• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
gafmmga10uip.jpg

- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle.

Mad Max -- Taken by Zarill. 147 entrants total.
Dang, I shouldn't have eaten and watched TV. Pretty high number for 15 minutes o_O
https://twitter.com/Alienware/status/644246826980249600

We are playing the new #MadMax game on our #AlienwarePlays stream today and we've got Steam codes! 4PM PT, 7PM ET
Another chance arises.

iosefe

fun fact. i opened the tab where there was a minute remianing, but didn't look at the tab until i was 4 minutes too late. but didn't realize it

ModBot has a wayward PM from me

pls ignore

Saoirse beautiful

Grief.exe

Did we already know this?

KOTOR 2 Getting 20 New Crowd-Sourced Achievements

I wish more developers/publishers of older games did this sort of stuff.

I've been meaning to do another playthrough, but this just makes it more fun.

Have them crowd-source for KOTOR 1 and we'll be all set!

Disney could just keep going along those lines indefinitely.

Hire a team to fix up old ports and add modern features such as achievements. I wonder if Aspyr's work caused a large influx of sales to continually justify this strategy.

Of course, we just want some Stubbs.

rtcn63

Finished MGSV (ending)
I called that from the start. But I don't care, it was a fun ride. And it's not exactly out of character for the series. The passport should've showed Snake's named as "Jimmy", cause he be leaving a trail of rustlin'.

I didn't give a shit about anyone in MGS4. Here, I liked almost everyone. Even Huey was played well.

Can people explain to me why PC gamers kinda flip their shit over 30fps locks? If we're talking about a first person shooter or a third person action game (Devil May Cry for example) I understand that the framerate is important as it can directly impact the responsiveness of the gameplay.

I'm not one of those "24fps feels filmic" nutters you see crop up in discussions about framerate. I understand how framerate can have a direct impact on certain genres gameplay and in general it's just nicer and smoother playing at 60fps versus 30fps. That said, wiht some games and genres I will take a stable 30fps cap over variable 60fps. And if certain games are capped at 30fps, like say a port of a console jrpg, I'm fine with that.

L.O.R.D

Can people explain to me why PC gamers kinda flip their shit over 30fps locks? If we're talking about a first person shooter or a third person action game (Devil May Cry for example) I understand that the framerate is important as it can directly impact the responsiveness of the gameplay.

I'm not one of those "24fps feels filmic" nutters you see crop up in discussions about framerate. I understand how framerate can have a direct impact on certain genres gameplay and in general it's just nicer and smoother playing at 60fps versus 30fps. That said, wiht some games and genres I will take a stable 30fps cap over variable 60fps. And if certain games are capped at 30fps, like say a port of a console jrpg, I'm fine with that.
when you buy a card that cost $650 and you get lousy reason from the developers that say 30 FPS is better , now that make some people mad

People don't like paying $500-$1000 or more for their hardware and then being told that not every game will put their hardware to maximum use. Kind of an entitlement thing where you want the most out of your investment regardless of reasons why it's not as feasible as one would think it to be.

For me, in the case of games that appear on other platforms the only thing I want is an experience at least equal to the best version available on any other platforms. Anything past that is icing on the cake.

I guess I have low standards or something.

Salsa

remember when I said JaseC would play MGSV for 10 hours tops even when he was super excited about the release day

remember how he responded and got all on me like he'll "never stop playing" or whatever

ZVLdhCT.png

I retroactively deserve that giveaway now

PC gaming is about choice and options and having a locked framerate goes directly against that. I'm sure you would take a locked 30 over a variable 60, but would you take a locked 30 over a locked 60, 120, or 144? Certain games are just ported to PC without taking advantage of the benefits of the platform, it's the exact same thing when a PS4 version of a game has a few less bushes because the Xbox doesn't also.

To some it's not a huge deal, but to others it comes of as lazy and cheap. PC gamers are paying the same $60 but get a inferior version that doesn't take advantage of it's benefits because other platforms can't handle it.

Welp, just finished eating and I came back to this. Thanks for Mad Max, will enjoy it asap <3
Sorry guys :(

Don't be sorry, congrats and enjoy killing Australian people with cars and your fists like JaseC wanted :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
remember when I said JaseC would play MGSV for 10 hours tops even when he was super excited about the release day

remember how he responded and got all on me like he'll "never stop playing" or whatever

ZVLdhCT.png

I retroactively deserve that giveaway now

<3 Mad Max.

The keys to the kingdom are laying forgotten in a dish.

JOgT12p.png

To be fair, he was busy with real life stuff and didn't have access to my games for a few months.

Edit: I think Dying Light is one of the few games that aren't shareable because magical reasons, hence the demo. (Seriously, it is impossible to get games that should show up, to show up.)

Having access to Jase's kingdom sure sounds awesome but you gotta look at how much you are playing usually. Having almost all games doesn't give you more time or will automatically lead to you upping your game time.
Still waiting for Family Share to enable simultaneous play, so that Jase makes another raffle >_>

Having access to Jase's kingdom sure sounds awesome but you gotta look at how much you are playing usually. Having almost all games doesn't give you more time or will automatically lead to you upping your game time.
Still waiting for Family Share to enable simultaneous play, so that Jase makes another raffle >_>

I don't see that every happening, maybe a select few multiplayer games could do it as a feature or something but as a system wide setting I don't see it.

Salsa

I might try Arkham Knight tonight to see if its tolerable and what I play next

otherwise i'll continue TW3 but I feel more like starting The New Order actually..

dont even feel like bothering with the couple missions I have left on MGSV after that ending

Shantom

Tales of Zestiria is an Action RPG from a series with a long history of 60FPS battles. It's not some turn based game where a 30FPS lock would be sort of acceptable.

Adnor

Banned
I might try Arkham Knight tonight to see if its tolerable and what I play next

otherwise i'll continue TW3 but I feel more like starting The New Order actually..

dont even feel like bothering with the couple missions I have left on MGSV after that ending

The New Order is fantastic. Best shooter in years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welp, I'm entering into Open World™ hell. Just bought Arkham Knight, MGSV, and The Witcher 3
and a PS4.

Congrats
on getting the best non-PC gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom