• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance, Dropsy showed up today, and stuff does show up after release at times.
I can wait I suppose, although if I can get a friend to show up tomorrow I'll hop early.

I found a copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in my room, had honestly forgotten I bought the game. It's happening ;-;

Deitus

So, this morning I accidentally caught my toe on something while I was barely awake, fumbling around in the dark trying to get ready for work. I was worried I might have broken it, but I was already running late, so I carefully put my shoes on and tried not to put pressure on the toe, and went to work, where I spent a good chunk of the day on my feet.

When I came home, I found out my toe was completely black and blue. Lovely.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way I can sit at my desk so that I can play MGS V while keeping ice on my foot and keeping it elevated.

Anyone know what this recent almost 1 gb Gauntlet update was for?

Yeah, the game recently released on PS4 as Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, and had a ton of gameplay changes to go along with that version. The PC version got patched to add in these updates.

The main changes were that they made it so that you could change some of your skills by swapping equipment, a new set of potion abilities was added, and the former potion abilities are now on a cooldown. They also added a level select map to replace the hub area, rebalanced enemies, and removed the stat bonuses you could gain by earning achievements.

Volimar

Yeah, the game recently released on PS4 as Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, and had a ton of gameplay changes to go along with that version. The PC version got patched to add in these updates.

The main changes were that they made it so that you could change some of your skills by swapping equipment, a new set of potion abilities was added, and the former potion abilities are now on a cooldown. They also added a level select map to replace the hub area, rebalanced enemies, and removed the stat bonuses you could gain by earning achievements.

Wow, thanks.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Man do I suck at Secret Ponchos. Need to get good.

Also I've finished 10 games in the past two-ish weeks, but overall this year I've only finished a total of 13. The other 3 were from January/February.

everybody msg ozzy on steam and tell him how much you loved the mgs5 ending, if we work together we can rile him up. of course do this only if you've completed the game.

Deitus

Wow, thanks.

Actually, I just logged into Steam and there is another 1 GB update. I had no idea there was another update. The Slayer Edition update was like a week or two ago (but it was also 1 GB).

Here's the patch notes for the latest update:

• Gauntlet challengers be glad, for Clients will no longer crash in the loading screen while waiting for the Host to start a floor!
• All Contestants be aware, Liches will no longer be able to pass through closed doors and go beyond the reach of the combatants of the Gauntlet!
• Heroes be advised, the gods have further remedied Camera zooming and tracking problems in the title that are related to various factors, including screen resolution parameters.
• Gauntlet warriors be advised that using Thor’s "Bottomless Jug" ability on Khamun’s Heart will no longer cause a progression blocker by turning it into food.
• Misuse of Portals in ‘Endless’ mode will not be tolerated! All exploits to do with Portal use in Endless have been targeted and eliminated by the gods.
• To all Gauntlet Mages, it is no longer possible to exploit the title by continually staying invisible with Merlin’s ‘Hollow Chapters’ ability. The god’s have weeded out this trickery and have eliminated it for the good of the competition!
• Heroes will no longer be able to cause a progression blocker by quickly backtracking behind the first closing rock wall when at the ‘Gates of Orox ‘.
• Champions of the Gauntlet, your lamentations have been heard and the god’s on high have answered! Moving forward, challengers can no longer be slain after passing from one floor to the other (during the countdown).
• To the brave Archer’s of the Gauntlet, all animation problems for Questor’s ‘Vault Jump’ ability have been identified and resolved by the gods!
• Mighty Gauntlet competitors please be advised, the ‘Host Options’ will always be visible and available even if a gamepad is unplugged and then re-plugged from your PC at any time.
• Debug text is no longer visible in ‘Sound/Misc Menu’. This is the sacred script of the gods and is not meant for the eyes of mere mortals!
• Various ‘OOW’ issues have been identified and fixed for both heroes and enemy AI.

I hope they also fixed the bug I encountered the other day where my friends and I beat the final boss, and the ending never played, so we just sat there in the boss room with nothing to do until we eventually quit.

Jesus Christ... Spent the last week glued to MGSV and getting ready for a move/moving. Been pretty outta the loop, and come back to 100+ pages...

I hate to be that guy, but what'd I miss? I see that Dragon's Dogma is finally making it over to PC, hyped for that, but that's about all I've heard.

1423505095268102061.gif
Circa Infinity seems like a cool game

For anyone that doesn't have this yet.
Fingers crossed! I posted in the B/S/T thread that I wanted to try this out but didn't want to pay money (but was OK with trading)... Eh I probably won't win. :(

Edit: Oh, I don't have enough posts in this thread, moves too fast. Better bulk up that post count, post haste!

derExperte

Wow, thanks.

Not to be overly snarky but I regularly wonder why people don't just check the steam forum / community? Most devs have now learned to release change logs.

And to go back to the topic of Airscape's lack of success, they also might want to make sure that their demo actually works. I just tried redownloading it to see if I missed something about the game the first time around that would make it really stick out, and it doesn't even work any more (getting "missing executable" errors).

Airscape demo now works. http://store.steampowered.com/app/317260/

Can't say I'm impressed, compared to the underappreciated Beatbuddy (looking at you, SteamGAF) with its beat mechanic and groovy songs there isn't a real hook and it lacks personality. You're a squid collecting things, yay. Until you get dizzy from the camera which is configurable but still wonky and sometimes way too close so I couldn't see enemies coming. Hard to judge the difficulty but the floaty controls could lead to frustration, game doesn't feel 'tight' if you know what I mean. Plus I'd call the visuals in general uninspired, same goes for the music.

oh yea while its on my mind, whats up with the bs child soilders in mgs5? "OH SNAKE DON'T KILL THEM OR YOU FAIL DA MISSION"

Da fuck? this is war, if they shoot at me someone's gonna die and it ain't me. what kind of nonsense is that, i don't care if they're kids. don't put them in the game if you won't allow me to defend myself against them.

That shit got me so mad, there better not be a lot of them later on

I bet theres a lot of them

Ozium

everybody msg ozzy on steam and tell him how much you loved the mgs5 ending, if we work together we can rile him up. of course do this only if you've completed the game.

except it's not just the ending that sucks

it's the second half of the entire game

oh yea while its on my mind, whats up with the bs child soilders in mgs5? "OH SNAKE DON'T KILL THEM OR YOU FAIL DA MISSION"

Da fuck? this is war, if they shoot at me someone's gonna die and it ain't me. what kind of nonsense is that, i don't care if they're kids. don't put them in the game if you won't allow me to defend myself against them.

That shit got me so mad, there better not be a lot of them later on

I bet theres a lot of them

in OUTER HEAVEN, Men become DEMONS actually not that bad of ppl

also you cant even CQC the little shits... such TABOO such DEMONIZING

except it's not just the ending that sucks

it's the second half of the entire game

in OUTER HEAVEN, Men become DEMONS actually not that bad of ppl

also you cant even CQC the little shits... such TABOO such DEMONIZING

breh wtf. fuck them, someone mod them out or make them killable, what kind of nonsense is that.

derExperte

Could you please either spoiler-tag everything or discuss MGSV in the other threads? Because I'm reading stuff that I'm not sure I wanted to know beforehand.

I checked the community page, but not the forums.

:/

I hope you feel bad and learn something from this shameful oversight.

Could you please either spoiler-tag everything or discuss MGSV in the other threads? Because I'm reading stuff that I'm not sure I wanted to know beforehand.

the hell you mean bro? child soldiers were in the trailers, this is nothing new, we even knew in which map they'd be in too.

the hell you mean bro? child soldiers were in the trailers, this is nothing new, we even knew in which map they'd be in too.
Some people go completely dark on games a few weeks or months out. No trailers, previews, articles, nothing. Usually in these cases, anything is pretty much considered a spoiler.

derExperte

I didn't watch any trailers so I have no idea if that's an important plot point or not. Guess it isn't and I'll get over it but wanted to say something just in case, these discussions can easily get out of hand and then suddenly *BAM* and everyone's pissed.

Some people go completely dark on games a few weeks or months out. No trailers, previews, articles, nothing. Usually in these cases, anything is pretty much considered a spoiler.

For the record I'm not one of those, if I were I'd been playing MGSV non-stop already.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'd rather you didn't if it's all the same, I usually just limit the giveaways to SteamGAF.

Fiiine

:V

... you could get it for yourself and just enable family sharing

Lucille-Winking-animated-gif-arrested-development-31133148-245-245.gif

nah but don't enter, its mines, I'll cut you.

Pls when will I stop playing MGS long enough for him to play.

^also re child soldiers above- it really isn't up to other members to keep your blackout for you, it's not really a spoiler. Well, not with the older trailers at least, current Kojima trailers are worse.

So, this morning I accidentally caught my toe on something while I was barely awake, fumbling around in the dark trying to get ready for work. I was worried I might have broken it, but I was already running late, so I carefully put my shoes on and tried not to put pressure on the toe, and went to work, where I spent a good chunk of the day on my feet.

Oh man, this sounds horrible. Changing colors don't sound good. You should see a doc.

I've been thinking about those recent Humble Bundle "build your own bundles" on their current sale. Has Steam ever done anything like that, apart from the pre-bundled stuff, where they allow you to choose from a wider selection of games and get % discounts based on the amount bought at the same time?

Seems like there might be some opportunity there.

Why on earth does the latest Groupees bundle only have the Blackguards DLC and not the main game? Surprise they have only sold 192 bundles, should be 12 at most.

This might the bottom of the bundle hole, the worst of all time.

yo dawg im in there. no body enter this, let me win this.
It's time we find out who the real hero is.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way I can sit at my desk so that I can play MGS V while keeping ice on my foot and keeping it elevated..
You're lucky you can walk. I stubbed my toe while ascending some stairs a while back and spent the next 12 hours crippled, unable to walk (or more specifically, put a shoe on), and following two days with severe-to-moderate limping. It was miserable. Took a week or so before I felt normal again.

The worst (best?) part was that it wasn't even broken-- it hobblefd me without anything more than swelling and brusing.

I've been thinking about those recent Humble Bundle "build your own bundles" on their current sale. Has Steam ever done anything like that, apart from the pre-bundled stuff, where they allow you to choose from a wider selection of games and get % discounts based on the amount bought at the same time?

Seems like there might be some opportunity there.

GOG has done that sort of thing alot over the years. I'd reckon they're one of the first digital stores out there to establish it, but I could be wrong.

Steam has flirted with bundles, but they generally avoid them. I think the most they got into bundling was that year they really tried to push multiple copies of the same game so you could gift it to friends.

derExperte

Why on earth does the latest Groupees bundle only have the Blackguards DLC and not the main game? Surprise they have only sold 192 bundles, should be 12 at most.

This might the bottom of the bundle hole, the worst of all time.

At least Groupess has Steam keys for Gomo. Thanks Humble.

GOG has done that sort of thing alot over the years. I'd reckon they're one of the first digital stores out there to establish it, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, that's a good point. Forgot about those. What I really wish GOG would do is allow you to link your Steam account, and give you the discounts for the "already owned" games in that bundle.

There's a few times where I've wanted a bundle at the low price, but own half the games and don't want to buy them again. I'm sure they'll never do it, but my cheap self can dream.

rtcn63

MGSV
revives me half a second in front of a tank. So now I have to redo the whole mission more or less, since as soon I restart from a checkpoint, I go into slow mo. Also my bazooka doesn't even dent it, so I'm under equipped anyway. I don't have anything strong enough.

MGSV
revives me half a second in front of a tank. So now I have to redo the whole mission more or less, since as soon I restart from a checkpoint, I go into slow mo. Also my bazooka doesn't even dent it, so I'm under equipped anyway. I don't have anything strong enough.
This is a bizarre thing to spoiler, but OK.

No need to restart. Any explosive will work, though it will take multiple hits. Worst case scenario: run away; you should be able to outmaneuver it even in such a close range and find a better approach from there.
Yeah, that's a good point. Forgot about those. What I really wish GOG would do is allow you to link your Steam account, and give you the discounts for the "already owned" games in that bundle.

There's a few times where I've wanted a bundle at the low price, but own half the games and don't want to buy them again. I'm sure they'll never do it, but my cheap self can dream.

Yeah... It'd be nice if all digital storefronts did something like that, even if it's an impossible ask.

fallout

Steam has flirted with bundles, but they generally avoid them. I think the most they got into bundling was that year they really tried to push multiple copies of the same game so you could gift it to friends.
Publisher bundles were a pretty big thing in the early Steam days. One of the first things I bought on Steam was the id Super Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom