• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

There are people who want to go in a game mostly/completely blind AND read this particular thread. Spoiler tagging hurts less than not, and it's not like it requires any real effort. I don't want to ruin anyone's day, because I wouldn't want them ruining mine.

If this were the MGSV OT thread, probably a different story. But I wouldn't recommend reading through that thread unless you've finished the game, as people tend to be a bit too lax with tags.

That music.. why?

So uh, anyway. Positives. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voicing the Major is awesome, gives me a little hope. (Beats Arise in that regard!) The gameplay looks about what I expected, and her character design isn't that bad.

That's it I suppose. Terrible, terrible waste of a license, on which I will only spend maybe 75% of my disposable income.
Uzzy please, I know you love the franchise but, you don't have to support this.

uh oh better watch out Umbrella Corps
Umbrella corps has to be better than this.

This is not what I want out of a GitS video game. :(
Yeah for real.

Has any GiTs game been better than just "okay"?
I haven't played it personally but that PS1 game is looked back with praise. Not to mention that opening movie.

Infaune please

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fixed. Back to the Future is their best game and should be played by as many people as possible.

I'm (selfishly, I admit) part of the problem because I'm really loving the "remaster" trend. I missed most of the Xbox 360 / PS3 console era, and now I'm getting to play the best versions of the most popular of these games on my PS4.

Also, I love how people think this is anything new. Nintendo released Super Mario All Stars in 1993 and it was essentially the first wide-spread commercially successful "remaster" - bringing several beloved games from one console to take advantage of new hardware in the form of updated graphics. I still love the shit out of Mario All-Stars, and even though remasters are much more commonplace now than they used to be your point about bringing it to as wide an audience as possible is right on point.

Also, I agree that BttF was a great game (though certainly not their best) and I'm looking forward to playing it again on the PS4.

Uzzy

So the beta signup. Question 1 lacks the appropriate answer for me, but seeing stuff like Battlefield, COD and Destiny mentioned next to Ghost in the Shell does make me a little sad.

4GnamKR.png

Soulflarz

Banned
"im not a robot" having to be checked is kind of hilarious >_>

And yeah, what's question one. Seriously. I've heard of GitS plenty but I've never seen it, ;-;

Caerith

So the beta signup. Question 1 lacks the appropriate answer for me, but seeing stuff like Battlefield, COD and Destiny mentioned next to Ghost in the Shell does make me a little sad.

Maybe if you support it enough they'll make a Ghost in the Shell-themed MMO you can play while reading the lore on an app on your phone.

the fallacy with remasters is that dev/pub efforts should be put towards making new stuff

but these tend to be smaller projects done wetworks style from smaller companies who might have issues finding work otherwise.

the cost of these projects is pretty small so it's a dumb line of reasoning to think we would be in a world filled with nonstop new AAA IPs and releases if only these remasters didn't exist.

finally, the only thing that will stop remasters and rereleases is people not buying them. You can't fault a company meeting demand with supply. People purchasing remasters doesn't mean that we will no longer have AAA releases ever again.

so in short, there's no valid argument against remasters that doesn't come off as a bit of unneeded whining from folks not understanding how the business surrounding these things works.

I can't believe I spent over 50 hours in MGS V and never got the gun customisation =/

I found out yesterday that the reason i wasn't getting those missions was due to not doing the STUN ARM blueprint side op. I never use that fucking thing so i just never bothered with that mission. It seems that if you dont do it, the game doesn't reveal the Legendary Gunsmith missions. kinda BS really.

rtcn63

I can't believe I spent over 50 hours in MGS V and never got the gun customisation =/

It's because the game doesn't count it as an important (yellow) side op. Another tip is to do the 'hunt legendary animal' and "wandering motherbase soldier' side quests. The former unlocks upgrades IIRC, and the latter rewards you with photographs, some of which can be shown to a certain NPC in the medical bay.

rtcn63

And I want to stress, that MGSV is one of those games filled with 'little things' that cumulatively feel great when discovering them on your own, so I try not to spoiler. There's even a thread dedicated to them on the Gaming side.

once you finish the first story mission in Africa (Mission 13) you get a series of Side-Op missions (3 of them) to rescue a Legendary Gunsmith...finish one to unlock the next and when you finish the 3rd one it unlocks weapon customization

spoiler'd it just in case

I'm at mission 23 I think, I need to play those ASAP! I was wondering why the hell I would have to develop a weapon that already equipped a silencer instead of having the ability to put a silencer on any weapon developed

AHA-Lambda

I found out yesterday that the reason i wasn't getting those missions was due to not doing the STUN ARM blueprint side op. I never use that fucking thing so i just never bothered with that mission. It seems that if you dont do it, the game doesn't reveal the Legendary Gunsmith missions. kinda BS really.

Yeah, I've heard that, but I've actually done that side op and yet still never got the gunsmith one =/

Pachimari

It's not point-to-point a la Google Fibre but instead delivered via a PON network. The presently available speed tiers are thus (in Mbps):

- 12/1
- 25/5
- 50/20
- 100/40
- 250/100
- 500/200
- 1000/400

100/40 is the sweet spot in terms of pricing at the moment, and in fact I'm not aware of any ISP that offers plans beyond 100/100 due to the short-sighted bandwidth pricing system. I'd love to move up to 250/100 one day, but not at significant expense.

Oh, here in Denmark, I'm paying for 60/60. But I'm thinking, maybe it is my cheap router that is the fault of my connection losses.

Is it Waoo! Fiber? If so, I'd really recommend getting a high-end router from either Netgear (like their Nighthawk series), ASUS' newer routers or a reasonably high-end D-Link or Linksys. When I got fiber I had a lot of issues with it, and it turned out my old-ish Netgear router simply wasn't compatible, leading to connectivity issues, bottlenecking and problems with the wireless connection.

Yes it is. I actually bought the Nighthawk, but returned it without opening it. Maybe I should just have kept it. Thanks for this, I'm definitely gonna look into it again!

didn't know there may be prerequisites you have to do Side-Op wise to get the gun customizing ones to unlock...though I had already done all the ones mentioned before so dunno

Salsa

got Arkham Knight basically spoiled on the MGSV Spoiler thread

thanks Kojima. it wasnt enough to fuck with me with that shitty ending was it

got Arkham Knight basically spoiled on the MGSV Spoiler thread

thanks Kojima. it wasnt enough to fuck with me with that shitty ending was it

shhhh i havent played Arkham and im only halfway through MGSV shhhhhush

did you call that poster out though? you might save others from the same issue

rtcn63

Remember when the goldenjoystick awards voting spoiled a bunch of high profile games if you weren't just mindlessly clicking? Good times.

wonder if there will be a way to rip the Tom Wilson Biff stuff from Remaster to the Future or will TT do the reasonable thing and give PC gamers some sort of option to get that stuff without needed to repurchase the game at full price

Salsa

shhhh i havent played Arkham and im only halfway through MGSV shhhhhush

did you call that poster out though? you might save others from the same issue

eh im being kinda over-sensitive. he basically just said people called the twist

I guess people called lots of things so its not like im sure who was right

but.. I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom