• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I stopped playing cs:go seriously a few months ago so can't really care anymore.
I highly doubt it will fix the problems serious cs:go players have with the game, if they even port it to source 2.

Like all their hitbox issues, sound issues, tick rate and so forth.

Hitbox issues would likely be fixed, since they'd have to re-do the entire hitbox 'skeleton', and the sound issues would no doubt be fixed too, since Source 2 uses a newer, much better audio engine. Not really sure it's realistic for it to happen to CSGO though, but it's possible, unlike TF2 which is entirely out of the question.

Jawmuncher

Didn't Grey Goo have Frank Klepacki's music?

Yeah it did, and it's good but it's a far different tone.
But I was mainly talking gameplay wise in that second sentence.

Issue 5 seconds in

The game no one would give a shit about if it wasn't on PS+

Yeah no. Even the devs thought that until the beta, then they had to get a great offer from Sony to keep it there since they knew it'd take off in both the "I'm making a rocket pun" and "this will sell well" ways :V

You have proof of that? No doubting it's would be popularity but PS+ helped it tons.

redlacs

http://cubicbundle.com/

yet another new bundle site, giving away mostly non-steam games:

8-Bit Commando, Woodle Tree Adventures (steam keys)
Loving Life, Mind Dead, Pedra!, Shots In The Dark, Space Ranger ASK (IndieGameStand)
Rhythm Shooter (Itch.IO)

I wouldn't count on others giving steam keys when greenlit, but who knows.

thanks for the heads up!
Woodle tree adventures - 3WXBC 7AK9A RKYJD

Uzzy

The command and conquer collection even if on origin, is a damn steal at 5 bucks.
Just Do It Up still gets me pumped up to this day for anything, I usually throw it on when folding laundry & cleaning.
Damn I miss westwood RTS, there hasn't been anything to scratch that itch.

Act on Instinct was always my jam.

It's a shame that the RTS genre has fallen by the wayside a little. You still have some companies making them, Relic and Eugen spring instantly to mind, but most of their titles deviate quite a bit from the classic RTS formula. RTS games not working well on consoles, and the MOBA boom, certainly haven't helped matters either.

That said, Act of Aggression, which came out just last week, is pretty solid and firmly in that 'classic RTS' area.

Didn't Grey Goo have Frank Klepacki's music?

It did indeed!

Soulflarz

Banned
You have proof of that? No doubting it's would be popularity but PS+ helped it tons.

Straight from them.

PS+ Instant Game Collection has been an interesting story for us. When the great people at Sony proposed it to us a while back we thought it was a great idea. At the time we didn’t know if the game was going to be successful enough for all the work we put into it and this would be a way to expose it to a larger audience. We always knew that Rocket League would be big if we could get enough people to try it.

Then…the Beta happened. With all the new hype surrounding the game it didn’t seem to make sense to go forward with PS+ IGC. At this point we were pretty set to go forward with a regular release. Then Sony stepped up and told us how much they really wanted the game on IGC. They made us a solid offer and promised to really help promote the title. Coupled with the larger player base and general goodwill it spreads we decided to go for it.

Yeah, the game was popular before PS+. Its sold well on PC too. Basically, yes, PS+ obviously helped popularity, but to say it was why anyone knew the game is silly.

Jawmuncher

Act on Instinct was always my jam.

It's a shame that the RTS genre has fallen by the wayside a little. You still have some companies making them, Relic and Eugen spring instantly to mind, but most of their titles deviate quite a bit from the classic RTS formula. RTS games not working well on consoles, and the MOBA boom, certainly haven't helped matters either.

That said, Act of Aggression, which came out just last week, is pretty solid and firmly in that 'classic RTS' area.

It did indeed!

At this point all I really want is for EA to "HD" all of the Westwood C&C games, like we saw MS do with Age of Empires 2. RTS these days even one's that try to go back to classic roots still feel like they're doing too much.

Straight from them.

Yeah, the game was popular before PS+. Its sold well on PC too. Basically, yes, PS+ obviously helped popularity, but to say it was why anyone knew the game is silly.

Ahh ok that's pretty interesting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gauntlet -- MB-EAE5287E34B4E99B - Taken by someguyinahat. 26 entrants total.

t1441841568z1.png

I think I'm at like 10 games completed this year.
  • Dark Souls 1: One of my fav and most played games of all time. Perfect tone and mechanics. A true modern classic.
  • Dark Souls 2: Technically and mechanically improved in almost all aspects but lacking in atmosphere and bosses (style, def. not count) to its prequel. Still lots of fun for dozens and dozens of hours.
  • Witcher 1: Janky, repetitive but believable and fresh mature themes made it a good RPG.
  • Binary Domain: Glorious TPS with nice story and characters. Biggest surprise of latest years.
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine: Fun and mindless, violent romp. Good stuff.
  • Half-Life 2 + Episodes: A classic. Still enjoyable after all these years but it deserves to be put in its grave.
6 games so far. This is probably the most amount of games I played in a year since the last 10 years. I am not joking.
So where can I get a Steam copy of Witcher 3 expansion for cheap? Trying to get those Gwent cards
Welcome back.
relevant? only missed the date by a few months.
So true, ha.

Grief.exe

Pretty sure it was said that it was just bosses. Why wouldn't they let the press play at least one full level, but a lot of bosses?
http://gamesided.com/2015/09/07/cuphead-preview-youre-a-cup-now-youre-a-mug-now/

?

it is

www.cupheadgame.com

every media shown is players against a boss

and press like GIantbomb had said that the devs confirmed it while talking to them at cons and whatnot

The past few Cuphead threads the devs have clarified that the focus will be on boss battles, but there will be standard platforming levels.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh boy, listing~

a52aac7a980765c602419cd1f09c2d7c.png

To give a bit more insight briefly into my list...

01.) RPG Maker VX Ace - 2,369 hours:
I've made a few games in it, experimented with it, learned it. Honestly, some of that time is me being lazy and leaving it on overnight or leaving it open while I study into some things, though.

02.) Gmod - 250 hours
My friends love playing it too much and I usually end up being the one hosting servers.

03.) Killing Floor - 237 hours
My all-time favorite arena-shooter, though KF2 is shaping up to be even better. Modding scene made me get a lot of use out of it, and the higher player count (6-player normally, can easily mod in more).

04.) Left 4 Dead 2 - 196 hours
So many custom campaigns worth playing~ Also near everyone owns this game, so easy to set-up with friends and play.

05.) Resident Evil 6 - 149 hours
I actually like it! But I've played through the game a couple times on PC all the way through, various smaller parts of the campaign, plus have played Mercenaries quite a bit along with the multiplayer modes, so it adds up.

06.) Terraria - 92 hours
Friends like to play it, so I play sometimes when they ask. Games like Terraria and Minecraft drain me for some reason, though.

07.) Team Fortress 2 - 91 hours
I had an older account that played much more TF2, but got hacked since I was dumb back then. Have played a bit here and there, but not recently.

08.) Borderlands 2 - 66 hours
Played by myself all the way through, played the DLC with others, slowly over time making my way through it with a few friends.

09.) PayDay 2 - 64 hours
Heisting with friends, really. Haven't played it as much as some of my friends though, jeez...

10.) Resident Evil Revelations - 59 hours
I played my blind run on Infernal, so that took some time. But most of it is from Raid Mode, Ghost Ship and that mode can be addicting.

11.) Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 57 hours
Most of this is actually from the campaign, though a fair amount of Raid Mode. Played the campaign twice, quite enjoyed it.

12.) Resident Evil 5 - 48 hours
This was my most played 360 game, on the 360 I have something like 700 hours in RE5. Friends kept asking me to play with them when they got it, I always said yes, so I kind of know this game inside and out at this point. XD; Recently beat it again with Steamworks so I could have the extras unlocked for when friends want to play the DLC with me sometime.

13.) Evil Within - 45 hours
Believe it or not, that's mostly just normal play-time. I've only beaten TEW once, but the playthrough was close to 20 hours since I took my time with a lot of things. I played a bit on Akumu, pass Chapter 6. I got all the map fragments. The rest of the time is from the DLC, which all-together probably took me around 12-15 hours to beat all three pieces of DLC, taking my time of course.

14.) Deadly Premonition - 45 hours
Played and beat on the 360 and PS3 before, Steam version is the first time I did all the side-quests though, so that time is me playing the game and completing all the side-quests.

15.) Alan Wake - 45 hours
I have a strange fondness for this game and go back to play it all the way through every couple years. I've beaten it something like two times all the way through on 360, two times all the way through on PC, and I always take my time and explore in that game.

---

Less time than some, but as I said last night, I jump a lot between games. I play a lot of different games and don't spend usually -too- long in any single game.
Here is my top 20. I'm sure some may cause a WTF reaction.

VZ4b.jpg
All my Steam games with 50+ hours.

sBaWEDK.png
Team Fortress 2
1,649 hrs on record (but many hours were spent idling, playtime is 650 hrs)

Tribes: Ascend
680 hrs on record

Left 4 Dead 2
289 hrs on record

Spiral Knights
126 hrs on record

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
92 hrs on record

Killing Floor
64 hrs on record

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
60 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
57 hrs on record

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
37 hrs on record

Ys Origin
29 hrs on record

I have a lot of things I want to talk about after clearing mission 31 in MGSV TPP, then that trailer shows up for
chapter 2. :/

I'd continue playing, but too tired. Lots of things to do. Also, the crate fulton trick is amazing lol

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's put in 200+ hours into Clicker Heroes ;_;
Unfortunately, you're not alone.
Play proper games :p

Ozium

The GZ port is decent, TPP port is 10x better though.

too bad GZ is the better game

I have a lot of things I want to talk about after clearing mission 31 in MGSV TPP, then that trailer shows up for
chapter 2. :/

I'd continue playing, but too tired. Lots of things to do. Also, the crate fulton trick is amazing lol

if you are expecting chapter 2
to go anywhere and not be a fucking piece of shit with tons of cut content and shitty grinding
then just stop playing now

Turfster

I have no fucking idea what I was doing in GZ, and the game just... doesn't even tempt me to try to find out what it was.

Fuck this.

Jawmuncher

I have no fucking idea what I was doing in GZ, and the game just... doesn't even tempt me to try to find out what it was.

Fuck this.

You are extracting two prisoners. Did you not watch the first cutscene?
Looking at the map you know where one is but not the other.

lol got so fed up, you just went to Theif 2.

Ozium

Fuck this.

go save chico, who had a headphone jack put into his chest

for what reason?
who fucking knows, it is never explained

Turfster

You are extracting two prisoners. Did you not watch the first cutscene?
Looking at the map you know where one is but not the other.

lol got so fed up, you just went to Theif 2.

go save chico, who had a headphone jack put into his chest

for what reason?
who fucking knows, it is never explained

No, I already saved
Chico - and everyone else in the cages
and I'm somewhere halfway through the map
after following that stupid tape idk
, but the game is all
"here let me tag these AA batteries for you and nothing else"
and I just can't be arsed to figure out what the hell I was doing the last time I played.

cyba89

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's put in 200+ hours into Clicker Heroes ;_;

I put a huge amount of time in Cookie Clicker some time ago. Managed to get off that game and now I never want to touch a clicker game again.

I suffered a short relapse with Tap Titans.

I hope the stream/giveaway of secret ponchos brings population to the game. It's a nice game but the way they managed the early access (ignoring it for a year since the PS version had the priority) killed the population.

Ozium

Kojima can go to hell.
"the missing link of metal gear saga" lol nope, "dealing with taboos" lol nope. "we get to see big boss turn into a villain" LOL NOPE... fucker can't even finish a fucking game he spent 7 years on, shit has to be cut and rushed because he's shit...

I'm glad Konami fired him, I would have fired him too.

I hope he doesn't work in this industry again.

He's the Japanese Peter Molyneux

Jawmuncher

Kojima can go to hell.
"the missing link of metal gear saga" lol nope, "dealing with taboos" lol nope. "we get to see big boss turn into a villain" LOL NOPE... fucker can't even finish a fucking game he spent 7 years on, shit has to be cut and rushed because he's shit...

He's the Japanese Peter Molyneux

Blind, in the deepest night
Reaching out, grasping for a fleeting memory
All the thoughts, keep piercing this broken mind

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kojima can go to hell.
"the missing link of metal gear saga" lol nope, "dealing with taboos" lol nope. fucker can't even finish a fucking game he spent 7 years on, shit has to be cut and rushed because he's shit...

He can do pachinko I suppose.

kris.

Banned
I put a huge amount of time in Cookie Clicker some time ago. Managed to get off that game and now I never want to touch a clicker game again.

I suffered a short relapse with Tap Titans.

These games all piss me off. I get hooked on them way too easily. I sank so much time into Adventure Capitalist for literally no reason other than I wanted to make the number higher.

I'm googling Tap Titans asap god whyyy

Tenrius

My TV's LED lamp kicked the bucket. Well, I've been on a PC gaming kick anyway, but this really sucks. No more Simpsons on the big screen or Smash for the time being.

Just finished Mission 6 in MGSV (yeah...I'm still that early in the game)...I am so godawful at stealth...lol

That mission took waaaaaaaaaaaay longer than it should have because I had no idea how to get to where I had to go. I finally had to look up a video to see and kicked myself because I was in the right place and just didn't realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom