• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Anyway, I'm really enjoying MGSV but...sadly, this won't be my GOTY.
Witcher 3 is so much better compared to MGSV.
And as a hard-core fan, it's sad to admit this, but it's true.

This is how I feel too, MGSV is a great game but witcher 3 is much better.
Even though I usually dislike RPGs and like stealth games.

You guys really getting upset over a list? I barely played on PC in the second half of the 90's even though I started out as a PC gamer, it was mostly consoles and arcades for me.
It's no secret that the majority of gaf are console gamers, especially up until a few years ago.

I have to agree with this. I played only PC during the 90s so I would have a different list too but I know well enough that you'll have console games winning out every time on this forum.

Pachimari

I loved Goldeneye 007. I didn't play it much, but it was so much fun in multiplayer.
Unreal Tournament on Dreamcast is up there as well.

Arthea

Are you guys saying me that tW3 will be steamgaf goty? because you can't take those words back and if MGS will win, you'll never hear the end of it!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Are you guys saying me that tW3 will be steamgaf goty? because you can't take those words back and if MGS will win, you'll never hear the end of it!

nah, probably will end up being sakura beach or something.
inb4 clicker heroes as steamgaf goty

derExperte

Thank you.

Don't thank me yet, you'll end up with about two dozen recommendations which others will call the worst mice ever made. The recent Logitechs seem to be well liked overall though, everything else is more controversial.

I like the Roccat Kone Pure Optical, fits my small-ish hand perfectly and has a very good sensor but the rubber surface is starting to feel sticky/grimy while it actually isn't. Next time I'll get something with hard plastic again.

Arthea

Ehhhh, don't know about that. I'm not a Blizzard fan at all but SC1 was hella good in that it worked for hardcore RTS players as well as casuals like me who got dragged along due to the story.

Lists can be fun but you either need to make sure that the voters aren't heavily skewed towards one platform or just do separate votes to begin with. Especially in the 90s PC gaming was doing its completely own thing. For example getting back to GE one last time, splitscreen is cute and all but on PC lots people were already playing online and doing things like modding / downloading custom levels we today take as granted. That's the reason why Q2 was considered a pretty good game, single player meh, mutiplayer woah.

Oh, I know that SC is very popular and it always win in those kinda lists, I still don't agree

This is actually very controversial topic and not as straightforward as you think. You probably forgot or just not have taken notice, but even back then we never could agree which shooter is the best and why, there were wars raging on about it. I'm talking about PC shooters, not GE, who cares about GE?

derExperte

This is actually very controversial topic and not as straightforward as you think. You probably forgot or just not have taken notice, but even back then we never could agree which shooter is the best and why, there were wars raging on about it. I'm talking about PC shooters, not GE, who cares about GE?

Oh I remember the short but brutal wars fought between the superior Quake masters and puny Unreal peasants who thought they ever had a chance. Fools.

Don't thank me yet, you'll end up with about two dozen recommendations which others will call the worst mice ever made. The recent Logitechs seem to be well like overall, everything else is more controversial.

I like the Roccat Kone Pure Optical, fits my small-ish hand perfectly and has a very good sensor but the rubber surface is starting to feel sticky/grimy although it isn't. Next time I'll get something with hard plastic again.
I'm eyeing Logitech G502 right now, seems well received. My soon to be retired Sensei RAW has rubber surface, it looks like a cheap CS:GO gun skin now.

Hektor

I thought about S-Ranking all missions in MGSV since I'd have only 11 left.
Then i suddenly remembered that i'd have to replay mission 45.

U7Hfw.gif

derExperte

I'm eyeing Logitech G502 right now, seems well received. My soon to be retired Sensei RAW has rubber surface, it looks like a cheap CS:GO gun skin now.

If I had to buy something new right now I'd probably get the G402, don't need the bigger one's extra buttons and supposedly the scrollwheel of the 402 is better.

you wanna war?! War you'll get!

Oh you're one of them. I should've noticed the signs. And the funny smell.

dex3108

Mad Max scared sh*t out of me. I got BSOD in the middle of the game and after reboot i started game but game said save is corrupted and it started playing intro again. There wasn't Resume option in menu only New Game. But when i checked Auto-Save slots my save was there and game started without issues where i left. I already thought that my 18+hours save is gone.

Parsnip

It's a shame that I can't find a good mouse that suits me anymore. There never seems to be any good wireless mice that sit somewhere between regular 3 button mouse and a monster gaming mouse these days. One with one extra button under the wheel. I only need that one extra button.

Or I'm looking in the wrong places.

madjoki

Mad Max scared sh*t out of me. I got BSOD in the middle of the game and after reboot i started game but game said save is corrupted and it started playing intro again. There wasn't Resume option in menu only New Game. But when i checked Auto-Save slots my save was there and game started without issues where i left. I already thought that my 18+hours save is gone.

Set up backups for every 15min or so and this won't be a problem ever again.

Windows File History is excellent for this, since it only copies modified files saving some space.

I was looking at some Ubisoft games on SteamDB and looks like
will have achievements. Didn't expect it even though Zombi had them too.

Other Ubi-games has these too, but no achievements.

Maniac

Banned
If I look at some of the proported cuts, especially with cutscenes (and some of the dialogue would have end up as a cutscene, MGSV does not have a dialogue system), it could have been a creative choice on the part of Kojima. The game is clearly distancing itself from the earlier cutscene heavy entrances, so it might make sense to remove certain scenes that he feels are not useful for his vision?

With the skins, I dunno, maybe they were so busy trying to finish everything that some stuff was just left out because of time constraints? Especially with something as huge as a special ending set piece, it must have been a very though choice to cut, but it might have been necessary to ensure the quality of the overall game.
The quality of the overall game is definitely hurt by the amount of content that's been cut, and the fact that a lot of it was clearly rushed and thus some things are underwhelming and some are just obviously unfinished. So the "overall quality" angle isn't very fitting in this particular case, I feel.
Don't thank me yet, you'll end up with about two dozen recommendations which others will call the worst mice ever made. The recent Logitechs seem to be well liked overall though, everything else is more controversial.

I like the Roccat Kone Pure Optical, fits my small-ish hand perfectly and has a very good sensor but the rubber surface is starting to feel sticky/grimy while it actually isn't. Next time I'll get something with hard plastic again.

The Kone is old but gold, however it's a terrible mouse for those with bigger hands, but I do love having it as a secondary mouse.

My SteelSeries Sensei RAW's middle button stopped working, I need mouse recommendations.

I'm told Mionix has become what Razer used to be: Nice aesthetics, great comfort, good ergonomics and really good sensors without being overpriced. So exactly the opposite of what Razer has 'become' - The Mionix Castor is currently on Massdrop, if that's a possibility for you I think I'd recommend it; it's really quite cheap there at the moment. Also I have one of them there referral links, if you want one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's a shame that I can't find a good mouse that suits me anymore. There never seems to be any good wireless mice that sit somewhere between regular 3 button mouse and a monster gaming mouse these days. One with one extra button under the wheel. I only need that one extra button.

Or I'm looking in the wrong places.

Sounds like the newest Razer Mamba might be good for you? If they haven't changed it too much it shouldn't be as troubled as a lot of their other recent peripherals. I'm on my second Mamba (this time a '2012 edition') and the first one lasted me over 5 years, this one has lasted me three thus far, and the only thing I had problems with was the cord, which was promptly replaced without me having to do anything but send an email.

But again, since I haven't had my hands on the newest Mamba Chroma or whatever, then I can't tell you whether or not it's good, but the customisable force in both the main buttons aswell as two buttons below the scroll wheel (that can be customised to do anything you want, though by default they're for switching DPI) sounds pretty good, and I've always loved the ergonomics of the Mamba, it's basically the only mouse I've had thus far that's been a perfect fit for my hand.

Although I really want to try a Mionix mouse next time 'round. My mate bought a Castor, and once it arrives I'm gonna be nicking it for a bit to see.

madjoki

Must have missed it then.

Heroes VII releases on 29th, so we'll see.

Checked via Steam APIs and Heroes VII does indeed have some achievements.
While Anno does not have.

I checked these when Zombi was released and then it didn't have, so these are somewhat recent.

Code:
{
	"achievementpercentages": {
		"achievements": [
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_STRONGHOLD_2",
				"percent": 5.7142858505249023
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_STRONGHOLD_1",
				"percent": 4.2857146263122559
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_NECROPOLIS_2",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_NECROPOLIS_1",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_STRONGHOLD_3",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_HAVEN_2",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_HAVEN_1",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_DUNGEON_1",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_STRONGHOLD_4",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_ACADEMY_1",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_DUNGEON_2",
				"percent": 2.8571429252624512
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_SYLVAN_2",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_NECROPOLIS_5",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_NECROPOLIS_4",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_NECROPOLIS_3",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_ACADEMY_2",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_SYLVAN_1",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_HAVEN_3",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_DUNGEON_4",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_DUNGEON_3",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_SYLVAN_3",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_HAVEN_4",
				"percent": 1.4285714626312256
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_ACADEMY_4",
			},
			{
				"name": "UACH_MAP_ACADEMY_3",
			},
			{
				"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_TEST_LLAMA_01",
			},
			{
				"name": "ACHIEVEMENT_TEST_LLAMA_02",
				"percent": 0
			}
		]

}
}

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

As someone who uses G502, it's a great mouse, fast, responsive, with some weights it gets heavy enough for me and it's comfotrable.
Don't know how the G402 is but it should be good to if you don't need all the functionality or the "form-factor" of a G502.

Dr.Acula

Banned

I still haven't played Pillars of Eternity. These games are too long!

How long was Shadowrun HK? I may play that after TW3. It's prolly 25 hrs though, right?

The only worthwhile list is SteamGAF's GOTY Awards. Even if Transistor was robbed last year.
My man.

MGSV still has my vote. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I still haven't played Pillars of Eternity. These games are too long!

How long was Shadowrun HK? I may play that after TW3. It's prolly 25 hrs though, right?
20~25 hours long easily.

Maniac

Banned
I haven't had a Logitech product for years. I hate their headsets, cause they tend to be a bit crap and not last very long, but their mice and keyboards are reminiscent of old Nokias. They're hella durable.

Tizoc

I'd participate in the GotY voting for Steam, but one of my GotY contenders will harld ymake the top 20 spot cuz you people don't appreciate fun games and are cheap shmucks.

As someone who uses G502, it's a great mouse, fast, responsive, with some weights it gets heavy enough for me and it's comfotrable.
Don't know how the G402 is but it should be good to if you don't need all the functionality or the "form-factor" of a G502.
I'm still considering, but look-wise I much prefer G402, 502 looks too game-y to me.

Arthea

Logitech is so last year. In spite of this they make good keyboards and mice.

that is truly awful, everything: campaign, video, logo.
I understand that younguns need something to do, but why ruin company image? Make some new brand if you need to, leave what's not broken unbroken.

Has anyone elses activity page been wonky for the last few days? Completely blank or only loads days from a few days ago and if it does eventually load it won't load the next day. It's a problem on multiple browsers, the client even on multiple computers/tablets.

Everything steam related has been wonky all week. Activity feed is not loading most of the time also, now too

Has anyone elses activity page been wonky for the last few days? Completely blank or only loads days from a few days ago and if it does eventually load it won't load the next day. It's a problem on multiple browsers, the client even on multiple computers/tablets.

Steam in general has been wonky the last couple of days.

I preferred this Shani:

Hopefully she can be modded in.

Lmao what is this, a fan mod? "Let's make Shani look better by completely removing all of her visual trademarks." Pshaw! I cannot abide such wanton conceptual desecration.

This is Shani:
that is truly awful, everything: campaign, video, logo.
I understand that younguns need something to do, but why ruin company image? Make some new brand if you need to, leave what's not broken unbroken.
You don't realise what you have until it's already gone. This apparently holds true for corporations as well.

I hope the main quest in Hearts of Stone has nothing to do with the Man of Glass and is actually a 10 hour romantic comedy involving Triss, Yen and Shani as Geralt gets up to lovelorn hijinks with the help of his old friend Dandelion and learns a little about himself along the way.

Lmao what is this, a fan mod? "Let's make Shani look better by completely removing all of her visual trademarks." Pshaw! I cannot abide such wanton conceptual desecration.

This is Shani:
She looks extremely good, can't wait to have some fun time with her in the next expansion.

Dsyndrome

First two Mega Man games down, four more to go for the collection. I don't know how anyone beat the first one without save states and glitches, so rough getting through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom