• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for Counter-Strike on How Long to Beat yields some interesting results.

CPMz_9ZVAAAIWCJ.png:large
You can tell which of those games have a campaign and which don't.

Oh whoa.
I goofed.

Check this post for an Apogee throwback pack code
??????

Continue checking this post for a ZAR code
!!!!!!

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas. Here is Wizardry 6 AND 7
;;;;;;;;

Sini

After 4 months of waiting I finally got an response from Steam support
We're sorry for the delay. We're currently experiencing much higher traffic than normal, and are asking anyone needing help to read the information below.

If you still need assistance, you *must* respond to this message after reviewing this information. Doing so will place you in queue for an expedited response. The information below is known to fix the majority of issues, and often times saves users a ticket. Again – we apologize for the delay.

If you no longer require assistance, you can ignore this message and your ticket will close automatically.

After 4 months of waiting I finally got an response from Steam support
Damn man 4 months!? That's inexcusable. Thank god ive yet to have an issue where i need to contact customer support. Instead of media outlets praising steam they need to start calling them out on that shit man. What makes it worse is that after 4 months its a bot reply :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you ask me, they are both pretty good actually.

I have to agree with this (to a point).

The mechanics of Bionic Commando are actually really good and satisfying, but everything else kind of fails the game. That's why the multiplayer was surprisingly fun: it just focused on what worked in the game.

Rearmed is the more polished and consistent experience, though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reading that the upcoming RPG Maker MV uses Javascript as it's code engine, can export to Windows/Android/iOS/HTML5, and supports resolutions up to 816x624 (while still not fantastic but certainly better than VX offers) has me rethinking my stance on making a game soon.

Dr Dogg

Reading that the upcoming RPG Maker MV uses Javascript as it's code engine, can export to Windows/Android/iOS/HTML5, and supports resolutions up to 816x624 (while still not fantastic but certainly better than VX offers) has me rethinking my stance on making a game soon.

You ever have a mess about in Flash? Actionscript is very similar to Javascript (though AS is somewhat limited compared to JS) to the extent once you get your head around a couple of tutorials you could get a simple 2D platformer up and running in a day or 2 from nothing at all, even with an intermediate level of JS experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jan- Dragons Dogma + The Witness + Resident Evil Zero
Feb- Deus Ex + XCOM 2 + Mirrors Edge
March - The Division and possibly Street Fighter V

Dark Souls 3 - Prepare to Reschedule Edition

also persona 5 in june?

next year is gonna rock

just gotta get me some money to afford that juicy ps4

also i love it that march is nothing for me so i get some more time with deus ex etc

Annubis

Damn man 4 months!? That's inexcusable. Thank god ive yet to have an issue where i need to contact customer support. Instead of media outlets praising steam they need to start calling them out on that shit man. What makes it worse is that after 4 months its a bot reply :(

And people get mad when we don't answer them over the weekend here at my company =/

Oh whoa.
I goofed.

Check this post for an Apogee throwback pack code
??????

Continue checking this post for a ZAR code
!!!!!!

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas. Here is Wizardry 6 AND 7
;;;;;;;;
How weird. I activated a key from you here and I got the "Apogee Throwback Pack" screen afterwards. I check the storepage and on Steam but it doesn't show I own it o_O

Annubis

JavaScript does make things much easier than before.
Part of my life plan is to make a game at some point.

I do have a secret project that I've put hours into, although I'm not sure if the ordeal is worth the effort.
I'm trying to redo an old dating sim from 1995... although I'm thinking that I would get a C&D should word of it ever be said even though the IP is dead for sure.

inm8num2

Agreed. I actually learned some things about WWI I didn't know.

Yea I love those kinds of stories that weave a deeply personal narrative into a larger historical framework. The narration and interludes between playable sections work really well to tie gameplay sections together. Overall Valiant Hearts is one of the best games I've played in quite awhile.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

O3DX -- MB-A7C348E5145C4466 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-17CC90075CD166F0 - Taken by Hektor
Pester -- MB-BCABD14A5BB0CBE1 - Taken by fenners
Energy Balance -- MB-881C112A85E6525A - Taken by crazyrabbits
Pixel Poetry -- MB-33F14779D67CA5F6 - Taken by bkw
Crystal Towers 2 XL -- MB-2605E850D06B6A6B - Taken by madjoki
Ted By Dawn -- MB-AFE073CBC64995A7 - Taken by Madn
Oniken -- MB-EF2A7E2EA87B66E2 - Taken by Teppic
Spaceport Hope -- MB-2F02EA9117E2F86A - Taken by redlacs
Rooms: The Main Building -- MB-E31BA14374338D5E - Taken by Mikurden
Super Cyborg -- MB-7BF9D4C9BF3ABB52 - Taken by Kuroyume
Space Robot Samurai Zombie Slayer -- MB-A275A538EFB45920 - Taken by Diedac
Houston, We Have a Problem -- MB-A93DA9FB9FC23EAA - Taken by Kifimbo
Stray Cat Crossing -- MB-30627EC06E684F46 - Taken by BinaryPork2737
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-F59C9FC8A52760FA - Taken by fuzzy123
Stick RPG 2: Director's Cut -- MB-B353059E19799D26 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Proto Raider -- MB-5F487BDF95DF33D6 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Masterspace -- MB-695EBB7AA97CA9D1 - Taken by Eila
National Zombie Park -- MB-BA6DB84793B667AA - Taken by Henry Swanson
Sword of the Samurai -- MB-F2FCB28E8668F6DA - Taken by KainXVIII
Moonbase 332 #2 -- MB-BBF21DBEE90D27F3 - Taken by Loptous
Moonbase 332 -- MB-745CF2F1EE42EE07 - Taken by Belgarion
Synonymy -- MB-C4C4DE89DF3CDCC6 - Taken by ExoSoul
Naninights -- MB-183CE4F152889462 - Taken by bobnowhere

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You ever have a mess about in Flash? Actionscript is very similar to Javascript (though AS is somewhat limited compared to JS) to the extent once you get your head around a couple of tutorials you could get a simple 2D platformer up and running in a day or 2 from nothing at all, even with an intermediate level of JS experience.

I've done some Actionscript in the past but like you hinted at I found it to be pretty limiting.

The type of game I'd like to make could certainly be done in Flash, but with RPG Maker MV it looks like the majority of the work I would otherwise be doing on my own will be part of the game's engine anyway. The Javascript back-end is honestly what's got me the most excited for the engine, because that's where I kind of hit the wall with VX Ace - I know the basics of Ruby but not enough to do what I really wanted to. With JS running the code on the back-end, I feel like I could customize the engine the way I want it to run - meaning the game doesn't have to feel like your standard RPG Maker fare.

It looks like MV's English release is about 6 months out though the Japanese release is scheduled for "Winter 2015". It might be time to start putting some time together here and there to work out stuff like story/plot elements, characters, script, puzzles, etc for a few months so I can have a solid base to work from once the new engine is released.

from the Steam controller thread

Does anyone have any strong preferences in games I try out? Anything you are looking forward to playing?

Personally, I plan on using it mainly for strategy games and RPGs, but I'm curious about trying a lot more. Brothers, Dark Souls and Axiom Verge are high on my list of games to make videos of, because they are games that are designed for a traditional controller. I think I'm pretty excited about older shooters like System Shock 2, though I don't think it will play well from a couch -- either the text will be tiny, or it will be at an extremely low resolution.

Is there any other broad category of games, or specific game, that any of you would like me to make a video of? If you're not familiar with my videos, I tend to give each game about 10 minutes, either of me just starting out with it, or after an hour of play. I'll go over the controls, and try out some alternative control schemes. I try to help you get a better sense of the customization of the controller, because when you get your own controller, most of the games you play will probably have a fairly poor default.

Now that we're close to release, I might try to take more input from comments and see if I can publish public control schemes that are based on my videos.

we also have a couple of vids now

HOLY SHIT. They have fixed the redeeming.

Hooolyyyy. It takes less than a second to redeem a game now.

Also now my Steam icon opens Steam as another icon :/

yuraya

Jan- Dragons Dogma + The Witness + Resident Evil Zero
Feb- Deus Ex + XCOM 2 + Mirrors Edge
March - The Division and possibly Street Fighter V

Dark Souls 3 - Prepare to Reschedule Edition

Early next year is stacked. Wallet is gonna be hurting so lots of stuff not getting played lol. At least not at release.

Late year is gonna be good too with Mass Effect 4.

zkylon

zkylewd

yea, i was super confused yesterday about how fast it was

i kept thinking steam must be screwing something up

Caerith

That resolution is disappointing. I mean if you're going to be effectively rebuilding RPG Maker, why such an arbitrarily small resolution?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Now Valve just needs to bring back the ability to click "< Back" upon redeeming a key so redeeming multiple keys is oh-so-slightly easier.

jshackles

That resolution is disappointing. I mean if you're going to be effectively rebuilding RPG Maker, why such an arbitrarily small resolution?

Yeah, certainly strange. I'm hoping that can be extended somewhat - in VX Ace (for example) it can be brought all the way up to 640x480 which is a pretty good increase over the default size. Obviously games will be able to scale in fullscreen mode but... yeah.

The only justification I've seen for that rendering resolution is because they're also targeting handheld devices. But even that seems a bit archaic since most decent handheld phones and such have even higher resolutions than most PC monitors.

Annubis

The only justification I've seen for that rendering resolution is because they're also targeting handheld devices. But even that seems a bit archaic since most decent handheld phones and such have even higher resolutions than most PC monitors.

Probably because of this (example):
iphone-6-plus-screen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom