• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Dino Crisis 2 (PC) about a half hour ago. Other than not being able to map buttons on a controller, I used a keyboard and was fine. Didn't crash or anything. Not sure if I like it more than 1 but, it's also a good version of that game.

I broke the cardinal rule....I preordered XCOM 2.

DON'T LOOK AT ME!

That's okay, it has pre-purchase DLC.

Where is my gun.

I don't even own one ;_;

PS: As for the Anti-Virus debate, this day in age all you have to do is not be an idiot.

Jazz573

I hope people don't approach safety in real life like they do with antivirus. You wouldn't have sex with a condom with a giant hole ripped in it, so why would you use an antivirus with barely any protection? :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope people don't approach safety in real life like they do with antivirus. You wouldn't have sex with a condom with a giant hole ripped in it, so why would you use an antivirus with barely any protection? :p

Everybody knows you can just reinstall your immune system if you contract a virus in real life.

Eila

I don't go around looking for viruses, mostly. Just use virustotal for untrusted executables and you'll do fine without an obtrusive antivirus.

MUnited83

For you.
Four people on my friends list have played it and they're all GAFers, but not one of them has a recorded play time in excess of 0.1 hours, which is as good as not having played it at all. ;)
Clearly they booted the game, got scared and immediately closed it :D

Caerith

If you want to talk STDs, you do know that condoms don't protect you from everything, right? Trusting your antivirus while you haphazardly browse the internet equivalent of a discount brothel is not somehow smarter than foregoing protection and using your brain.

Jazz573

I don't go around looking for viruses, mostly. Just use virustotal for untrusted executables and you'll do fine without an obtrusive antivirus.

Neither do I. But I feel more comfortable with an antivirus. And yes I do scan everything I download, especially from legally questionable sites.

If you want to talk STDs, you do know that condoms don't protect you from everything, right? Trusting your antivirus while you haphazardly browse the internet equivalent of a discount brothel is not somehow smarter than foregoing protection and using your brain.

Of course not. But wouldn't you rather use something with a high protection rate than something with barely any protection? It was mostly in jest tho. :p

Dsyndrome

Four people on my friends list have played it and they're all GAFers, but not one of them has a recorded play time in excess of 0.1 hours, which is as good as not having played it at all. ;)
Game's still broken for me, waiting to see if this weekend's patch will let me get past the title screen freeze.

Caerith

Neither do I. But I feel more comfortable with an antivirus. And yes I do scan everything I download, especially from legally questionable sites.

Of course not. But wouldn't you rather use something with a high protection rate than something with barely any protection? It was mostly in jest tho. :p

Honestly? No protection is far more enjoyable than using an antivirus. Just don't run programs you don't trust is all.

Shade

Old extra's. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Electronic Super Joy DLC? -- MB-74F36B2634E30026 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-B64D41BCD0CEAADB - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Persia -- MB-8B2826CBE4AD1F91 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy #2 -- MB-50FAEC5FBFC00E7F - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total. DLC? (Maybe this is the game, silly modbot)
Mechanic Escape -- MB-1E045C07884C660B - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Ethan -- MB-FAD139B3C6B02CDB - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-136D5273F828B32A - Taken by ramoisdead. 1 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-B2037C5A9A0A8D78 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien-- MB-AEC3C12E562E6119 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.

t1442039824z1.png

i'm not sure which is to blame: windows10 or the nvidia drivers

i can no longer run sfxt or usf4 at 4k/60fps

it's strange because sfxt runs at +100fps@2880x1800 but once i go any higher the framerate drops to below 20

ultra is similar except i can go up to 3325x1871 and at 4k it drops to 50ish

also csgo crashes to desktop randomly and the way to fix it is to install win7 drivers
http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/541907675759699155/

(≧ロ≦)

after messing with the nvidia control panel i got everything back to how it used to be
this was set to "display" instead of "gpu"
ApRTmKO.png

also windows10 doesnt allow you to save custom resolutions; if you want to downsample you have to use DSR

abracadaver

I'm playing everything on my TV and some games only show a 59hz instead of 60hz option (Mad Max for example) What's the easiest way to fix this on Windows 10?

The stutter every second is really annoying

Mivey

I'm playing everything on my TV and some games only show a 59hz instead of 60hz option (Mad Max for example) What's the easiest way to fix this on Windows 10?

Is a 30 FPS lock acceptable? It wouldn't stutter anymore, at least.

JaseC

That's just because of this. It's not the cause of the stutter. (Edit: If you're using regular vsync and the game is running at 59fps, then I suppose it would be. Try disabling vsync and setting the screen mode to borderless instead.) If you look at the first screenshot in the OP of the PC perf. thread you'll see that I'm also running it at "59Hz" yet my experience is stutter-free.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Weird.
You might want to try using bordless windowed mode. If Mad Max has one. It should automaticly use the Hz you've set your tv or monitor on.

JaseC

6000.png

7000.png

No 8K badge yet. I wonder if Valve will switch to a different design for the inevitable 10K badge.

At least it didn't take as long between the 2k badge and the 3-5k badges but wow 7k games i've barely been able to manage to get over 3,200 in 4 years.

abracadaver

Is a 30 FPS lock acceptable? It wouldn't stutter anymore, at least.

No

That's just because of this. It's not the cause of the stutter. (Edit: If you're using regular vsync and the game is running at 59fps, then I suppose it would be. Try disabling vsync and setting the screen mode to borderless instead.) If you look at the first screenshot in the OP of the PC perf. thread you'll see that I'm also running it at "59Hz" yet my experience is stutter-free.

Weird.
You might want to try using bordless windowed mode. If Mad Max has one. It should automaticly use the Hz you've set your tv or monitor on.

Thanks. I will try that today. Doesn't borderless window mode use more VRAM though?

I need to quit smoking that Phantom Cigar that is MGSV before I go to bed, I was going to play a few minutes and I ended up playing 2 hours... time flies for real.

Apparently, Dark Souls 2 SotFS is pretty cheap in Malaysia store, $8.71 converted. It's the full game, not an upgrade.

eiTj8CJ.jpg

SEA folks, go get your Malaysian friends.

Hektor

Randy Pitchford should buy the Half-Life license, hire David Cage as the writer and Derek Smart as the designer. You'd shout 'Save us!' and the Naughty Gods would whisper 'no'.

I quiet honestly would prefer that one over a proper HL3. The reaction on the internet alone would do far more for me than the HL IP ever did.

I broke the cardinal rule....I preordered XCOM 2.

DON'T LOOK AT ME!

There is nothing wrong with preordering the best game of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom