• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I beat Eternal Senia today. It was really good, especially for a free game. It's definitely better than some games I've actually paid for.

Combat works sort of like Ys I&II's bump system, but slower and with no way to avoid damage from bumping into enemies. Magic attacks let you avoid the hit back though, and these can be made stronger by leveling them up. Boss fights are where the battle system shines, although the final boss can be cheap. You can craft weapons and armor from the items dropped by enemies (though the drops are specific to the area you're in). Enemies also drop things used for stat upgrades, but you can only use those upgrades four times. The progression through the levels is linear, although there are some puzzles to shake things up a bit. It's paired off with a catchy soundtrack and sometimes some nice scenery, so I didn't mind that much.

The story is the best thing about it. You play as a girl searching for her sister, who disappeared three days ago in the mysterious Tower of Eternity. You know nothing but this at first, but the circumstances around you and your sister slowly become clearer as you go along. There are three possible endings, but I feel like the third is the canon one. It's a shame that the translation is so stilted. I don't hold it against the developer though, it looks like he did absolutely everything himself, even the translation.

In all, you should play it because 1) it's good 2) it's free.

I believe achievements were broken again in the latest patch. This might be them fixing it.

Also if you play Dota, the International immortals became tradable today so you can sell them off if you want to. Made a good bit of change from them already.

edit - or this :p

It just that Steam Api was down when SteamDB checked achievements. You can see it happening to other games too.

wrong

he said game

You can lose

EFBF4E3D8BDB869FDF7FD43B9B4D8907909DCE72

After idling forever ago and stacking up a ton of cards, I've started the arduous task of listing them on the Marketplace.

I'm already at $6.91 and I have a lot more cards to go. I've set a (most likely unrealistic) goal is to get enough for the Steam Link + Controller, so that when I don't make it, I can make the call of whether I actually want the pair and let the Gaben cash some of the impact or if I just want to buy more games.

I've got a silenced M4A1 and USP that, together, go for over $10, so that might be my last push towards my total at the end. Random Dota items, too, I guess, though I sold most of my more expensive ones a while back.

After idling forever ago and stacking up a ton of cards, I've started the arduous task of listing them on the Marketplace.

I'm already at $6.91 and I have a lot more cards to go. I've set a (most likely unrealistic) goal is to get enough for the Steam Link + Controller, so that when I don't make it, I can make the call of whether I actually want the pair and let the Gaben cash some of the impact or if I just want to buy more games.

I've got a silenced M4A1 and USP that, together, go for over $10, so that might be my last push towards my total at the end. Random Dota items, too, I guess, though I sold most of my more expensive ones a while back.

Use Enhanced Steam, it has one click selling. Way faster and far less annoying.

Dsyndrome

Will I get banned for my PSA: DS4+Win10 situation thread?

Not sure if this is what you're making a thread about, but Win10 Update 10532 fixes the exclusivity problem apparently. Not sure if it's released to non-insiders, have to check when I get home.

this nvidia metal gear guide starts like this

Late last year PC gamers were treated to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, the first Metal Gear game on PC since 2003's Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.

motherfuckers did you forget about Metal Gear Rising or do you just want me to not take your guide seriously

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Oh "they" know!

Not every computer runs windows or is connected to the internet, just curious how "they" come up with the 1.5 Billion number and what they count as "PC" :p

They ask every single person in the world how many PC's they use.

(Not snarky enough, I'll try again!)

I'll take "How do statistics work" for a hundred!

meh, I want specifics how this statistic works in this case :)

Huh a login bonus eh? We mobile gaming now!

I see MB Coins on there, does this mean eventually you can buy more FOBs? Point amounts are shit though, would take quite a while.

I'm guessing they're using the mobile method : You can eventually earn enough to do things, or you can just buy to get them now.

Either way : Lame.

Use Enhanced Steam, it has one click selling. Way faster and far less annoying.

I feel pretty stupid. Enhanced Steam is sitting over there on my browser and here I am clicking 15 times in the Steam client like a fucking caveman.

I should probably download the new idler, while I'm at it, and add to the stack of cards with some of the games I've bought since I last idled.

Not every computer runs windows or is connected to the internet, just curious how "they" come up with the 1.5 Billion number and what they count as "PC" :p

meh, I want specifics how this statistic works in this case :)

They probably just calculate how many unique computers are pinging windows update in a month.

fertygo

I just putting my card without knowing enhanced steam, too but oh yeah my web browser still not allowed to touch market anyway

Knurek

The intro to
MGS 5 runs surprisingly well on my hardware.

Not going to play till i7 get, because sure as hell the open world segments will be CPU bound, but I'm glad it looks like a solid port.

Grief.exe

The intro to
MGS 5 runs surprisingly well on my hardware.

Not going to play till i7 get, because sure as hell the open world segments will be CPU bound, but I'm glad it looks like a solid port.

Watching Afterburner CPU usage, the game seems to favor one core.

I get around 30% on core 1, then around 15% on the other 3 cores. I'll pay more attention when I play today.

Dr Dogg

I see MB Coins on there, does this mean eventually you can buy more FOBs? Point amounts are shit though, would take quite a while.

I'm guessing they're using the mobile method : You can eventually earn enough to do things, or you can just buy to get them now.

Either way : Lame.

Have Konami even bothered to explain how you even buy your first one yet? Imagine having to login to acquire enough to get one FOB. Looking at that in a week if the schedule stays the same you can amass 80 MB Coins in a week and if the Gamescom prices are still correct that would take 21 consecutive weeks to buy the cheapest FOB at that rate. Login in bonuses work fine in f2p mobile games because I always have my phone on me and it's a quick minute or 2 to get that shit sorted before carrying on with more important tasks than getting fake currency for something you really couldn't care about. It's just crackers how this has been shoehorned into this title as regardless what you think of microtransactions no one has even bothered to apply a bit of common sense here and say 'Hey is this really the best way to nickel and dime these suckers?' because I can think of plenty of better ways to implement their ideas. What a sorry state of affairs.

Knurek

Watching Afterburner CPU usage, the game seems to favor one core.

I get around 30% on core 1, then around 15% on the other 3 cores.

It will still murder my i3-3250.
I also don't like the temps on my GPU under any load. The ambient temps here are crazy, true (~35-40C), but still, ~77C is way above my comfort zone, so other than the CPU, I need to invest in a proper case (with some damn airflow).
Till then I try to stick with pastgen games, which have usually ~30% GPU and ~25% CPU usage.

just got home. lets do dis!
7jEoxKT.png

how's the pc port for those who are already playing?

You'll find out when it finishes downloading.

Oh man, that Wesker mode in RE0 is fantastic:

Edit: Too late lol.

At least there might be something to sell people on the game now, since the original is quite possible the weakest of all mainline RE games. Not quite sure how I feel about RE5 Wesker showing up that early in the story line. Also, his voice when talking to the scientist in the opening sounded very off.

Wesker mode makes me wish they'd added extra modes like that to REmake. But Zero isn't as good a game on its own so maybe they decided it needed more buyer incentive.

Exactly.

Pics like these makes me so want it but then I remember Mordor.

I wouldn't call Mordor GOTY or GOAT or anything like that, but it was a solid 7/10 at the very least.

you people and your new games

Says someone who has posted his fair share about The Witcher 3 in these threads.

Gone Home

Are you sure you meant Dear Esther?

Humble crazy crazy bundles galore!!!

Is there a new one? The TellTale one was awesome, but the Devolver one was a bust for me since I own (almost, now that the bird flu was removed from my account) 99% of it.

I'd like a TinyBuild bundle so I could get my hands on Party Hard for cheap since it's not on GMG or Nuuvem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom