• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Publisher bundles were a pretty big thing in the early Steam days. One of the first things I bought on Steam was the id Super Pack.

Oh, yeah. The publisher bundles have been around as long as I can remember. But they're... expensive and, generally, when I'm interested in them I own half of the stuff anyways.

Steam really should discount bundles based on the contents/ownership ratio.

Turfster

Oh, yeah. The publisher bundles have been around as long as I can remember. But they're... expensive and, generally, when I'm interested in them I own half of the stuff anyways.

Steam really should discount bundles based on the contents/ownership ratio.

The big summer publisher bundles have disappeared.
And yeah, it's more than time they move to GOG's "oh, you already own these titles from this bundle? Well, that's X off the price"

They had some awesome bundles around 2010 5 indie games for five bucks, snagged Recettear in one of those bundles.

Haha. I remember Carpe Fulgur regretting that bundle forever. It wasn't too long after Recettear hit it big, and before and significant discounts. Really great deal, worth the price of the bundle by itself as I recall.

The big summer publisher bundles have disappeared.
And yeah, it's more than time they move to GOG's "oh, you already own these titles from this bundle? Well, that's X off the price"
Y'know, I haven't used GOG much for those deals, but it's more due to their smaller library than anything else. By the time they hit choose-your-bundle territory I'll have already purchased them on sale.

Of course, with Steam's current library they could do a make-your-bundle on the entirely weekly sale stuff and I still wouldn't buy anything from there.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
--- WARNING ::: LONG POST ::: WARNING ---

It's a good day when you're quoted in a X05 post.
As for the "inferior" dredd I was trying to go for the joke from the movie. But jazz ignored it so it didn't pan out.
Ah, that makes sense.
It's still the inferior Dredd :p

3084530a8f.png

I got this but no friends in common. Hmmmmmm
I'm guessing no common groups either?
That's my filter anyway, if no common friends or (relevant) groups then you are not getting accepted.

Got quoted even two times in another legendary X05 post, hah.

Also, congrats on the tag!
Thanks!
still not sure it's worth a congrats yet XD

i want a tag...

am i not noteworthy?

what am I? dead?
Of course! You have these two options: "Junior Member" or "Banned".
"be careful with what you wish for", etc

I want to have a tag that says Rocket Man when I get my degree in Aerospace Engineering. Only then!
And then you'll get something like "Farting in Space", and you'll like it!

Most tags are trash and the chances of getting a good one minimal.
Most tags are "Member" :p

Toma got a great one
There are and were several great ones like AstroLad, Anihawk, Father_Brain or Justin Bailey's, also the ones with js so they change on hover like Milamber, blame space or bud's are the best.
Let's not forget those that are or were just plain funny like omg rite's (which was "nomg wrong" and so hilariously appropriate) or old Tabris' old tag
which besides the text it showed his rep as absolute negative XD

You only get a tag when a mod likes you.
For example: Nobody reads my posts, so none of the mods like me.
Thanks buddy :(

i heard you just need to PM bish to get one
thatsbait.gif

Yup. Most are about stupid shit you post, so first thing I'll check when I get a tag is how dumb I look afterwards. Hard to achieve something worthwhile ala jshackles or durante for a good tag.
At least the agressively mean tags that used to be given several years back are far less common now.
But tags can come out of nowhere, I mean I woke up and had it, no idea why or anything.

Half the ones in here are from song lyrics; I never venture to song parts of GAF, so I most likely won't get squat.
I rarely if ever do, but yes, a lot of them seem to be songs.

Stump's is a lyric. i recall he said i was the first one in 7 years of having it to mention where it was from
Really?
Considering the popularity of the band I'd have guessed more people knew from where it was.

I figure I'll eventually say something exceptionally stupid and get 'keinExperte' or some such.
Very likely XD

yeah fuck tags
Well of course, because yours no longer works.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My tag is amazing.
a1d03c6dbd.gif
I blame DoA.

So what is the next big game for PC this year since Xcom 2 is out if the picture?
Is it fallout 4 in November? That's the next game that I can see dominating my friends list.
JUST CAUSE 3 MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRR

I think I wan't SW: Battlefront
I'm kinda torn on it, not entirely sold on it, and I actually liked and played SWBF2

I want to have a tag that says "Here's your coffee, sir" when I get my degree in film studies. Only then!
"Do you need a footstool too?"

Damn, that looks pretty nice!
Added reminder to back it later :D

If you have to ask the answer is no.
Strider: Yay/Nay ?

My tag would either be "Down with pre-orders!" or "Play your damn video games."
"Preorders everything just for that sweet +1"

Finished up Saints Row 3 and jumped right into 4. 3 was such a fun game and a huge step up from 2. I didn't know that Saints Row started as a PS2 game and that's why the engine sucked so badly. They did great things with the new engine. And I love Laura Bailey's delivery, so happy that she is in 4 too. The fact that there is a separate "Nolan North" voice is hilarious.

I've run (or will run) through a whole bunch of series this year:
All Saints Row
All Dead Island (including Escape DI and the real DI2, Dying Light)
All Just Cause
All Witcher
SR is such a fantastic series, Gat out of Hell was nothing to write home about
it needed more musical numbers
, but I'm so pumped for SR5, whatever that might be.

Are we talking about bad tags again? Because I always win (check the b-letter in member)
Is there a particular reason why the link is on the "b"?

Fibre installation is scheduled for next Wednesday. So long, ADSL. I appreciate you getting me out of a tough spot in life, but it's time for me to move on.
Man, congrats!!!
The upgrade to fiber is one of the best things in life, like that revelation when you go from dialup to ADSL, or HDD to SSD... pure bliss.

The plan I've opted for 100Mb/40Mb, which is a nice boost from my current ADSL connection of ~6Mb/~1Mb, but the launch of Netflix in Australia has resulted in a lot of congestion issues since people are now making good use of their connections more often than not, so real-world speeds will likely be noticeably slower during peak hours. NBN Co (the company rolling out the network) will be seeking industry input on how to reform bandwidth pricing, though, so things will get better in the future.
The only time you'd likely feel the congestion would be when downloading something particularly large, otherwise it's not *that* noticeable.

You do realize this is the guy who made Policenauts and Snatcher, with one of those games featuring areas 1:1 from Blade Runner?
I'm not kidding one of them had areas that are identical to what's in that movie.
Snatcher was basically "Blade Runner: The Game".

This thread won't end well, isn't it?
Is that a rhetorical question?
because of course not

wow

how I feel
image.php

America's infrastructure stinks. it stinks.
That's what happens on a large and widely distributed country :p

I get what 20mbps for like $100 or something. It is packaged deal with cable tv, but come on.
If it makes you feel any better, about $60 is what a 10/1 ADSL plan costs here if you live in a city/neighborhood without fiber.

Oh, are we playing 'who is the most unfortunate internet user'?

In my city, the cheapest internet service is $15 for 1mbps. And the most expensive one is $200 for 50mbps (i'm not even sure it truly exists). Anyway, $200 is like the overall minimum wage in my country. There's literally no other options other than resorting to 512kbps broadband modem which costs $10 for 10GB of data usage.

Be grateful with what you have right now. :D
Damn, that's rough, and I feel you, we were like that not long ago D:

I will certainly get some good chuckles from it if I even bother to watch the cutscenes; I'm more interested in Fultoning sheep really :V
I still see Transformers having done a much better 1984 inspired story and concepts in any media I've seen so far.
If it can be considered one (I mean, it does apply to the main character), I think The Truman Show is still the best.

Devils Share free

www.bundleblitz.com

Crap game, but at least it has cards.
deader than dead :(

Can you tell me the lotto numbers?
There are several games I need to buy :p

Oh, this looks great!
*wishlisted*

PS3 games I bought in a very recent sale thinking they'd never come to PC:

Dragon's Dogma DA
Catherine
Resonance of Fate
Demon's Souls

Please look forward to them appearing on Steam shortly.
Well, Demon's Souls ain't happening, but the other two? Yes pls
I also bought them recently and haven't even installed them

Because I'd eventually miss gems like this.

That thread is already going places.
The mind gymnastics are strong in this one.

Heh, I was looking for that gif earlier in this post, thanks!
*right-click, save*

Indeed. Just imagine God of War, Kingdom Hearts or Uncharted on PC. Would be a disaster.
Uncharted as is with a mouse totally would be.
The mods would be glorious though

It is pretty funny though how Capcom and the like get shit about DLC characters. But not much is ever said about the crazy shit anime fighters pull with their multiple versions. Didn't BlazBlue hit and then a month later a extend version was announced?
That's par the course for a lot of Arcade-based games though.
The greatest series of all time Gundam Vs does that as well (the next arcade version is announced at the same time as the current version's console port)

Already too many.
Can only agree with this.

Popgaf had a while there where any 17 year old girl who sang in a bubble gum commercial had an off topic thread about her and nicki manga fighting over Twitter about who had the most glitter on their thrift store bracelet.

Glad that has subsided somewhat
#dead

The Devil May Cry deal remind me DmC Definitive Edition never actually came on Steam.

What the hell Capcom
Isn't the DE just the same as PC version with a couple of mods or am I missing something?

If you don't want to wait for Fallout 4 GOTY edition there will be 30$ Season Pass (they don't know what will Pass include but you can still buy it)

http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twi...ame/fallout-4-launch-and-beyond/2015/09/08/22
LOL, this is getting ridiculous.

It's the Arkham Knight Season Pass all over again. :eek:
Except I expect Bethesda to actually release the content.

There can never be enough TSwizz. :p
Twhatnow?

TPP PS3 + TPP PS4 (+ TPP XBone lol) ~ MGSIV > MGR

Media Create -> NeoGAF -> Internet -> Iashmanbot -> NeoGAF
Seriously XD

I didn't realize that not only was Deadpool added back to Steam, but there are PS4/xbone versions coming. What a strange life that game has had...
Well, the movie is coming so it makes sense.

‘Good’ isn’t good enough - releasing an indie game in 2015

When not even lashman and JaseC own it you know you fucked up.
Pretty much :p

I might have to buy this season pass just to support this behavior, assuming they don't back down on the deal. The very worst is buying a season pass only to find it doesn't include everything (I'm looking at you, 2K).
Although 2K takes the cake, WB has done it too, like the Kombat Pack in MKX doesn't include some stuff.

"2D Platformer with unique artstyle" became the most oversaturated genre on steam is what happened.
This is true.

Went to the MGS Community Hub.

Everything was Quiet....
ba-dum-tsss

If we assume approximate 10% percent of all sales have gone digital now
Careful with this, digital sales in Japan tend to be shit unless you are Monster Hunter, Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

Art that should've remained lost.

AHHHHHHHHHH

JXfv0S0.jpg
a0BzWnV.jpg
9AqyfcG.jpg
Nice.
Is the game going the be actually good this time?

Yakuza Collection, MGS HD Collection, Vanquish

one can dream
With Kojima gone and Konami being Konami, I doubt MGS HD Collection on PC will happen.

Dragon Quest Legacy collection.
$14.99 for Dragon Quest 1-3 each
$19.99 for Dragon Quest 4-6 each
$29.99 for Dragon Quest 7-8 each.

ported to PC by DOTEMU
Fixed that for you, it's Squeenix after all.

Rocket League is evocative. A league with rockets. Sure, the name could be used with a lot of different genres, but it helps sell a game that by all rights should be called Soccar.
That's both hilariously terrible and appropriate.

I played against a guy called Soccar

I also played against a guy called "Pele but with cars"

game should be called the latter
It should've been called "The Tire of God".

The only good thing about Apple conferences is that it makes Google get off its duff and spruce up that feature that's been in Android for a few years.
Truth.

was wondering if there was a livestream of the apple thing just for kicks while I cook

of course. the streaming of the thing is already Apple as fuck

yea keep that shit you rich weirdos
Did you miss the "Edge on Windows 10" there?

guys you need to watch this

you thought Apple was pretentious

wowowoowow

they straight up churching. speaking of this thing like its jesus
Hey now, don't diss the creators of the Pencil!

"Coding to the Metal"

apple is dead
Metal is an API :p

Knock him out with your Surface Pro.
Or with any of the gazillion Android tablets.

Wait, a new pack called Just Cause 3 XL?
And the game unlocks 7 days ea--
"The 3 add on packs will become available post launch and will unlock 7 days early for all pass holders."
Nevermind :/
I was *this* close of buying it then and there

$800 for the cheapest ipad pro 32gigs

$99 for the fucking pencil
And there is no 64GB version, only 32 or 128, lolapple.

I think you're underselling it. It isn't just a bigger iPad. It's a bigger iPad from the people who invented pencils and magnets.
Brilliant!
citizenkaneclap.gif

Almost thought I'd slipped into an Apple Event thread if it wasn't for this :p
Anyway, the stuff Apple showed so far is just as boring as the usual 'funny' jokes people on social media come up with to mock the company eh. Waiting for the iPhone 6S though I don't think I'll be upgrading from my 5S just yet. Barely use my smartphone for more than texting, twitter and light browsing anyway
This tweet is on point though:
https://twitter.com/tim/status/641666830201782272

Thanks Apple for inventing Context Menus that pop up.

Oh I am sorry, 3D Touch of course.
You know what has 3D touch?
The fucking DS, the Wii U, and everything that has resistive touch screens because they can detect pressure.

Present a Microsoft Surface competitor like it's a new thing, while being fuck-all even close to it, without having a actual decent CPU inside or a full-blown OS. Also present a fucking pencil and keyboard attachment like it's a super innovation that hasn't been done countless times before.

Present a Fire TV competitor with features that all TV boxs has had for a while, and over and over again presenting shit as if it's innovative in any way. Meanwhile, make it weaker than a damn Ipad Air 2
The iPad Pro seems to be more of a competitor to the Galaxy Note Pro than the Surface Pro though. Your point still stands of course.

Huh, I thought it had already gone past 100M.

Now that Dodo 2 got Source 2 update it is time for CS:GO. What SteamGAF thinks about that?

P.S. Obligatory daily Mad Max screens
Man, that is one gorgeous looking game.

relevant? only missed the date by a few months.
Yes, amazing it was so close too.

CN_cck1WUAAQIzP.jpg

fuckin Cuphead character heads on the xbone version of Tony Hawk 5

thats... unexpected

and probably the only good thing about it
Haven't checked on anything on this game since the first reveal.
Is it still looking to be absolute garbage?

I just don't read pages I missed, which is a terrible habit. But sometimes it's not worth the work with what goes on in here.
Tell me about it!

<3

SteamDB really needs a "Display more entries" option for the package history section.
image.php

Deitus

Oh man, this sounds horrible. Changing colors don't sound good. You should see a doc.

I'm not too worried about it. It's not the first time I've broken a toe
(or the second)
. Bruising is pretty much expected with a broken bone. I can still walk without putting pressure on the toe (well, limp anyway), but I'll try my best to stay off it for the next few days. If the swelling doesn't go down in the next day or so, I'll see a doctor, but for a mild fracture like this there's not a lot a doctor can do, other than give you the standard advice (stay off your feet, keep it elevated). Now if the bone needed to be reset, then I would definitely need a doctor, but fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

You're lucky you can walk. I stubbed my toe while ascending some stairs a while back and spent the next 12 hours crippled, unable to walk (or more specifically, put a shoe on), and following two days with severe-to-moderate limping. It was miserable. Took a week or so before I felt normal again.

The worst (best?) part was that it wasn't even broken-- it hobblefd me without anything more than swelling and brusing.

Ow, that's rough.

Fortunately it's not my big toe or anything, and it's not swollen so bad that I can't put on a shoe, so I'm not entirely hobbled.

And I managed to find a way to sit so I can keep my leg up while I'm at my PC. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it works I guess.

Everyone. We need to work together to move this thread onto the next page.

I believe in your ability to do this, SteamGAF.
Ow, that's rough.

Fortunately it's not my big toe or anything, and it's not swollen so bad that I can't put on a shoe, so I'm not entirely hobbled.

And I managed to find a way to sit so I can keep my leg up while I'm at my PC. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it works I guess.

With any luck, your current bad fortune means there's a good bundle coming tomorrow. That's how these things work, you know!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dsyndrome, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-F653E7E159123DA8 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 29 entrants total.

t1441859749z1.png

fertygo

Isn't the DE just the same as PC version with a couple of mods or am I missing something?

DmC DE give huge changelog particularly for game balance and return of lock-on, also few additional difficulty mode.. I want it

iosefe

Holy shit that was intense

While people know the artist and some songs from the album, I doubt The Prophet's Song is widely listened to outside of people who listen to the whole album often. Most people go straight for Bohemian Rhapsody and call it a day, I would think.

I hope I'm wrong though. The song is awesome

Anyway, that was last year, summer sale he mentioned it. I felt good about it

Mikurden

I still see Transformers having done a much better 1984 inspired story and concepts in any media I've seen so far.

X05 quoting this reminds me I meant to ask what this is referring to (and at least I'm helping the thread get to the next page).

fertygo

Trying Arklaash demo before pulling the trigger on that humble deal, and holy shit even on low its very sluggish on my PC

Jebus my PC can't even handle modern baldur gate-ish RPG on low?

And this is pretty indicative I can't play Pillars of Eternity too isn't it ;_________;

It seems that AC Syndicate will get downgraded graphics from Unity, and I'm glad if it's true.
I think Unity is the first game with HD 7970 or higher as the minimum requirement. Is there any other game with more demanding minimum requirement?

I'm gonna buy DLC for all of my Free to Play games today.
Will the games stay in my library then, even when deleting them?

I'm not sure, bu I never buy anything for Dota 2, yet the game stays in my library.
I do have some Dota 2 items in my inventory though. Perhaps that's the reason.

"I didn't like the original Yennefer look, so I tweaked her to my likings."

Got a shiny new white Dualshock 3 as my new PC controller. Really is the best controller ever made. And so sexy in white. Playing Metal Gear on a PC with a Playstation controller just feels right.

Dsyndrome

Got a shiny new white Dualshock 3 as my new PC controller. Really is the best controller ever made. And so sexy in white. Playing Metal Gear on a PC with a Playstation controller just feels right.

Me too!
Not shiny new though, got it during Black Friday deals last year.
Edit: Oh, you said DS3; had one that I used until I went to DS4, never looked back.

Pachimari

I couldn't agree more.
I'm probably also gonna go get a Dual Shock 3, it's still better than the Dual Shock 4.

Grief.exe

Me too!

Not shiny new though, got it during Black Friday deals last year.
Edit: Oh, you said DS3; had one that I used until I went to DS4, never looked back.

I couldn't agree more.
I'm probably also gonna go get a Dual Shock 3, it's still better than the Dual Shock 4.

Baby hands in this thread.

MUnited83

For you.
DS4 is awesome. I used DS3 for years and it was great, but after playing with DS4 I can't go back. DS4 is a lot better. Also the DS3 feels terribly small after being used to the DS4.

Mikurden

I know opinion is pretty split between the superiority of XBOX vs PS controllers, but what's the word on Logitech's? Thinking about getting one and I thought maybe the XInput/DirectInput switch would help with compatibility if I want to play some older games, but I don't know too much about it...

Pachimari

Baby hands in this thread.
I actually have real large hands, but for some reason I have always preferred holding small controllers in my hands. That's why the Dual Shock 3 to me, feels better than the Xbox 360 controller and Dual Shock 4 controller.

It have to be said though, that those aren't bad controllers, and that I really like them as well.

But all of this will be old as soon as I get my hands on the Steam and Elite controllers. Those look great, though with larger handles.

Honestly, the build quality of the DS4 is garbage really. I have had 4 of them now, and 3 of them have had problems.

Salsa

what I like about those long quote posts from X05 is that he automatically guarantees that he'll never be quoted

how ironic

I aint gonna quote someone and delete all the text I dont want and am not refering to

I know opinion is pretty split between the superiority of XBOX vs PS controllers, but what's the word on Logitech's? Thinking about getting one and I thought maybe the XInput/DirectInput switch would help with compatibility if I want to play some older games, but I don't know too much about it...
i have it, its decent but i'd say wait for the steam controller.

Yo thanks for GZ, Dsyndrome :) ill activate it tmrw, going to bed now

PrinnyGAF can play a decent MGS game now!
PrinnyGAF is best gaf yo
Congratulations, Prinny. You knew what you wanted and took it.

This is becoming a real gross trend.

Also, I miss JC2 Rico. This new one looks weird.
:) also dont go around saying that season passes are gross, theres a strong defense force for it that is perfectly fine with a company asking for more money for content that doesnt even exist or if it does(which i personally think they do know what it will be) they dont tell you what to expect, most of the time its before theyve even sold you the damn game too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom