• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Although those wandering Mother Base Soldiers are hard as nails. This guy took a rocket punch to the face, a CQC slam and finally only went down after a 5 hit combo.
Yet today I managed to drive over one dude who refused to go out of the way and lose all of the gathering progress I made on MB. I really don't like this particular area of the game, it's just an an agglomeration of dead end stair and pipe mazes with unnecessary long driveways between each other

Don'T work very well, given that they run away on sight and espeically the last three are going to be iffy if you want to tranq them.

150px-Community_Sniper_Strategy_Header.png

An extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout -- MB-9B3B6129160257A8 - Taken by Loptous

You know I can see if you play MGS5 like the past games how it could become a little tedious after a while. But if you play to the games strengths (ie. its mechanics) then the only limit is your imagination.

Although those wandering Mother Base Soldiers are hard as nails. This guy took a rocket punch to the face, a CQC slam and finally only went down after a 5 hit combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwza0Tx8BPg

1) Get the Love Deterrence song.
2) Put it on the IDroid's speaker and set it to loop.
3) Walk towards the soldier.
4) Profit.

Afro

Is there a way to choose which 4 badges show up on your Steam profile or is this some perk you unlock at a high level? Thx!

Nzyme32

Is there a way to choose which 4 badges show up on your Steam profile or is this some perk you unlock at a high level? Thx!

Go to profile settings and you should have the following options:

Select a featured badge (for the top of your profile)

Badge Collector Showcase (seperate from the top of the profile or the sidebar) - you can choose "selected badges" from the style drop down menu, and then choose five of the ones to feature

I think having a show case might be dependant on Steam level, but not a particularly high one

I think they might mean can you change the 4 badges right underneath your level on your profile. Not the featured or the badge showcase.

If they mean that, there is no way I see how you can do that. It just shows the latest ones you have acquired.

I wish you could change that though to "Most recent" or "Custom."

Deitus

Yet today I managed to drive over one dude who refused to go out of the way and lose all of the gathering progress I made on MB. I really don't like this particular area of the game, it's just an an agglomeration of dead end stair and pipe mazes with unnecessary long driveways between each other

There's really no reason to drive between platforms on Mother Base. I mean do it once to get a sense of the scale, but after that there are faster ways to travel. Either call a chopper and have them bring you to your desired platform, or find the delivery point and use the cardboard box to fast travel.

I won't argue that certain platforms are just tedious mazes (I'm looking at you R&D platform), or that it's a hassle trying to track down your soldiers for the morale boost. I stopped bother with that a while ago, and now I only approach the soldiers who happen to be in my way. Generally I only really return to MB now to shower, and occasionally return a photograph when I get a new one.

Afro

I think they might mean can you change the 4 badges right underneath your level on your profile. Not the featured or the badge showcase.

If they mean that, there is no way I see how you can do that. It just shows the latest ones you have acquired.

I wish you could change that though to "Most recent" or "Custom."

Yeah, this is what I meant. I just want to choose which badges appear on the right side under my level b/c some are ugly as hell. Too bad.

I don't want to replace my screenshot showcase w/ badges.

Thanks anyway dudes.

zkylon

zkylewd
i duno i liked making levels in every editor for every game for all my life (you shouldve seen my tenchu 2 maps!) mario maker seems like the best thing ever

wish i had a wii u

tho that thing is like 70 dollars here so i duno

Soulflarz

Banned
I own a WiiU, enjoy Mario games and have no strong feelings to get or even want to play Mario Maker at all.

Not sure why.

Because it's a game for making them (or is what it is being sold at)
Erm, if you're more into playing through the game vs making levels, it's not in your best interest to buy day 1 vs waiting a few months for a good sale and some great levels.

Also with user generated content, the game never ends, so you might avoid it for that reason.

Just some thoughts as to maybe why? Those are kind of why I'm not wanting to play it at the moment.

i duno i liked making levels in every editor for every game for all my life (you shouldve seen my tenchu 2 maps!) mario maker seems like the best thing ever

wish i had a wii u

tho that thing is like 70 dollars here so i duno

I guess I am not a big level editor guy. I get the appeal though.

Probably would have tried it if it wasn't so pricey though to be honest.

Because it's a game for making them (or is what it is being sold at)
Erm, if you're more into playing through the game vs making levels, it's not in your best interest to buy day 1 vs waiting a few months for a good sale and some great levels.

Also with user generated content, the game never ends, so you might avoid it for that reason.

Just some thoughts as to maybe why? Those are kind of why I'm not wanting to play it at the moment.

Yeah mostly that the level editor thing.

A game never ending really doesn't bug me.

Dsyndrome

maybe kojimas like 9/11 you guys go play some mario maker

No cat ears today?

Also, if Mario Maker was like Mario Paint and came with the system, I'd play it. Although, I've lost my creative edge back in college after making AGS stuff about my college roommates, so it would probably just sit there.

zkylon

zkylewd
I guess I am not a big level editor guy. I get the appeal though.

Probably would have tried it if it wasn't so pricey though to be honest.
yea, price too steep but that game sounds like a reason to buy a wii u for me

like, i didn't get much into lbp cos i didn't really enjoy the editor, it was too complicated and physics were weird so it didn't feel like playtesting those levels was much fun either

but like making an editor to then play like mario in is like fucking awesome, you can't really ask for a better game to make levels for, and it seems to be tile based which imo is a very enjoyable and simple way of crafting levels

it's just so much fun for someone like me, it's a real system seller and really makes me want to buy a wii u

No cat ears today?
whats u mean

yea, price too steep but that game sounds like a reason to buy a wii u for me

like, i didn't get much into lbp cos i didn't really enjoy the editor, it was too complicated and physics were weird so it didn't feel like playtesting those levels was much fun either

but like making an editor to then play like mario in is like fucking awesome, you can't really ask for a better game to make levels for, and it seems to be tile based which imo is a very enjoyable and simple way of crafting levels

it's just so much fun for someone like me, it's a real system seller and really makes me want to buy a wii u

Yeah, I am sure Mario Maker would be fun for you since you seem keen on the idea but, I don't know if I would tell you to buy a WiiU for just that.

LBP physics were trash to me so I felt I dodged a bullet not buying that and playing that at a friends. People made some really cool stuff in there though.

Isnt your avatar a new character?

Yeah it's Sailor Lux.

Parsnip

Worst enemies in MGSV are without doubt choppers: there's simply no way to take them down silently where I am. Usually they require two rockets to blown, but after you fire the first one, the game goes on reflex mode and you have no time to reload and shoot another missile. At least this is where I'm at the moment (need to do mission 12), maybe later there will be a easy way to destroy choppers.

Fun fact is you can avoid them, but this requires a lot of time, and in the area with
mini-gears
a chopper, bundled with tons of soldier, make the mission very hard to S rank.

Also really, in this game you do nothing else than infiltrating enemy's bases. There are bases everywhere, or groups of buildings.
Only scrubs play with reflex mode on.

Hektor

Is Phil Fish still doing games?

He keeps posting about something called Panoramical - which is out on Steam September 17th

embedimage.jpg

http://panoramic.al/

People called all that 9/11 stuff a red herring. A herring is a fish. Kojima Productions is resident in Los Angeles. And what else is resident in los angeles? The Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra or short LA Phil. I think we are getting somewhere.

zkylon

zkylewd
Isnt your avatar a new character?
oh yea different characters

also ahri is a fox not a cat

didnt know ppl paid much attention to my avatar changes

Yeah, I am sure Mario Maker would be fun for you since you seem keen on the idea but, I don't know if I would tell you to buy a WiiU for just that.

LBP physics were trash to me so I felt I dodged a bullet not buying that and playing that at a friends. People made some really cool stuff in there though.
well lately i havent been goofing around with level editors much cos i haven't found the time to work on making levels for games other than mine heh, but mario feels like a good exception

i probably should play around with vvvvvv's level editor too since it's one of my favorite games ever

Yeah it's Sailor Lux.
star guardian lux thank you very much

tho i like calling her madoka lux cos of the hair

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

StarFence -- MB-B5F08ADE1AD6F574 - Taken by Darth Kupi

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-87C474B4EEBA969D - Taken by ~Kinggi~
Dinner Date -- MB-1E725F84A641281B - Taken by Anteater
The Lady -- MB-D91F9B74CE11D40B - Taken by Saty
The Silent Age -- MB-A415BBFB187601A7 - Taken by gurm3n

zkylon

zkylewd
reminder to the person that gets it to cut dinner date some slack

it may be silly pretentious but it's like 20 minutes and one dollar of your time. i know humble bundle made 1 dollar a really valuable commodity but u know, guy tried something, it failed, but it was an interesting experiment at least..

Death stairs

Zky on the other hand....

what

didnt know ppl paid much attention to my avatar changes
People complain about mine all the time, so I am trying to cut down on them.

well lately i havent been goofing around with level editors much cos i haven't found the time to work on making levels for games other than mine heh, but mario feels like a good exception

i probably should play around with vvvvvv's level editor too since it's one of my favorite games ever

Yeah it also takes a long time to make good levels which I don't like doing. I like character creators but not level editors. I am weird.
star guardian lux thank you very much

tho i like calling her madoka lux cos of the hair

But her costume is clearly a Sailor Scout uniform and is ripping off Chibimoon with her hair :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom