• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people don't approach safety in real life like they do with antivirus. You wouldn't have sex with a condom with a giant hole ripped in it, so why would you use an antivirus with barely any protection? :p

I've never used an antivirus and never got a virus infection on my machine (I don't let anyone else use it though, on my experience letting others use your computer is the best way to catch a virus)

Saty

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-making-of-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition
Digital Foundry: Ultimate Edition is coming to DX12 and Windows 10 - can you talk us through how the engine takes advantage of the new API?

Cam McRae: We are still hard at work optimising the game. DirectX 12 allows us much better control over the CPU load with heavily reduced driver overhead. Some of the overhead has been moved to the game where we can have control over it. Our main effort is in parallelising the rendering system to take advantage of multiple CPU cores. Command list creation and D3D resource creation are the big focus here. We're also pulling in optimisations from UE4 where possible, such as pipeline state object caching. On the GPU side, we've converted SSAO to make use of async compute and are exploring the same for other features, like MSAA.

Digital Foundry: It's been mentioned before that the PC version supports higher resolutions and frame-rates. Will there also be other anti-aliasing modes supported (MSAA, SMAA etc)? Better ambient occlusion, particle effects, shadow-map quality etc?

Cam McRae: We have put significant effort into making the Windows 10 version a showcase at 4K, geo and textures were re-authored with 4K in mind so the visual fidelity will really scale up on higher end hardware. We plan to uncap the frame-rate and will ship with a built-in benchmark mode. For anti-aliasing we'll support MSAA and FXAA.

Knurek

Dr Dogg, looking at your FM14 video...
I wish there was a good SWOS-like game.
Fully capable of both good manager-type gameplay with FM breath of player database, and manual match resolution.
Why aren't people making games like that anymore? License costs?

Dr Dogg

Dr Dogg, looking at your FM14 video...
I wish there was a good SWOS-like game.
Fully capable of both good manager-type gameplay with FM breath of player database, and manual match resolution.
Why aren't people making games like that anymore? License costs?

Well probably because SWOS 96 exists :p

The editor is good enough that you can just update every club and league as you see fit. Truth be told though folks these days (well at least my mates) hanker for FIFA Ultimate Team and Live Seasons for their footy fix.

Dr Dogg

Bleh, FIFA is to football what Call of Duty is to real warfare.

Pretty much feeding the forces of evil through licencing. Pro Evo Manager wasn't too bad but was a little half baked in the management side of things but Masters League in 5 and 6 are something I usually fire up now and then.

No vehicle explosions count as a kill. Was the same way with GZ.,it makes a lot of sense later on.

Well now that I can actually get online I've started a fresh so I'm R&Ding my way up the Fulton ladder. Stealth doesn't have to be this slowly, slowly approach that involves a lot of waiting, especially if you know the mission/level layout and patrol routes.

Maniac

Banned
Such a lust for gameplay!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?
MGSV
Snake should just get bionic legs. I had to run the entire length of a route trying to catch up to a cargo truck. And then I died because the ninja turtles appeared and I wasn't equipped to fight them. So yeah fuck I'm done for the night.

Yeah. That shit is bollocks, can't even stealth past those fucks. I just ended up grabbing a tank and blowing them to smithereens.

rtcn63

Yeah. That shit is bollocks, can't even stealth past those fucks. I just ended up grabbing a tank and blowing them to smithereens.

There were two tanks at the docks, and I instinctively fulton'd one. The other tank just couldn't hold it's own by itself. ;_; This time I'm bringing D-Walker with his missile launcher.

M.D

Any idea of how close I am to the ending of MGS2? I just met
r]Ames
and heading to Shell 2 for the
President

Because people think I only hate on games, I present:
A review of Technobabylon by Technocrat, published by Wadjet Eye games.
Time to completion: 8 hours and change

Technobabylon is a cyberpunk point & click adventure game set in a future where gengineering and neural interfaces have become commonplace. It takes place in the megacity of Newton, and you play as 3 different characters: 2 police officers and an unemployed 'Trancer' who prefers to spend all her time online, set against the backdrop of a horrific stream of mindjacks and murders.

The story is well-written, with multiple solutions to puzzles and branching storylines, and the game has the polish we have come to expect from Wadjet Eye published games, with solid voice acting and nice graphics and animations.

Well worth your time and money.
Sounds cool. Cyberpunk is always welcome. It even has a demo! I might try that out sometime.

Benedict

My computer is falling apart. DVD-drive has stopped working, probably one of my internal HDDS as well and the same seems to be for my USB-3 ports...

Ugh, what is it with the Shadowrun games where the last missions are always waaay harder than the rest of the game? >_<

I only played Returns and haven't gotten Dragonfall or Hong Kong yet. So that difficulty spike is common eh? I thought it would have just been Returns.

Ugh, what is it with the Shadowrun games where the last missions are always waaay harder than the rest of the game? >_<

I thought the final mission in HK was pretty trivial, maybe having multiple Assault Rifles and that tracer Steyer helped! There was an alarming difficulty spike in
Prosperity Tower when Is0bel had to jack into the matrix and rebuild Raymond's memory all the while the room is getting swarmed with goons all targeting Is0bel who was in a very vulnerable position. Took 3 times that one.

Sini

Does MGSV really lack mouse and keyboard button prompts while Ground Zeroes had them?
Or do I have to turn them on from somewhere? I think I searched all the menus.

In Returns it's the worst. Mainly because fighting those new enemy types was a total chore.

Okay as long as Returns is as bad as it gets because fighting those
ghost insects with a very specific weapon
is dumb and what made me not finish for months and finally come back to it months later.

L.O.R.D

anyone still holding of this this ?

6e6OGkN.jpg

AHA-Lambda

I thought the final mission in HK was pretty trivial, maybe having multiple Assault Rifles and that tracer Steyer helped! There was an alarming difficulty spike in
Prosperity Tower when Is0bel had to jack into the matrix and rebuild Raymond's memory all the while the room is getting swarmed with goons all targeting Is0bel who was in a very vulnerable position. Took 3 times that one.

That's the bit I'm at.

Every single one of these games has to have a stupidly cheap bit, fuck sake >_<

Purkake4

Banned
Should have played a decker, chummer. Didn't even break a sweat on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom