• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

I just watched reruns of Rick and Morty S1 and S2. There are still 2 hours to go on my TPP download.

Now what do I do?

Someone develop a game to fight insomnia.
Ugh.

Dragon Age 2 already exists though.

giphy.gif

Gone Home

giphy.gif

Correct answer:

header.jpg

Ludens

Banned
So I'm the the house of my neighborhood, we played first chapter of MGSV.
You know I was waiting for this literally from YEARS and...nothing. Dunno.
I'll take Witcher 3 as comparison, because it was one of my most anticipated games this year with, of course, MGSV.
We played through the Prologue and nothing. I felt nothing at all. Yeah, the direction is GREAT, one of the best I saw, but dunno, I feel like something is missing, can't explain it.

Also I think the game on PS4 has been really downgraded compared to The Phantom Pain reveal video. I mean, is totally well looking, but I think the game suffers from being developed on old gen console too.

Ozium

So I'm the the house of my neighborhood, we played first chapter of MGSV.
You know I was waiting for this literally from YEARS and...nothing. Dunno.
I'll take Witcher 3 as comparison, because it was one of my most anticipated games this year with, of course, MGSV.
We played through the Prologue and nothing. I felt nothing at all. Yeah, the direction is GREAT, one of the best I saw, but dunno, I feel like something is missing, can't explain it.

the prologue is shit

it's boring, long, tedious and just meh... it looks cool, but there is no gameplay.. mgs4 fans probably love it. once you are in mission 1 and can actully do shit it gets good..

the prologue is basically The Phantom Pain launch trailer but the trailer is more exciting.

Dr Dogg

Guys, guys, guys the most important thin you should be asking is 'Does the mouse cursor auto hide in MGS% now?'. Then again as a 1 in 10 freak of nature I have custom mouse cursors set under Windows anyway including a transparent one.

Arthea

Only counts Steam. Combined with GOG it did over 1m on PC. 6m overall.

oh ya, gog
so after all those gog sales aren't that insignificant as many gaffers seem to believe.

Guys, guys, guys the most important thin you should be asking is 'Does the mouse cursor auto hide in MGS% now?'. Then again as a 1 in 10 freak of nature I have custom mouse cursors set under Windows anyway including a transparent one.
oh, so you are one of those
good to know

Ozium

yes it does it hasn't even popped up once while I was playing.. whereas in GZ it would pop up all the time.

Knurek

oh ya, gog
so after all those gog sales aren't that insignificant as many gaffers seem to believe.

For anything other than Witcher 3?
Yea, they are insignificant.
Remember, the only way to have a Steam version of W3 is to buy it on Steam.
All those NVIDIA codes? GOG
All other resellers? GOG
CD Project's own Polish store (which has the game for ~$20)? GOG
It really shows the strength of Steam if it could match GOG.com sales for the game, given the slant.

Arthea

For anything other than Witcher 3?
Yea, they are insignificant.
Remember, the only way to have a Steam version of W3 is to buy it on Steam.
All those NVIDIA codes? GOG
All other resellers? GOG
CD Project's own Polish store (which has the game for ~$20)? GOG
It really shows the strength of Steam if it could match GOG.com sales for the game, given the slant.

but how can you be so sure? we never had any gog sales numbers, as far as I can remember, simply nobody knows, even if the Witcher sold better than usually games sell on gog, we still don't know what usual is.

what humble bundle do you blokes predict?

you still need to ask?
Capcpom, of course

the prologue is shit

it's boring, long, tedious and just meh... it looks cool, but there is no gameplay.. mgs4 fans probably love it. once you are in mission 1 and can actully do shit it gets good..

the prologue is basically The Phantom Pain launch trailer but the trailer is more exciting.
Well said.

No mouse-driven menus in MGSV: TPP is my only problem with the game so far.
What about the AA option?

Knurek

but how can you be so sure? we never had any gog sales numbers, as far as I can remember, simply nobody knows, even if the Witcher sold better than usually games sell on gog, we still don't know what usual is.

Well, we have some of developers sale numbers and they don't show much difference from SteamSpy numbers.
If said games are also sold on GOG, you know what this means, right?

Yes I'm one of 'those people'. Whilst your mouse cursor probably looks like this by default.
fzyGO8i.png

Mine looks like this.
K5ykuGB.png

Shocking I know!

I use to do that but since we are prevented from changing our mouse cursor at work, I slowly went to the default at home as well.

MUnited83

For you.
oh ya, gog
Actual GOG sales? Yes they are. The numbers are big on GOG because every copy that wasn't Steam activated on GOG. Retail, every site that sold it, every single Nvidia coupon. Hell, if it proves anything, is how well things sell on Steam. Contrary to the GOG version, every single copy of the game on Steam was actually bought directly from Steam.

Arthea

Well, we have some of developers sale numbers and they don't show much difference from SteamSpy numbers.
If said games are also sold on GOG, you know what this means, right?

OK, I'll bite, any examples?

Actual GOG sales? Yes they are. The numbers are big on GOG because every copy that wasn't Steam activated on GOG. Retail, every site that sold it, every single Nvidia coupon. Hell, if it proves anything, is how well things sell on Steam. Contrary to the GOG version, every single copy of the game on Steam was actually bought directly from Steam.

yet again you don't know that, you can't, nobody knows, you can suspect or it is your opinion, but you still don't really know a thing like the rest of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom