• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

My completion rate's in the shitter. School and work take too much time, and spending > 100 hours in Dragon Age over the course of months certainly didn't help. Will have to look up where I'm at when I get home later.

I put continuing Witcher 3 on the backburner so I could get into some Metal Gear goodness for a change of palette, and then the release date for the Shovel Knight update (nearly a remake) pops up with less than 10 days to wait, while I haven't even dipped into the Devolver bundle I recently bought that contained two games I was actively anticipating.

Modern gaming is such bullshit.

Knurek

That would be impressive I don't think I have ever passed more than 80. As for witcher I played it all in 1080p and 30fps and had a blast. Game feels just fine in that form of it's the best you can manage. Since I would have had to go with ugly graphics for 60fps and I said no to that.

Yeah, I can go up to High+Hairworks with no drops with 1080p30.
But no matter how much I cut, I can't seem to get a steady 60 fps. Drops to 40-50 and unplayable frametime.
Must be my i3. Thinking whether to wait for i7 upgrade (half a year or so of saving) for that 1080p60 or just go with what I have now... :\

Yeah, it really depends on which games you enjoy playing. As someone who typically enjoys RPG games, I can say that my total games completed in a year tends to be 1/2 RPG, but probably 80% of my play time is with RPG games. For example this year I've finished Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Quest II and III, Demon Souls, Fantasy Life, Final Fantasy X, and 4 different Ys games. While I've finished 49 games so far, these 10 games together have probably made up the majority of my time spent gaming.

dont get me wrong, i love RPGs too! I finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Dragon Quest V, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Fallout: New Vegas, and Diablo 3 this year and still have the Witcher 3 and FFT0 ready to go for 2015. It's just that i enjoy a breather between long games. So when i play through a +20 hour RPG, i can't jump back into another RPG. I need a palette cleanser between long games and also from genres, too. So if i finished a 2d platformer chances are i'll give an FPS a go next, then maybe a RPG followed by a 3d platformer or something else.

variety is the spice of life after all

Hektor

Thinking about that, 6 games together soaked up more than 300 hours of my playtime this year. I'd probably sit at 150 finished games if i would've played short VN's instead.

Vlad

Argh, what did I tell all of you? When it comes to Ronin, the best way I can describe my feelings towards it are "conflicted". One minute, I love it, the next minute it's annoying the hell out of me. So after my whole writeup on how bullshit the last level was, it dawns on me how I'm "supposed" to be finishing it, and I start to feel more like Bulldog from "Frasier".

"This level stinks! This is total BS! ... Oh, never mind, I just beat it twice in ten minutes"

I was absolutely banging my head against that last level for the longest time until it dawned on me that (major "strategy for last level" spoilers)
there's absolutely no point in killing all the enemies, and it's better to just ignore everybody as much as possible and leap straight to the boss.

I had the same issue on the last level of the fourth chapter. I was getting more and more frustrated at how annoying the fight layout was in that level, until it dawned on me what I was "supposed" to do, and it ended up being fairly simple after that. I honestly can't even say that it was the game's fault, it was simply a matter of really surveying the surroundings and realizing that attacking the fight straight-on was unreasonably harder than anything else that came before.

So while my issues with glitches and unreliable civilian behavior remain, I now change my opinion from "Regretfully avoid" to "Really recommend, but watch for slight annoyances".

Now, on to New Game Plus, so begin the countdown to another "This is total BS" moment...

Volimar

Uh, I've never cared for it, but at some point I guess I'll have to get back on track with this kind of stuff, if it means getting games I wouldn't buy but at the same time I wouldn't mind having in my library for my granchildren to play.

It's not worth it. I've only won like two things from that stream.

>.>

zkylon

zkylewd
Season Pass is supposed to be better. (But you never know.)

It would be bad PR to make it cheaper, so second one is probably ~20€ instead of 2x15€, so SP buyers get their discount.

It supposed to be twice as long so this makes sense too.

you'd think that but then like 3 months after the last dlc of dks2 they make a new dks2 that is cheaper than base game+season pass preorders+upgrade so i dunno lol

iosefe

Remember to add me on Steam. i'm iosefe there if i don't have you
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secret Ponchos (Steam Gift, add me on steam) -- MB-A9C79AA99B6AB7BF - Taken by TheLight. 5 entrants total.

t1441833648z1.png

Arthea

I think I've never seen a game that is more impossible to 100% than Fairy Fencer and I have seen some very nasty things in my life. Not talking only about achievements, although even if I bought dlcs to make some of them easier, there is no way in hell I can make it to 100% but ingame challenges are even more insane (no achievements for those, though).
Why IF, why you wanna torture us so? Someone really hates completionists there, that's only explanation.

kinda want, but... I still have to play Galaxy on Fire 2 HD normally.

Salsa

CN_cck1WUAAQIzP.jpg

fuckin Cuphead character heads on the xbone version of Tony Hawk 5

thats... unexpected

and probably the only good thing about it

Jawmuncher

Cuphead and Mugman are rad but the Sunset Overdrive dude just looks like a regular THPS character

Yeah it seems like Acti went to MS and asked "Hey can we used your characters for THPS?" when they said no seeing how they would be used, they just went for exclusive X1 games that the companies still fully own. So for Sunset Overdrive they could just ask insomniac to use it, and for cuphead they could just ask toothless. Sure there's some MS mumbo jumbo in there still, but you know what I mean.

Salsa

I kinda been a bit bummed about Cuphead ever since I learned the whole game is just a boss rush of sorts

guess it makes sense. expecting a whole game with full stages and enemies with that sort of animation from an indie team is kinda crazy

madjoki

http://cubicbundle.com/

yet another new bundle site, giving away mostly non-steam games:

8-Bit Commando, Woodle Tree Adventures (steam keys)
Loving Life, Mind Dead, Pedra!, Shots In The Dark, Space Ranger ASK (IndieGameStand)
Rhythm Shooter (Itch.IO)

I wouldn't count on others giving steam keys when greenlit, but who knows.

I kinda been a bit bummed about Cuphead ever since I learned the whole game is just a boss rush of sorts

guess it makes sense. expecting a whole game with full stages and enemies with that sort of animation from an indie team is kinda crazy

So there aren't actually levels just boss battles?

Grief.exe

It's not though, that's just what they show at conventions.

Knurek

Screw it, bought the Command & Conquer collection on mothereffin' Origin.
Watch all of them come on GOG in the next week.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah I can't disagree, love the art style, hate the idea it's just an apparently balls hard boss rush :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom