• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I put a huge amount of time in Cookie Clicker some time ago. Managed to get off that game and now I never want to touch a clicker game again.

I suffered a short relapse with Tap Titans.
Have you tried Time Clickers? Last night I had it running for over 3 hours, instead of playing Saints Row 4 or Guild Wars 2. That game isn't crack, it is crack's crack.

Jawmuncher

lashman if you posted this SORRY

http://redeemgwent.com/

Gamers who already bought the Expansion Pass digitally can get the limited Gwent set separately! For more details please go to redeemgwent.com. Valid while supplies last.

Dear Gamers,

We’re soon releasing Hearts of Stone, the first expansion to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We know many of you like Gwent, the card game embedded within Wild Hunt, so we decided to go the extra mile and create a special boxed version of the expansion and include two physical decks of Gwent everyone can play at home.

While we think it’s a really cool opportunity to grab a collectible item, we also keep in mind that many of you have purchased the Expansion Pass that already grants you access to Hearts of Stone. So, if you bought the Expansion Pass and are interested in obtaining these two decks of cards, we’ve got you covered!

Using this website, you can generate a special code that will enable you to buy the Monsters and Scoia’tael deck set from http://www.witcherstore.com.

Before you proceed, here’s what you need to know in a nutshell:

The offer applies to gamers who bought the Expansion Pass in digital format (PC: GOG.com, Steam, Origin, Uplay; Xbox One and PlayStation 4).
The code you receive from this website enables you to purchase the two decks of Gwent from http://www.witcherstore.com. Standard shipping fees apply.
Please keep in mind that the number of Gwent decks is limited and we will process the orders in the “first come, first served” model. One code per email allowed.
To receive the code, you need to fill out the form below and upload your proof of purchase -- this might be a photo of the Expansion Pass in your library, or a copy of your digital receipt that was generated for you after you made your purchase. Try to keep the pictures legible and mind the attachment size (they shouldn’t be too big).

11220799_10153269585179331_4337034675690829129_n.png

zkylon

zkylewd
it's just a really fun minigame like triple triad or that kotor thing

it's simple but it's got just enough depth to it

it's really good and is thankfully there to break the witcha3 pace of cutscene watching and monster slaying

rtcn63

If you guys are getting into spoiler territory, please use tags.

Anyways, I've been doing side missions as they become available, but it's taking its toll.
Going back to the same places again and again, sometimes with long horse treks to get to and from landing zones.

Also certain story missions recommend missiles- what missiles? Is it a helicopter thing?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If you guys are getting into spoiler territory, please use tags.

Anyways, I've been doing side missions as they become available, but it's taking its toll.
Going back to the same places again and again, sometimes with long horse treks to get to and from landing zones.

Also certain story missions recommend missiles- what missiles? Is it a helicopter thing?

Helicopters or tanks. You can still do them non-lethally with EMP equipment, or take them out with mines and C4, but having a rocket launcher is always a good idea if you want to go full moidah on those missions.

Ozium

This is explained in MGSV.

where?

skull face didn't encounter the vocal cord parasite until after the events of ground zeroes, according to code talker, also in TPP there were speakers placed into an incision near the patients' vocal cord, not a headphone jack in their chest

It's almost as if Ground Zeroes was made to be tie into the Phantom Pain

or something.

it's almost as if you haven't played The Phantom Pain

or something.

Ah, there is an Alienware stream going on?
Can't bring myself to idle it when I know I am not gonna watch and participate.

Waiting for raffles here then it is.

rtcn63

Planting c4 on the road is also a really good way to take care of moving vehicles.

If its a heli you definitely need an rpg of some sort.

I remember in the mission with the three generals, I went and stood in front of their vehicles, then just Six Billion Dollar Man'd everyone. Although I'm guessing that won't work with tanks etc. or if there's other soldiers around.

Khronico

I remember in the mission with the three generals, I went and stood in front of their vehicles, then just Six Billion Dollar Man'd everyone. Although I'm guessing that won't work with tanks etc. or if there's other soldiers around.

I don't even know if you can get dudes out of tanks/apcs, I end up just fultoning every one.

Maniac

Banned
too bad GZ is the better game

if you are expecting chapter 2
to go anywhere and not be a fucking piece of shit with tons of cut content and shitty grinding
then just stop playing now

It's a right fucking shame. Love how a LOT of stuff that was advertised and used for marketing mere weeks before release had been cut months prior.

Fucking Konami... Can't say Kojima is any better, really. He himself advertised and mentioned a lot of stuff that'd been cut, which he couldn't in any way be oblivious to.

He's right in a lot of ways though. The tranq gun having a low-use silencer in TPP is fucking dumb. Camp Omega was much better designed than just about anything in TPP, whereas TPP is just a mediocre openworld (at it's best, mind you. It's awful at it's worst)

And ofcourse, there's the loose story-threads, the nonsense hand-waving and terrible retcons, the fact that motherbase was obviously designed to be much more interactive than it is, the fact that it's designed as a stealth game and yet doesn't actually reward stealth...

... So on and so forth. Design-wise it's a bloody clusterfuck, and a game that really could've used another year or so in the cooker to really reach just... Half it's potential.

Must not click MGS spoilers....

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's put in 200+ hours into Clicker Heroes ;_;

230 and counting

I have no fucking idea what I was doing in GZ, and the game just... doesn't even tempt me to try to find out what it was.

Fuck this.

Uh.....Thought it was explained in the intro

It's almost as if Ground Zeroes was made to be tie into the Phantom Pain

or something.

Would you say GZ is....a prologue?

Dsyndrome

Not counting collections, sports games, or games I've beaten before, I'm sitting at 19 games completed. Least time is Port of Call at a half hour for 100%, and most is either Dragon Age: Inq. or Bloodborne with over 100 hours in both.

I don't really think 52 games is in the cards for me this year, maybe if I start powering the the P&C's in my library, but then I miss out on W3, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Fallout 4, and other RPGs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not counting collections, sports games, or games I've beaten before, I'm sitting at 19 games completed. Least time is Port of Call at a half hour for 100%, and most is either Dragon Age: Inq. or Bloodborne with over 100 hours in both.

I don't really think 52 games is in the cards for me this year, maybe if I start powering the the P&C's in my library, but then I miss out on W3, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Fallout 4, and other RPGs.

It's way more important to enjoy what you're playing than to worry about setting arbitrary goals for yourself.

Most of us initially undertook the challenge as a way to get motivated to actually play our massive library of games. Since you've got games with over 100 hours in them this year, you obviously don't need motivation to play games. Don't sweat it - game your way.

Turfster

Uh.....Thought it was explained in the intro
It's been like, 2 months since I played.
And I don't just mean a general "oh great and powerful writer, whyfor are we here?", just a "wtf am I doing again? Why are you tagging these things that have NOTHING TO DO with what I remember?"

Asgaro

WARNING -- Long post! -- WARNING

Lame, but not surprised, seems to be par the course in the gaming industry.

The internet told you to because it's a fantastic game, especially if you like point and click games.
Also, I care about Dino Crisis! Can't wait for Capcpom to get its head out of its ass and do a DC3.

Thanks!
Probably because I'm not doing them that frequently anymore :(
And no, I don't even like his music :lol

This reminded me that I had several items in the cart in HB, also that I should finally check and enter all the remaining loose keys that I have before buying anything in case I already have it :p

I'm guessing his program doesn't discriminate.

Well played XD

That's so hilariously bad, and I love SR3rd.

They were pretty cheap two years ago, about 60 cents each but it was a price mistake. I doubt they'll go officially lower than a dollar.

lol
In a way I agree, especially if it's the first time you play one of them. If you did play them back then it's not *that* bad >_>

Ah yes, this one, but it was price mistake rather than an intended sale. It lasted a couple of hours even!

That is so hilariously sad, ubilolz indeed.

Bollocks, save for the shitfest that was AoD, all the old ones are better that Dude Raider clone.
GoL is god-tier though.

It lasted longer than that, because I got them over an hour after the sale started XD

In really scummy way, this is actually brilliant because most people won't realize it.

Legends was good, Anniversary was excellent, Underworld was eh.
TR2013 is trash.

It's definitely in the top tier of the franchise.

getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif getout.gif
:mad:

I got the game via PS+ and played about an hour of it, and really liked it. Sadly the framerate and IQ is such garbage that couldn't bring myself to continue playing it, so I'm really looking forward to the PC port.

Game can no longer be bought by filthy non-Brazilians it seems. Same happens to all WB games except Mad Max for some reason.

I played a bit on PS4 (where it has the *worst* save file in existence), the gameplay is simple but controls nicely and is varied thanks to the weapons, plus it does have quite a bit to explore, but mind that as nice as it is, its art and color palette did strain my eyes after a bit. If you are into Metroidvanias and want a (seemingly) shorter one, that price is, to me, fair.

*Technically*, MTF games are actually done on PC and then ported to consoles :p
I'm guessing it'll be inhouse or QLOC

Hey now, I do not want that game to run even worse than the terrible PS3 version.

As with anything in life, building is hard, and destroying is very easy.

Disney has been paying more attention to PC lately, so there is hope!

XS5LK.gif

It's a Sega game on nuuvem, so it's locked.

A fun ARPG done by Capcpom that ran so bad on PS3 it was almost unplayable. We are on about it because a PC port would fix the latter :D

Nah, the Anniversary release is the second port. The first one was bugged to hell and back though.

What a weird way to spell November.

Agreed on everything else, even the Queen reference :3

Best tags are the ones you have no idea the what, why or who.
D:

Inferior Dredd :(
Pouty Eomer > Alternate Terminator.

It had a ton of bugs and weird issues, I remember the volume being out of whack compared to the DC version.

Yes, yes it will!

I assumed the moment that Sega bought them, that at least some of their games would be coming.
Still waiting :(

#dead

Damn, and I thought the only way people actually liked that song was sarcastically XD

60+fps!
MTFramework doing god's work.

That sounds like a rejected Sonic song.

+1

Maniac

Banned
Helicopters or tanks. You can still do them non-lethally with EMP equipment, or take them out with mines and C4, but having a rocket launcher is always a good idea if you want to go full moidah on those missions.

Or just sneak up and fulton their asses like I do.

I've never blown up a tank at all, and I've fultoned like a dozen and 30~ armoured vehicles
Kojima can go to hell.
"the missing link of metal gear saga" lol nope, "dealing with taboos" lol nope. "we get to see big boss turn into a villain" LOL NOPE... fucker can't even finish a fucking game he spent 7 years on, shit has to be cut and rushed because he's shit...

I'm glad Konami fired him, I would have fired him too.

I hope he doesn't work in this industry again.

He's the Japanese Peter Molyneux

That's... Actually fucking true, he really is the japanese Molyneux.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I had great fun with Secret Ponchos and plan to play a lot more of it. Getting a copy to give away while it's on Early Access is a great deal as well... though I wish I had known about that before I bought a second copy for SteamGifts.

Anyroad, I do recommend it for anyone who likes arena combat. It's not a MOBA, no lanes or complicated item management, just a fun fighting game with it's fair share of depth to it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I just tried to play mass effect 1(bought it years ago on a sale).... and... well.. I'm not doing that again

CPU usage jumped to 100% and made the cpu at a temperature of 70*c (according to RivaTuner OSD)
Low quality textures too

Found a fix for the textures just not cpu usage

Dsyndrome

For anyone that doesn't have this yet.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-F653E7E159123DA8 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 29 entrants total.

t1441859749z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom