• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said Ill probably change it something else again (probably something not green even though it should be.) but, I need certain art.

Dr Dogg

The best moments in MGS5 are when things don't go according to your well laid out plan. The time you got caught because you knocked over a chair, when you dropped the hostage in a place you can't carry them out, when you tried to headshot tranq a dude with a helmet. Not the incidents themselves but how you can adapt and employ plan b on the fly without resorting to restarting the checkpoint.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hey how are you liking mad max jasec!

Sofa sogood. I've done only a handful of main missions, but destroying enemy vehicles never gets old and the melee combat is very satisfying. There's not much of a survival aspect to the game, though: water and fuel are plentiful, especially after you've upgraded the area's stronghold. Even ammo becomes a non-issue after you complete the stronghold's armoury project.

zkylon

zkylewd
the games of the ps1/n64 generation list is pretty good (doing my best iashman impersonation)

i feel like lumping pc in the list is kind of bad cos it's such a different thing since the dates are kind of different but outside of that it's a pretty nice list of games of the generation that's dearest to me at least

probably cos it was the only generation i had more than one system thanks to my ocusi selling me his n64 for very cheap, so i got to play a ton of nintendo games that i had missed growing up with a genesis

i guess we had a nes but we had very few games for that for some reason

People complain about mine all the time, so I am trying to cut down on them.
they do?

Yeah it also takes a long time to make good levels which I don't like doing. I like character creators but not level editors. I am weird.
i like both

level editors are pretty fun for making dumb shit really quick but also to make short track courses and learn so much about level design really quick which really makes u appreciate how good levels are actually made

i love it, wish i had more time or willpower to mess with those things

But her costume is clearly a Sailor Scout uniform and is ripping off Chibimoon with her hair :v
yea but i like saying madoka lux

Messiah

Not much, considering how often they're down. ;)

tumblr_muboe3oNPg1r2m293o1_250.gif

The best moments in MGS5 are when things don't go according to your well laid out plan. The time you got caught because you knocked over a chair, when you dropped the hostage in a place you can't carry them out, when you tried to headshot tranq a dude with a helmet. Not the incidents themselves but how you can adapt and employ plan b on the fly without resorting to restarting the checkpoint.

Oh, this is why I apparently enjoyed the game more than most people. Just never having a well laid out plan forces you to adapt all the time.

Oh, this is why I apparently enjoyed the game more than most people. Just never having a well laid out plan forces you to adapt all the time.

I've enjoyed it a lot too, despite that not happening. It's the ranking for the main missions that's just terrible. Otherwise the boss fights and side ops are pretty fun.

Using a
water pistol
to defeat
man of fire
was hilarious.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, what is it with the Shadowrun games where the last missions are always waaay harder than the rest of the game? >_<

I found the final mission in Hong Kong to be really easy on normal mode, honestly.

Actually, now that I think about it, I found the final mission in Dragonfall to be really easy on normal mode when compared to the
APEX Rising
mission, if only because I encountered glitches multiple times on that one. The final mission in Returns was a relatively standard fight if you brought the new guy in the hazmat suit along.

I thought the final mission in HK was pretty trivial, maybe having multiple Assault Rifles and that tracer Steyer helped! There was an alarming difficulty spike in
Prosperity Tower when Is0bel had to jack into the matrix and rebuild Raymond's memory all the while the room is getting swarmed with goons all targeting Is0bel who was in a very vulnerable position. Took 3 times that one.

Yeah, that was one of the few parts that I had any trouble with
except I played as a decker so I didn't need to bring Is0bel along. I rarely ever bothered to bring her along for most missions. The matrix part was the most difficult thing about that mission

In a certain chat they do lol.

i like both

level editors are pretty fun for making dumb shit really quick but also to make short track courses and learn so much about level design really quick which really makes u appreciate how good levels are actually made

i love it, wish i had more time or willpower to mess with those things

Trust me I wish I did like them more but, I don't know.

yea but i like saying madoka lux
Fair enough!

Anteater

Sofa sogood. I've done only a handful of main missions, but destroying enemy vehicles never gets old and the melee combat is very satisfying. There's not much of a survival aspect to the game, though: water and fuel are plentiful, especially after you've upgraded the area's stronghold. Even ammo becomes a non-issue after you complete the stronghold's armoury project.

yeah, I was expecting the game to have a bit of survival aspect, but those didn't matter pretty early as soon as you upgraded the first stronghold, food isn't necessary since you also have water to replenish your life. I quite like the driving around and punching stuff so it's not so bad.

Dr Dogg

As I've said before I love the gameplay posibilities and the series has never given you this much scope to fuck about but with a decent level if precision. Story really hasn't gripped me and I doubt it will but it's sad to think that the foundations built here won't be expanded upon by KojiPro for MGS6. 5 was going to have to be something special to dethrone 3 as my fav but while the overall package isn't quite up to snuff I'm certainly trying crazy shit I'd never try in a stealth focused game.

zkylon

zkylewd
All of zkylon's pics weighing it down. :p

not really cos like steam not taking my pictures anymore

outch

to be fair ppl are really like change averse

most ppl hated new league ui too

also negative ppl are louder so its not like a lot of ppl are gonna counter positive review the game cos it got like a client change

so might not mean anything

for what its worth i thought it was much better, old doto client was hideous and cluttered as fuck

Ludens

Banned
Only scrubs play with reflex mode on.

I played the whole GZ with reflex off, but only when trying to do a S rank. I'm doing the same for TPP, but I need to know the level layout before attempt this. Some missions have snipers almost impossible to see if not when it's too late.

EDIT: I can't log on Steam, are there any problems?

zkylon

zkylewd
there's something kind of delicious about doters being like upset over their new client after so much rubbing it in our faces hehe

Nzyme32

Yep. This is why it often annoys me to see some people immediately quit out or restart to get that perfect run. They miss out on the best the game has to offer

Dr Dogg

Fuck me that Martial is going to be something special. Yeah yeah this will go over most peoples heads and is waaaay OT but sue me.

If somebody wan'ts to try to win Mad Max here is link

https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/642291524764438529

I'm about all Open Worlded out this year but Mad Max is worth anyone's time. Mechanically sound game with some jaw dropping art direction and a vast array of rendering tech on display. What's not to love?

dex3108

Fuck me that Martial is going to be something special. Yeah yeah this will go over most peoples heads and is waaaay OT but sue me.

I'm about all Open Worlded out this year but Mad Max is worth anyone's time. Mechanically sound game with some jaw dropping art direction and a vast array of rendering tech on display. What's not to love?

Chumbucker, you forgot Chumbucket!!!

Knurek

Does it have the patented Just Cause 2 copy & paste method of adding content?
That game had, like, three town/enemy base/city templates multiplied by hundred billion gazillion times.

Hektor

Its really hard to get back into a telltale game after playing through LiS Ep. 1-4.
The performance and the quality of the animations are aons apart.

Also, whats up with the bad writing? I remember telltale beeing flawed but good., but that one scene i were just playing is awful.

Tft Borderlands: Ep. 1 Spoilers:
So, i get to that august guy, wanna buy his key. I dont tell him my real name and that girl suddenly starts freaking out. "I dont have a good feeling about this, they have been rude to us the entire time", "The entire time" = Two sentences. One sentence saying that im Mr. 10 Million dollars and one time saying that im just here for business.

Then im telling her that im not like one of these evil hyperion guys and that im trying to screw someone from hyperion over and thats enough for her. She just believed that.

Like, the deal was originally made between some guy from hyperion and them. But me beeing from hyperion freaks her out. Than telling her that im trying to screw the former guy over convinced her to make a deal? huh?

And right after convincing her, somehow her mate august is against the idea of making that deal and that girl is trying to convince him to make that deal.

Nothing of that made any sense or am i missing something?

Dr Dogg

Yep. This is why it often annoys me to see some people immediately quit out or restart to get that perfect run. They miss out on the best the game has to offer

It certainly had that Hitman vibe of seeing how things play out and adapt. The problem with most stealth games is that failure is judged on being seen not outright dying.

Chumbucker, you forgot Chumbucket!!!

There is something I like about automobile evangelism :p

Does it have the patented Just Cause 2 copy & paste method of adding content?
That game had, like, three town/enemy base/city templates multiplied by hundred billion gazillion times.

I'm not the best to ask as I've only play a couple of hours but everything so far has felt hand crafted and sit outed to the eye tent it feels like a great world to explore than a tile sheet.

jediyoshi

Tft Borderlands: Ep. 1 Spoilers:
So, i get to that august guy, wanna buy his key. I dont tell him my real name and that girl suddenly starts freaking out. "I dont have a good feeling about this, they have been rude to us the entire time", "The entire time" = Two sentences. One sentence saying that im Mr. 10 Million dollars and one time saying that im just here for business.

Then im telling her that im not like one of these evil hyperion guys and that im trying to screw someone from hyperion over and thats enough for her. She just believed that.

Like, the deal was originally made between some guy from hyperion and them. But me beeing from hyperion freaks her out. Than telling her that im trying to screw the former guy over convinced her to make a deal? huh?

And right after convincing her, somehow her mate august is against the idea of making that deal and that girl is trying to convince him to make that deal.

Nothing of that made any sense or am i missing something?

Play further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom