• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

so uh

latest Air Skin update removes the showing of your steam wallet credit

which they had added before cause people wanted

great job

Salsa

jshackles I gotta leeeaveee ;_;

wJW49z8.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
this is why they dont call you back

That was a faster response than Steam Support could even have wet dreams about

In all seriousness though, that looks like Steam's servers shitting the bed and there is (unfortunately) nothing I can do to fix that.

abracadaver

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story about my Uncle -- MB-12758B8FD131F440 - Taken by lindarasta. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Demonicon: The Dark Eye -- MB-1569F7A4EF15D943 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Eidolon -- MB-8F7CF045D68327B5 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-3E8AA56B053A498A - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

t1442434104z1.png

Blizzard

Banned
Is the Steam phone number verification thing broken for anyone else?
I already put my number in (and verified it) yet I'm getting the "you need to add a phone number, blablabla" message again.
I have the same thing. Every time I restart Steam, I get the big green banner. If I click to add a phone number, it shows my phone number is already in there. If anyone finds a trick to make it go away that'd be nice.

Grief.exe

so uh

latest Air Skin update removes the showing of your steam wallet credit

which they had added before cause people wanted

great job

I'm not saying it's in there, but did you check th config settings for a variable?

To be fair, having a number on the screen will ruin the minimalistic look. Do you really need to have your wallet value shown constantly? It's readily available in your account page.

rtcn63

Did anyone ever pay into that game? I know modbot was handing out those DI moba gifts like crazy. They may have even been self-replicating at one point.

Jawmuncher

ETA to a Saint's Row MOBA?
Every single person who approved of the Dead Island MOBA should have mandatory drug tests every day. What on earth were they thinking?

They probably fired them long ago, where they went on to make the DC Batman MOBA that closed down a while back.

The King of Fighters MOBA is next.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay so I said I wasn't going to talk about this much but I just wanted to say:

After posting about this year's Extra Life marathon in here earlier and also posting on the Enhanced Steam group, I am absolutely blown away and incredibly humbled by the response I've got so far. In less than 24 hours the Enhanced Steam Extra Life has already raised $273 - nearly 30% of my initial $1,000 goal. For perspective, this is already more money than Enhanced Steam raised (in total) for 2013's marathon, and is about 1/3 of what was raised in 2014. All in less than 24 hours.

I know a lot of these donations are coming in from GAFers and I just wanted to extend my deepest thanks to all of you for your support. Seriously, you guys are awesome!

Another thing, the MOBA would have been 1 of 5 Dead Island games.

Dead Island - 2011
Dead Island Riptide - 2013
Escape Dead Island - 2014
Dead Island Epidemic (MOBA) - Early access planned for 2015, cancelled
Dead Island 2 - Planned for 2016, it's original developer was dropped, and I do not know who took it over.

Stop trying to make Dead Island happen.

Hektor

Shocking. Who would've expected that game to fail?

Dead Island - 2011
Dead Island 2 - Planned for 2016, it's original developer was dropped, and I do not know who took it over.

Dont forget that they're making a movie too.

Dead Island - 2011

Dying Light has completely replaced Dead Island. Better concept, better execution, and far better game.

Jawmuncher

Dead Island - 2011

To be fair the original sold a ton, more than was even projected. Plus Dying Light (while not Deep Silver but the same developer) has been a run away success. People want good zombie games. Though the issue is everything on that list outside of the first game wasn't that. Yeah we can argue about the quality of DI1 like we do Borderlands, but the game obviously has/had it's fans. Really there should have been nothing more than 1, Riptide, and 2.

I think the break for Dead Island 2 will be a good thing. It's biggest issue is that it needs to come out not close to borderlands 3. People love their loot fests, but it's obvious which one people will pick.

I am insanely impressed at how Deep Silver managed to make and subsequently break that franchise with just a single trailer. I think it just came to overzealousness, like, they sorta panicked when they had a hit on their hand and didn't know what to do.

Uzzy

So, because I'm clearly a masochist, I've gone and spent some time watching gameplay of the Ghost in the Shell game, and at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to convince myself of something, it doesn't look that rubbish. It doesn't look great, nor is it a good use of the license, but it's not that terrible.

A ringing endorsement that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom