• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Guys, guys, guys the most important thin you should be asking is 'Does the mouse cursor auto hide in MGS% now?'. Then again as a 1 in 10 freak of nature I have custom mouse cursors set under Windows anyway including a transparent one.

Actually not seen the mouse cursor at all yet, so I think it is fixed - yep just double check it. You have to click the mouse to get it to work if you used a game pad for the last input, but it works, no cursors!

Also, so glad it runs better than GZ, to my surprise. The old laptop still has some life!

KarmaCow

I'm kinda confused about moving games across folders. I started downloading MGSV on my HDD but I would like to move it to my SSD. Up to now I've been doing this manually with symbolic links but I noticed that Steam now supports multiple game folders.

I tried moving the game folder and the .acf file, told Steam to "delete" the content in the old location, then restarted the download but this time selecting the new steam game folder. The problem is that it starts out fine, the dialog says it's discovering existing files but once that process is done, it delete the files and just starts downloading the entire game again. Luckily I made a backup of the download but I can't get Steam to recognize the game is already there. Am I supposed to get Steam to move the game?

my question is, if I use steam mover to move a game off my ssd to my regular hdd but then a major update comes out (like a witcher 3 patch for example), does steam know to update the files on the HDD or does it dump the update stuff on the SSD?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
my question is, if I use steam mover to move a game off my ssd to my regular hdd but then a major update comes out (like a witcher 3 patch for example), does steam know to update the files on the HDD or does it dump the update stuff on the SSD?

It'll update just fine. SteamMover uses junction points/symbolic links to move the data, which essentially act as redirects, so as far as Steam is concerned, the location of the data hasn't changed.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Yes, Steam "knows" that cause Steam mover sets a symbolic link that connects the old path with the new one

edit: what JaseC said :p

fertygo

Why idle master won't save my password

its quite incovenient because my pass isn't your standard lalakers24 shit

It'll update just fine. SteamMover uses junction points/symbolic links to move the data, which essentially act as redirects, so as far as Steam is concerned, the location of the data hasn't changed.

Yes, Steam "knows" that cause Steam mover sets a symbolic link that connects the old path with the new one

edit: what JaseC said :p
cool, i was always wondering since I have a 128 gig ssd solely for a game or two and windows so every megabyte counts. thanks!

Pachimari

Actually not seen the mouse cursor at all yet, so I think it is fixed - yep just double check it. You have to click the mouse to get it to work if you used a game pad for the last input, but it works, no cursors!
Does this mean, that we can use the Steam controller's left touchpad as a real analog stick and the right pad as a mouse cursor?

Nzyme32

Does this mean, that we can use the Steam controller's left touchpad as a real analog stick and the right pad as a mouse cursor?

It won't accept both at the same time, but I wouldn't be sure that means the Steam Controller won't work. It depends on what the game is doing internally and how valves controller adjusts to allow both input styles to work together

Nzyme32

Help!

For some reason video playback in the games video cutscene has periods of severe stuttering in both TPP and GZ. When not stuttering playback is fine for several seconds at 60fps, then the stutter knocks it down to may be 5fps for a second, and repeat

Any ideas? The game itself is fine

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
C8Woa1L.jpg

Lumini

Ludens

Banned
All your FOBs belong to Konami.
Except the first one, that's yours.

PC physical version also, stated Konami, will be released as "Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Game".

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I have enough self-control to not do this kind of thing.
Being short on money also helps, lol.
I thought I had too. But last night I was browsing the store and saw the game's page. And... it called to me, like Psycho Mantis getting inside my head and forcing me to buy it. I was weak. I caved in.

Afterwards I proceeded to watch Frozen so I could forget about my stupid waste of money. But as hard as I try, I can't let it go. 'Cause for the second time in forever, I bought a game I cannot run yet. Steam is an open door, and my spending habits are a bit of a fixer upper. If you ask me "Do you want to buy a Steam game?", the answer is always yes. I wish I had a frozen wallet.

It has its own Free on Demand sub. The devs of Ride did the same thing (advertised a video as a pre-purchase incentive but released it separately for free).

Edit: Oh, wait, it has the MustOwnAppToPurchase flag. Trust Konami to go about something in a stupid way.

Edit^2: Ah, Ride's video is set up similarly. At least Konami wasn't the first to do it, unlike that other thing. ;) Valve needs to add a "This content requires ..." notice to video pages.
Oh, that's not confusing at all -.-

KingKong

Steam selling feature movies reminds me of when they started selling non-game software and that seems to have gone nowhere

Nzyme32

wasn't Denuvo caused some problems with batman AK ? i know the port was bad
the the DRM is also helping
i guess they don't want any one to cheat online and get unlimited coins ...bummer :(

The performance of TPP is better than GZ. I massively doubt Denuvo is doing anything to performance of games

Deitus

Steam selling feature movies reminds me of when they started selling non-game software and that seems to have gone nowhere

Ironically, the "You Need a Budget" software seemed to sell pretty well for a while. I don't think anyone who bought it actually used it though.

Ludens

Banned
wasn't Denuvo caused some problems with batman AK ? i know the port was bad
the the DRM is also helping
i guess they don't want any one to cheat online and get unlimited coins ...bummer :(

Honestly no one knows about Arkham Knight, but if I remember well, something was wrote about Lords of the Fallen, with Denuvo sucking something like 5% of total performance, being also the cause of some crashes.

Nzyme32

TPP video playback fixed:

If you accidentally open Media Player for the first time ever it will fuck up your video playback in game

Go to options in media player and disable hardware accelerated playback.

Enjoy 60fps videos without hitches.

Grief.exe

I'm kinda confused about moving games across folders. I started downloading MGSV on my HDD but I would like to move it to my SSD. Up to now I've been doing this manually with symbolic links but I noticed that Steam now supports multiple game folders.

I tried moving the game folder and the .acf file, told Steam to "delete" the content in the old location, then restarted the download but this time selecting the new steam game folder. The problem is that it starts out fine, the dialog says it's discovering existing files but once that process is done, it delete the files and just starts downloading the entire game again. Luckily I made a backup of the download but I can't get Steam to recognize the game is already there. Am I supposed to get Steam to move the game?

I would suggest finishing the download first.

Sch1sm

The Daisy levels in Marvellous Miss Take are pretty great. Really have to pay attention to a lot more than the other two, since the safes she opens after pickpocketing guards sets off an alarm within x circular radius. If the guards are within it, you better be a great hider.

Harry's another one, not so much in the noise department but you really have to pay mind to the timing of cameras and the movement of guards since he can't run at all. I assume, when I get to the second chapter on him, and have to deal with the guards, it'll be a real trip. For now, onto #3 with Sophia.

Tizoc

I have a dream
and it would be the 3DS AA collection releasing on Steam
sJvO1ts.gif

Along with Ghost Trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom