• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gone home? fine lemme see

edit: lol assumed go home was a typo, but hell, TRYING THIS SOON :D
Go Home - Rage incoming
header.jpg

Reviews

“This game comes directly from the devil....”
Beta-Tester, Marco

“How can you design such an easy game that evil ?”
Beta-Tester, Lukas

“This game... Has earned the title "Rage-Game" rightliy”
Beta-Tester, Sarah

Soulflarz

Banned
Go Home - Rage incoming
header.jpg

Reviews

“This game comes directly from the devil....”
Beta-Tester, Marco

“How can you design such an easy game that evil ?”
Beta-Tester, Lukas

“This game... Has earned the title "Rage-Game" rightliy”
Beta-Tester, Sarah

JaseC

What have you done to me?

The goal of Go Home is to get home without dying. Sounds simple, if there wouldnt be a veriety of enemies and traps, which will make it difficult for you to reach your home before the time runs out.

veriety
what

I've played Go Home for about 20 mins or so and for a game that requires extacting controls and precise collision detection it sadly has neither. It also has an annoying camera.

22 friends have this game and 4 people actually want it!

I'm the only one who has actually played it, a symptom of bundlejunk with no cards I suppose.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, anyone know when that Xbox One controller dongle is supposed to come out? Seems like there's no info anywhere.

Dsyndrome

Got Lords of the Fallen Deluxe Edition, don't know when I'm going to play it though. Couldn't pass up that price, bet holiday sales won't go that low.

zkylon

zkylewd
Only the stupid people are upset, but there's not really that many of them, most of them already play LoL.

;)

Just like if League shut down and took 95% of the people playing it down with them.

Whilst your comment might've been sarcasm, mine honest-to-god isn't.

It's just ARTS / MOBA players doing their thing; complaining like little fucking children. Atleast it's not as bad as with Diretide, but this time it's Steam reviews instead of metacritic ones.

Valve can't win when their biggest audience are adult manchildren that need to have their diapers changed for them.
wait r u ocaling me stupid

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
K, I'm going to give Dragon Age 3 a shot.

Let's see how this goes =/

PS: Yes, I know it's not Steam by definition :p
I must suggest playing it on Normal or lower. I love a good challenge, but Inquisition's combat only becomes infuriating when you actually have to think about stuff. It's in this weird place between mindless hacking and strategy but it succeeds in neither. And the A.I. is fucking dumb, especially rogues.

It's very pretty, contains some interesting characters and Skyhold's pretty great. I've spend 150 hours with the game and enjoyed it a lot, but man. That combat-system. *shivers*

The combat in Inquisition is really disappointing, it's nearly impossible to set any real strategies up with the camera system in place and positioning never works. They flat out lied about the PC exclusive camera and interface in pre-release previews which is very frustrating. I think the game still has some really interesting missions(the main story ones) and characters which make it worth playing through but with all of the filler and legitimately bad combat it's a very flawed game.

Terra_Ex

The PC controls for Inquisition are pretty bad and the "tactical" camera system pretty much underlines how the whole thing was built solely with consoles + controller in mind. Pretty shameful considering how the series started off and the pre-release smoke and mirrors regarding the PC control scheme, Played through their new DLC this week and I was reminded that after a certain point combat becomes a spectacle of particle effects that can hinder your ability to discern what exactly is going on in at any given moment.

The combat in Inquisition is really disappointing, it's nearly impossible to set any real strategies up with the camera system in place and positioning never works. They flat out lied about the PC exclusive camera and interface in pre-release previews which is very frustrating. I think the game still has some really interesting missions(the main story ones) and characters which make it worth playing through but with all of the filler and legitimately bad combat it's a very flawed game.

There's no planning ahead, that's the main issue. No ability queuing, a severely limited tactical cam, and the mind-bogglingly tiny command radius render the combat a step up from Diablo, if at all. It will make even basic planning a frustrating and largely fruitless affair--battles against dragons (where avoiding AoE damage is critical) really drives the issues home. This is without getting into the flawed skill trees and companion AI, that artificially limit skill use and end up giving every character far more abilities than they'll ever need, not that they'd use them properly anyways.

Just wholesale copying of DAO's combat would've been far better than the half-baked systems they put in DAI.

Pillars of Eternity has a combat engine several generations ahead of DAI's. I'm still baffled at how badly Bioware mishandled all aspects of Inquisition.

Phinor

Pillars of Eternity has a combat engine several generations ahead of DAI's. I'm still baffled at how badly Bioware mishandled all aspects of Inquisition.

While I completely agree with you in that DA:I is severely flawed and my most disappointing game of last year, it did win a bunch of GOTY awards and the PS4 version is sitting pretty at Metacritic with an average score of 89. Majority of gamers really loved what DA:I did and, Bioware included, probably consider the game a great success in just about every way.

Which is very disheartening because they won't change the formula too much in the future. As I said, my most disappointing game last year. There's very little positive in their whole combat system and I doubt they are going to completely re-make the whole thing from scratch.

Knurek

While I completely agree with you in that DA:I is severely flawed and my most disappointing game of last year, it did win a bunch of GOTY awards and the PS4 version is sitting pretty at Metacritic with an average score of 89. Majority of gamers really loved what DA:I did and, Bioware included, probably consider the game a great success in just about every way.

As long as you don't tread DA:I as anything else than what it is, and don't expect to see anything rivaling DA:O or BG, I don't think there's anything there that can disappoint you.
Especially if you liked the consolized version of Bioware's previous games (Mass Effect 2-3, DA2).

Phinor

Especially if you liked the consolized version of Bioware's previous games (Mass Effect 2-3, DA2).

Well, about that.. DA2 is probably the most disappointing game of all time and Mass Effect series got worse with every entry. I like the setting and characters of Mass Effect so much that despite the first game being the best, I rate the series as a whole very high. DA2 isn't the worst game ever made by any means, but it was such a huge disappointment. DA:I was supposed to fix almost everything they messed up with DA2 and it did fix a lot of issues, only to introduce a whole bunch more.

Ludens

Banned
The more I read about cut stuff in MGSV, the more I get depressed.
Now the question simply is: did Konami cut this stuff because of some problems, or just to introduce it later as paid DLCs or Substance version?

The amount of cut stuff is simply INSANE: skins, dialogues, bosses, episodes, Camp Omega.
Strange thing is, Konami cut some stuff already showed during first trailers for the game, so why?

Hektor

Stare*

The stats aren't locked behind an account. It has the same amount of stats as the old ones. I assume the account just allows for more, showing less significant stats.

Now, keep playing TFB. It only gets better.

But i wasnt shown any stats after finishing like in the others. I was only left with the option to login into a telltale account, which i didnt do and after that the game returned to the main menu.

Got Lords of the Fallen Deluxe Edition, don't know when I'm going to play it though. Couldn't pass up that price, bet holiday sales won't go that low.

I really didnt liked that game despite beeing huge fan of the souls series.

The biggest gripe i had with it is how slow and clunky the characters are. Even the lightest class feels heavier then a fatty in Souls.

Mivey

Now the question simply is: did Konami cut this stuff because of some problems, or just to introduce it later as paid DLCs or Substance version?

The amount of cut stuff is simply INSANE: skins, dialogues, bosses, episodes, Camp Omega.
Strange thing is, Konami cut some stuff already showed during first trailers for the game, so why?
Why is the base assumption: All of this could have been in the game without affecting the developement time and costs (that are already quite high) at all.

Konami is not a comic book villain, they are idiots, sure, but incompetence does not equal malintent. If the majority of this stuff, could have been in the game without major problems, it would have.

Don't subscribe to much into conspiracy theories, not matter how much Metal Gear itself endulges in them.

Vuze

Wait, did they really cut Camp Omega? Didn't Kojima tease that you could revisit it in a "very unique" way or sth shortly before release?

Tizoc

Imagine if Kojima had a hand in that :p

All in all though I'm waiting for my brother to get back so he can finish Ground Zeroes, I told him it's very short so hopefully we can co-op it before he leaves to France then when he gets back we can play through MGS5 together. I personally am not arsed on playing it on my PS4 atm :/

Ludens

Banned
Why is the base assumption: All of this could have been in the game without affecting the developement time and costs (that are already quite high) at all.

Konami is not a comic book villain, they are idiots, sure, but incompetence does not equal malintent. If the majority of this stuff, could have been in the game without major problems, it would have.

Don't subscribe to much into conspiracy theories, not matter how much Metal Gear itself endulges in them.

Yeah, but they cut stuff like another ending, costumes, lines of dialogues...what is the point? Please explain it to me. I can agree with you that, way too often, a content is cut because it doesn't fit well with the rest of the game. Ok.
But more days pass, and much cut contents emerge. So something VERY bad happened or those contents will be available in a second moment (in the form of new edition of the game or DLCs).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Lets not forget the clusterfuck that is the wartable. There is some interesting lore and story stuff hidden in there, but it's quite easy to lose track of, well, everything.
There's simply too much stuff, just like the rest of the game, and having to wait 24 Hours for the mission to end and maybe continue a mission-chain is one of the most ridiculous gameplay decisions i've seen since all of Unity.
I couldn't follow a lot of those smaller stories because of it. I forgot whatever it was I chose this time and why.
Eventually, I just stopped caring.

Such a shame. I like the idea, but the execution is horrendous.

EDIT: I've been typing too slow, my apologies. :p

Pachimari

What was exactly cut from Metal Gear V? Do we know that, other than just general stuff like dialogue, bosses etc.? I know of:

• Camp Omega
  • End game boss
  • Multiple bosses(?)
  • 2 maps (?)
  • 1 chapter(?)
  • Alternate ending(?)

Hektor

What was exactly cut from Metal Gear V? Do we know that, other than just general stuff like dialogue, bosses etc.? I know of:

• Camp Omega
  • End game boss
  • Multiple bosses(?)
  • 2 maps (?)
  • 1 chapter(?)
  • Alternate ending(?)

A huge ammount of Skins and equipment for
D-Walker

Probably also a lot of Motherbase related stuff, since walking around on it has pretty much no use. Outside of that one thing.

Chariot

Battle Gear
More than one place with surveillance
Places that have the drones and motion detectora from FOB gameplay
Mote helicopters

hi guys

long time no see

Metal Gear Solid is eating up my time
hi
I looove the gameplay, too bad it didn't have more mission varieties.

There's no planning ahead, that's the main issue. No ability queuing, a severely limited tactical cam, and the mind-bogglingly tiny command radius render the combat a step up from Diablo, if at all. It will make even basic planning a frustrating and largely fruitless affair--battles against dragons (where avoiding AoE damage is critical) really drives the issues home. This is without getting into the flawed skill trees and companion AI, that artificially limit skill use and end up giving every character far more abilities than they'll ever need, not that they'd use them properly anyways.

Just wholesale copying of DAO's combat would've been far better than the half-baked systems they put in DAI.

That's what you get by designing the game with controllers and real time combat in mind, pause function is there because so Bioware could say the game is RTwP.

Holding trigger for continuous attack is the new press A for awesome.

Which is very disheartening because they won't change the formula too much in the future. As I said, my most disappointing game last year. There's very little positive in their whole combat system and I doubt they are going to completely re-make the whole thing from scratch.
I think DA:I simply came out at the right time, filling that void of AAA epic WRPG. There's no way it'd be received that well if it came after or up against Witcher 3. But still, fuck the mainstream game sites for eating all that crap up.

AHA-Lambda

Omg, DAI is already putting me to sleep! D:

Battle Gear
More than one place with surveillance
Places that have the drones and motion detectora from FOB gameplay
Mote helicopters

That's not fair! I distinctly recall two security cameras in my 50+ hours with the game XD

• Camp Omega
  • End game boss
  • Multiple bosses(?)
  • 2 maps (?)
  • 1 chapter(?)
  • Alternate ending(?)

- "80's Filter": Cut (likely in early production) for being system-intensive.
- Camp Omega Special Mission (E3 2013 Trailer): Cut for unknown reasons.
- P.T Active Decoy ("Lisa") (2014 TGS gameplay presentation): Presumably cut for relationship to the cancelled "Silent Hills" project.
- PS4/Steam-Branded Cardboard Boxes: Cut for unknown reasons.
- Missing Delivery Point Invoices (missing locations?): Removed for unknown reasons.
- Usable Battle Gear during free-roam (Piggyback Collector's Edition strategy guide): Cut for balance reasons.
- Roaming animals on Command Platform: Cut for unknown reasons.
- Unused "Chapter 3 - Peace" Title Card: Unused for unknown reasons.
- "Burned/Skull Boss" Model (Kojima 2015 Launch Trailer): Unused for unknown reasons.
- Unused Snake/Paz Interactions: Cut for unknown reasons.
- Unused (General) Snake Dialogue: Cut for unknown reasons.
- Africa Burning Village Cutscene (E3 2014 trailer): Cut for unknown reasons.
- Africa Child Soldier Training Cutscene: Cut for unknown reasons. The sequence can be seen via gameplay, but does not transition to a cutscene.
- TGS 2014 Africa Mission (TGS 2014 gameplay presentation)
- Mission 46 Unused Dialogue (found in game files): Cut for unknown reasons.
- "Mission 51" Unused Mission (found on CE Blu-Ray disc)
- Unused "Nuclear Waste Disposal" Ending: Cut for unknown reasons.
- Gearnuke article / Youtube link: Unused/unknown alternate costumes from the leaked script, including "Foxtrot". "Sandstorm", "Realtree", "Panther", "MGS3 Naked", "MGS3 Sneaking" and "MGS3 Tuxedo", along with buddy uniforms like "Horse_Parade" and "Horse_Western". Removed for unknown reasons.

The nuke disposal ending might be in the game, but it's unknown how to unlock it yet.

Yeah, at the same place :pNot cut.My guess: develop four nukes (max) and then dismantling everyone of them.

Like I said, it might be there, but no one really knows how to access it yet. If it isn't, I'll amend my list.

The fact that there's an entire ending dedicated to something so obtuse (and containing very important story content, which would force you to torpedo your Heroism score) is silly in the first place.

Maniac

Banned
wait r u ocaling me stupid

You can be part of the 5% if you wish.

People also love the wank that EA, Activision and Ubisoft jizz out. The general masses are hella dumb, and they're the ones being catered to in the vast majority of big productions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom