• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteal

In-Home Streaming
Added support for AMD VCE hardware encoding of D3D games. This is supported with the latest AMD drivers on the following video cards: Radeon HD 79xx, Radeon HD 78xx, Radeon HD 77xx, R9 295x, R9 290x/290, R9 280x/280, R9 270x/270, R7 265, R7 260x/260, R7 250x. To enable it, go to the remote computer and enable hardware encoding in the advanced host options.
Added support for NVIDIA ShadowPlay, which enables hardware accelerated OpenGL capture. To enable it, go to the remote computer, enable ShadowPlay in the GeForce Experience and go to Steam and enable hardware encoding in the advanced host options.
Added support for streaming from Linux hosts
This is great news, thanks for the update!

I already had the sadness part!

Let my birthday glomp turn that frown upside-down!
Mikoto+x+Kuroko+02.gif

Shadownet

Banned
That awkward moment when Phoenix and I gave Marco the same birthday gift at the exact same time. >___<

The same thing happened on my birthday when I got 2 copies of Sanic Racing at the same time lol

Enco

I'll stay away from spoilers then.

I'm a bit confused about the end of Part 2 and Start of 3 though.

Why am I playing as Hakon in 3 and not the same guy as in 2?
I chose to sneak in through the pipes and a guard told me something about fighting with me. I just clicked yes but I'm not sure what happened. What's the story there?

Nzyme32

The new Steam Music UI can be quite entertaining, particularly with Richard D James! Shame the highlighting seems to be a bit wonky

qhC2QxB.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monster Loves You #1 -- MB-74EF5C34F22F3D89 - Taken by Mono. 12 entrants total.
Monster Loves You #2 -- MB-F62088675C5729A3 - Taken by fernandes. 9 entrants total.

t1409782784z1.png

Ryne

I'll stay away from spoilers then.

I'm a bit confused about the end of Part 2 and Start of 3 though.

Why am I playing as Hakon in 3 and not the same guy as in 2?
I chose to sneak in through the pipes and a guard told me something about fighting with me. I just clicked yes but I'm not sure what happened. What's the story there?

Just a story-perspective switch. You didn't do anything wrong

Nabs

ok lethal league looks pretty good

It's really amazing. SteamGAF is busy buying useless bundles when they should be buying cheap 4-packs of this. I'm going to go record some video and I'll post that shit later.

ibvzwl8rQ7vC2c.png

I can't stop, won't stop.

Shadownet

Banned
Soo... I helped someone and got them a copy of Witcher 3. I should have written down their name. I forgot who it was. But yeah if you have already paypal me the money for a copy of Witcher 3 and is waiting for a copy. Message me on Steam.

I got your copy right here. Sorry. I'll try to be more organize next time. Last name is Nolan according to my paypal.

Soo... I helped someone and got them a copy of Witcher 3. I should have written down their name. I forgot who it was. But yeah if you have already paypal me the money for a copy of Witcher 3 and is waiting for a copy. Message me on Steam.

I got your copy right here. Sorry. I'll try to be more organize next time. Last name is Nolan according to my paypal.

Can verify, was that guy. Game's in my library now.

Started playing Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and man, this game is a real step up from the Vita version, for one thing it's not being played at <20 FPS like on the vita.

Although there are some things that are kinda strange, eagle vision doesn't turn off when you sprint, not that i'm complaining, it makes eagle vision way more useful, but it's just odd that it's the only game I can think of where it happens.

Neat!

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435112065#announcements/detail/162449541206998128

You know all those Steam soundtracks you've been collecting alongside your games? Now they're automatically added to your Steam Music library when the associated base game is installed.

This update also includes a richer desktop detail view of your albums and artists, plus a persistent queue across Steam client sessions.

Give the new features a spin in the latest Steam Beta update, then head over to the discussions and let us know what soundtracks you're listening to. We have the Transistor Soundtrack set on repeat these days. Did you know It includes an extended set of *hummed* versions of each of the tracks? Well, it does!

mik7697

Neo Member
Always thought that he didn't take any offense to the jokes about him claiming games or this "nice... btw" meme but after checking his post history it seems that he got annoyed by it.

Well, as someone who was been bullied and annoyed by people from this thread I won't partake in jokes about him anymore, if it is bothering him

thx now i just connected and i read your comments I have to say that sometimes i try to partecipate some givaways but it's only for entertainment not for joking or trolling and i always thx the others for that =) I hope all of the guys in the forum can say the same about me as you and woody =)

dot

It's really amazing. SteamGAF is busy buying useless bundles when they should be buying cheap 4-packs of this. I'm going to go record some video and I'll post that shit later.

ibvzwl8rQ7vC2c.png

I can't stop, won't stop.

what cheap 4 packs

the thing is like 40 bucks!

trading Saints Row 4 non-gotc for cheap lethal league 4 pack hmu

mik7697

Neo Member
guys any opinion on the vanishing of ethan carther ? I'm still trying to realize what type of game it is; it seems a lot like murdered with unreal engine 4 *.*

Hmm, I'm having this issue with Steam music, and I'm not sure what's causing it.

For some reason, the track "New York City" isn't being grouped together properly, despite them being in the same folder and such. On iTunes and MediaMonkey, they're recognizing the album as whole, but Steam has them separate for some reason.

Anyone got any ideas?

Leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for FiveElementNinja:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-C933C4677C9B6724 - Taken by KenOD
Velvet Assassin -- MB-E0D0734DC135F1CD - Taken by Patison
Runespell: Overture -- MB-1727A2F11637B577 - Taken by deadflower81
Orbital Gear -- MB-2DED63D8F45E7846 - Taken by FauX
Victim of Xen -- MB-7CF41A6EE8A075E9 - Taken by Lomax
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan -- MB-50392ECFD1586BEF - Taken by Catshade
Legendary -- MB-9CDBBDB5BA09DD55 - Taken by prudislav
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-7E823FE4663E7F4A - Taken by Troubled Bat
Jet Gunner -- MB-7FAAAE707B9C4904 - Taken by S1n1st3r
8BitBoy -- MB-E0812622A8B79A78 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Gravity Badgers -- MB-422ACC7203CB63F0
Oil Rush -- MB-2AB1EEADFC322A61 - Taken by lukiluk