sides... My sides...
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2011/05-May/14/Saturday%20giveaway%20-%20Legend%20of%20Heroes/Olivier1crop--article_image.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
[SPOILER](><)[/SPOILER]
Why is your screenshot so blurry, btw?

JaseC

Do Steam preorders get that UNITE preorder program? If so, do you have a team I can join?:D The extra goodies seem kind of nice one gets.

I did a bit of digging around a little while ago and as far as I can tell it's tied to your Uplay account and therefore Ubishop-exclusive. Obviously Uplay games on Steam also use Uplay, but there's no way for Steam users to retrieve their Unity key without Ubi setting the game's status to released or adding a release state override to the pre-order subs, which would just cause a lot of confusion as people would wonder why they can't actually play the game.

Chariot

God, I hate Gamersgate sales. Even if some ofers are good, you always have to search through a flock of pages full of crap and DLCs. @.~

Fantastapotamus

Those subs are for retail keys. The store sub is universal and is region-locked with ACRTAG, however said flag only affects gift copies sourced from Eastern European, South American and South-east Asian users, so US -> EU is fine.

Thanks.

JaseC

So er, Thief Gold. 6 people on my friends list own it, none of them have booted it up. Think I'll have to buy this game another time.

You'd be doing yourself a disservice. Not unlike System Shock 2, Thief Gold and Thief 2 are universally considered to be PC gaming classics.

Arthea

Hahaha

I am thinking about buying Saint's Row IV for 10 Euro, but I am almost sure I can get the Game of the Century version for the same price in the Wintersale

stop right here, don't repeat my mistake
I wish I waited for Century edition and inevitable discounts

I'm not trying to imply it's bad, or not worth playing. It's just.. I'll probably fall into the same trap of buying it, and not playing it for ages. Steam reviews suggested it can be quite a hard game also.

Ruruja

Funny thing I noticed about Pixel Puzzles: Japan. The more enlightened a monk gets, the older he is, noticeably so too (><)
Also it is definitely not a game for blind people, in later levels pieces are so small I can barely see them, let alone what's on them. Still nice pics, some are bloody hard to uncover.

The click detection in the game when trying pick up a jigsaw piece is absolute bullshit and ruins the game for me. Which is a shame as I like jigsaws and hoped to enjoy the game.

Fantastapotamus

So er, Thief Gold. 6 people on my friends list own it, none of them have booted it up. Think I'll have to buy this game another time.

I would buy it from GoG though. Also look for mods, there are some pretty good ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yIJ0MRS5BcU

If you never played a Thief game before, I would recommand you Thief II first. It's a better game and I feel like it has aged a bit better. Than the first one. Thief III also isn't that bad, even though it has the "Invisible War" reputation.

JaseC

Indeed. This is not a minor thing.

Obligatory:

1FsXPE1.png

More recent titles actually update within the client, to be fair, but it is endlessly amusing that it took several years for Ubi to get to this point.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw uplay doesn't update games until you launch them

so like it literally doesn't download the patch until you tell it to by means of trying to play the game and get disappointed

oh ubi...

Arthea

The click detection in the game when trying pick up a jigsaw piece is absolute bullshit and ruins the game for me. Which is a shame as I like jigsaws and hoped to enjoy the game.

ya, it is bad, even more so in later levels where pieces are so small.

edited: I actually haven't played jigsaw for ages (physical or a game), so I wasn't annoyed by it as much as I should (><)

Miguel81

btw uplay doesn't update games until you launch them

so like it literally doesn't download the patch until you tell it to by means of trying to play the game and get disappointed

oh ubi...

Uplay is so backwards it won't even let you copy n' paste keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom