• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the bit I'm at.

Every single one of these games has to have a stupidly cheap bit, fuck sake >_<

If I remember rightly the trick I used was to
use summons from Gobbet and Rachter's Bot to get right into melee range along with stuns. Anything in melee is prioritized by the the enemy AI so they stop taking pot shots at Is0bel. Had to heal her a few times and it got pretty tricky after a while in the matrix. Also I found the code sequence you need to input doesn't line up with the clues about Raymond's various ages, I assume that was a bug.

Should have played a decker, chummer. Didn't even break a sweat on that part.

I played a super high charisma, talk her way out of everything, cross build who just happened to carry a large Assault Rifle just in case. I was really impressed with the number of times I avoided fights, got more info, with the various etiquettes. Had 5 at the end, wished I'd chosen Academic earlier though.

Yeap that PC Gaming thread in Gaming section is same as other ones. Be careful SteamGAF it is possible minefield.

For those of you that don't know what dex is talking about.

Here is a nugget:

Well the thing is, if you choose to scale down options like, textures, or AA or Shadows, then all you have is PS4/Xbox One graphics. No wrong with that, but then why shouldnt you just buy a console and be happy?

You can always find 40 euros videogames and receive some completely free from PSN Xbox Live.

That's where we are at now. I am not posting in that thread though because it's fucking dumb.

Edit: Oh you guys already said what thread it was ;_;

Anteater

Yeap that PC Gaming thread in Gaming section is same as other ones. Be careful SteamGAF it is possible minefield.

gotta buy new monitors every year

what's pc gaming without 4k/120fps? and I'm sure 8k is right around the corner

at this point only justin bieber can afford playing video games on a computer

you know those threads seems incredibly easy to derail, it's the same everytime

Tales From Borderlands is an absolute gem. Ep 4 is a cut above the rest, and the others are pretty dang good. I'm dying to play Ep 5 now.

TellTale finally found a good direction post Walking Dead. It even gives me a sliver of hope for their Minecraft project.

Tales From Borderlands is an absolute gem. Ep 4 is a cut above the rest, and the others are pretty dang good. I'm dying to play Ep 5 now.

TellTale finally found a good direction post Walking Dead. It even gives me a sliver of hope for their Minecraft project.
I wonder when theyll make their own ip and stop leeching off others, i dont mean that in an offensive way either just to be clear

Purkake4

Banned
I played a super high charisma, talk her way out of everything, cross build who just happened to carry a large Assault Rifle just in case. I was really impressed with the number of times I avoided fights, got more info, with the various etiquettes. Had 5 at the end, wished I'd chosen Academic earlier though.
I played high charisma decker/sniper, only thing I had a problem with was money.
And maps large enough to make use of the sniper rifle :(

kurahador

We still not sure if team TotB or GoT that's doing Minecraft. Could always turned out either way.

Ludens

Banned
Worst enemies in MGSV are without doubt choppers: there's simply no way to take them down silently where I am. Usually they require two rockets to blown, but after you fire the first one, the game goes on reflex mode and you have no time to reload and shoot another missile. At least this is where I'm at the moment (need to do mission 12), maybe later there will be a easy way to destroy choppers.

Fun fact is you can avoid them, but this requires a lot of time, and in the area with
mini-gears
a chopper, bundled with tons of soldier, make the mission very hard to S rank.

Also really, in this game you do nothing else than infiltrating enemy's bases. There are bases everywhere, or groups of buildings.

Worst enemies in MGSV are without doubt choppers: there's simply no way to take them down silently where I am. Usually they require two rockets to blown, but after you fire the first one, the game goes on reflex mode and you have no time to reload and shoot another missile. At least this is where I'm at the moment (need to do mission 12), maybe later there will be a easy way to destroy choppers.

Fun fact is you can avoid them, but this requires a lot of time, and in the area with
mini-gears

Also really, in this game you do nothing else than infiltrating enemy's bases. There are bases everywhere, or groups of buildings.

Choppers aren't meant to be destroyed in that specific section (at least I had no trouble evading them)
Later on, (side mission spoiler)
the "Destroy the Tank squad" missions will also have a chopper, and you will need to blow those up in order to finish them, but there's no ranking in those missions, so it's fine.

It's dead, Jim.
We still not sure if team TotB or GoT that's doing Minecraft. Could always turned out either way.
Yeah, totally. I had zero expectations for Borderlands but it blew me away. I'll have to reserve judgement on Minecraft now, instead of instantly condemning it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178491713&postcount=112

1365193232_Guy-with-Question-Mark-over-his-headFotolia_102829_XS.jpeg

I had to post after this.

Ludens

Banned
Choppers aren't meant to be destroyed in that specific section (at least I had no trouble evading them)
Later on, (side mission spoiler)
the "Destroy the Tank squad" missions will also have a chopper, and you will need to blow those up in order to finish them, but there's no ranking in those missions, so it's fine.

Yeah I know you are not supposed to destroy them, but when you take someone with you, you can't stand on the ground to avoid being detected. But in example in mission 9 you NEED to destroy a chopper in order to S rank a mission, and being spotted means losing the no alert bonus.
I mean at the point of the story where I am, if you need to destroy a chopper there's no way to do it fast, if you have no buddy or powerful weapons. Grom level 3 two hits choppers, but as I wrote usually after the first shot they spot you 99% of times.

Yeah I know you are not supposed to destroy them, but when you take someone with you, you can't stand on the ground to avoid being detected. But in example in mission 9 you NEED to destroy a chopper in order to S rank a mission, and being spotted means losing the no alert bonus.
I mean at the point of the story where I am, if you need to destroy a chopper there's no way to do it fast, if you have no buddy or powerful weapons. Grom level 3 two hits choppers, but as I wrote usually after the first shot they spot you 99% of times.

Yeah, screw mission 9. I forgot about that travesty.

gotta buy new monitors every year

what's pc gaming without 4k/120fps? and I'm sure 8k is right around the corner

at this point only justin bieber can afford playing video games on a computer

you know those threads seems incredibly easy to derail, it's the same everytime
Nah man, its not the same without Horse Armor and Mr. Orange. Bonus for ghst.

So I was going to buy the Dark Souls 2 Scholar upgrade on Steam, does anyone know if it adds Scholar of the first Sin to your library or if replaces DS2 with SotFS?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That time I meant to just link the post. Not the quote thing. First time I did cross post link which I shouldn't had. In fact let me edit it.

Eh, I'm still kind of personally against that kind of thing. It's one thing to point out a thread, but to single out a specific post and potentially invite a mob in to ridicule a poster either in that thread or this one -- where he might not even be aware he's being discussed -- is kind of a faux pas.

mini-gears

This is my biggest peeve with the game gameplay wise as well, its a nightmare in the daytime as well. I sigh everytime i do a mission and a chopper is in it
I assume they are making a good chunk of cash.
Oh no doubt, helps even more that they go after the popular stuff as well.

Eh, I'm still kind of personally against that kind of thing. It's one thing to point out a thread, but to single out a specific post and potentially invite a mob in to ridicule a poster either in that thread or this one -- where he might not even be aware he's being discussed -- is kind of a faux pas.

I didn't think of it that way. Not intending to bring in people to make fun of a poster. I just thought the post was very silly. You're right though, my bad.

Dr Dogg

You know I can see if you play MGS5 like the past games how it could become a little tedious after a while. But if you play to the games strengths (ie. its mechanics) then the only limit is your imagination.

Although those wandering Mother Base Soldiers are hard as nails. This guy took a rocket punch to the face, a CQC slam and finally only went down after a 5 hit combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwza0Tx8BPg

And in honour of Maniac (well seeing as i had this in my custom soundtrack folder) just to put one of the more fortified bases to the test of a hostage rescue blitz (spoilers I'm in and out in seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J0W-R1LANQ

Yeah story is a bit crap but I'm happy as a pig in shit just messing about.

Chariot

You know I can see if you play MGS5 like the past games how it could become a little tedious after a while. But if you play to the games strengths (ie it's mechanics) then the only limit is your imagination.

Although those wandering Mother Base Soldiers are hard as nails. This guy took a rocket punch to the face, a CQC slam and finally only went down after a 5 hit combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwza0Tx8BPg

And in honour of Maniac (well seeing as i had this in my custom soundtrack folder) just to put one of the more fortified bases to the test of a hostage rescue blitz (spoilers I'm in and out in seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J0W-R1LANQ

Yeah story is a bit crap but I'm happy as a pig in shit just messing about.
You know there is a trick, no, there are at least three tricks to the MB soldiers.

Approach them in a box, they will come to you.
Play Paz humming over loudspeaker
Let Quiet snipe them before they spot you

Locust

mini-gears

If you really want to get rid of that chopper you can put c4 under it when it lands. :p
Also when you shoot a chopper with a missile it will just fire at the position you shot the missile from. If you hide before the missile hits it shouldn't see you.

Mission 12 ain't that hard to s-rank either, afair you can pretty much prone directly into the hangar once you get rid of the snipers.

You know there is a trick, no, there are at least three tricks to the MB soldiers.

Approach them in a box, they will come to you.
Play Paz humming over loudspeaker
Let Quiet snipe them before they spot you

Alternate, foolproof approach:
A single tranq headshot for any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom