• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of RPG Maker stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Game Character Hub -- MB-5A7C5BCAF347D395 - Taken by bobnowhere
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-8E2219FD7B18A0AB - Taken by gurm3n
RPG Maker Old School Modern Resource Pack DLC -- MB-21C1E4240D2D15F0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
RPG Maker Rural Farm Tiles Resource Pack DLC -- MB-64881DC74A4E5A35 - Taken by Locust
RPG Maker DS Plus Resource Pack DLC -- MB-4C12D37544EF6655 - Taken by crazyrabbits
RPG Maker DS Resource Pack DLC -- MB-76FFA586683E558A - Taken by rainking187

Parsnip

I have to agree with this (to a point).

The mechanics of Bionic Commando are actually really good and satisfying, but everything else kind of fails the game. That's why the multiplayer was surprisingly fun: it just focused on what worked in the game.

Rearmed is the more polished and consistent experience, though.

Outside of mechanics, I actually ended up enjoying the story in BC as well. It's just the right kind of self serious dumb shit I eat for breakfast. And everyone's so angry in that game, I love it.

inm8num2

Now Valve just needs to bring back the ability to click "< Back" upon redeeming a key so redeeming multiple keys is oh-so-slightly easier.

I'd also love to see an intermediate/confirmation step before actually redeeming a key. For example, if I have a key but am not 100% sure if it's already been used/gifted, I could plug it in and check without redeeming anything. Maybe one day!

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jones On Fire -- MB-203B6455CE04E9A7 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
PIER SOLAR AND THE GREAT ARCHITECTS -- MB-9CB00AB32D0B65A2 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1442601519z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is the Duke 3d code in BundleStars bundle for Duke Nukem 3d or Duke Nukem 3d Megaton Edition?

Also, does buying the Apogee Throwback Pack get you Rise of the Triad: Dark War, or is that separate?

MUnited83

For you.
I shouldbt have activated the Duke Nukem codes, since I will need to buy the 3D realms anthology eventually because many of the titles aren't available to buy separately...

Dsyndrome

"Like it or not, PC is back, and it's bigger than ever. Whoooo whooo whooo!"

Gotta say, you were right, Prinny.

Done with school until the end of September, time to drink Belgium beer and actually beat some stuff, Stasis being the first to knock off.

https://youtu.be/NDRpsCVRQ8Y?t=1581

War score in Beyond Earth Rising Tide.

I hope they use Beyond Earth and Rising Tide as a petri dish for exploring systems for Civ VI. The espionage system in BE is great and it's something I hope they iterate on in the mainline series. Be interested to see how the diplomatic capital and trait system works out.

Blizzard

Banned
Steam keeps asking me for a phone number even though I already added one yesterday, any way to make that message go away?

It's so annoying

Nope. Even after 2 beta updates, and a total of 1 unregistration and 2 registrations, my phone number is back in the system and Steam still puts the green bar up every launch.

I am a little mind-boggled. I hope the feature works better than the programming for the feature check. :p
This seems to be fixed with the latest Steam beta update. No more green bar every time!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I know, definitely the worst part. But I'm hoping the engine can be expanded to at least 960x540 (which seems reasonable given VX Ace supports 544x416 but can be expanded to 640x480).

960x540 means it's only a 2x stretch for 1080p monitors. While (obviously) not ideal, it's still much better than what's currently available with VX Ace. We'll just have to wait until it's released to see what our options are and how it looks.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Data Hacker: Reboot -- MB-CFF94556784117C6 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Kingdom Wars 2: Battles -- MB-E4C39F0135111C45 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-FC6B84DFD0EDE80C - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-E7F85BC8B7F97306 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
CONSORTIUM -- MB-6CBD16047247C87A - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Project Druid : -- MB-7AD03EE9F90761B0 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-8F2517C35AA025E3 - Taken by bobnowhere
Collisions -- MB-DFE2A6B5C5F7B322 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Runers -- MB-EFB3147E265E0ECF - Taken by Arthea. 3 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-2ED1534526A2C662 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-6A3F52F8F53C2260 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-911A05F09C178AA0 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Painkiller Hell & Damnation -- MB-B3D35624A7C708F0 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-03538C21315FB2B4 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Cosmochoria -- MB-A1FFFC187B816A4D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Moonbase 332 -- MB-CD6E32F50585FFA1 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Project Druid : #2 -- MB-BEAC15ED34538AA2 - Taken by xGreg
Incognito -- MB-58D43233E794EBE6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.

t1442604699z1.png
Not sure about moonbase 332. I might have used that one.

BasilZero

Is the Duke 3d code in BundleStars bundle for Duke Nukem 3d or Duke Nukem 3d Megaton Edition?

Also, does buying the Apogee Throwback Pack get you Rise of the Triad: Dark War, or is that separate?

All 4 games are under "Apogee Throwback Pack" similar to how Sega Genesis games are in the "Genesis collection".

"Like it or not, PC is back, and it's bigger than ever. Whoooo whooo whooo!"

Gotta say, you were right, Prinny.

Done with school until the end of September, time to drink Belgium beer and actually beat some stuff, Stasis being the first to knock off.

LOL I told you! My favorite part of the episode was how PC Principle was completely unfazed by cartman trying to blackmail him as a pedophile and was more upset about cartman not using gender neutral labels.

Arthea

guys, I just uncovered biggest fraud in all steam history, we were lied to, blatantly, shamelessly, it's GTA no notGTA, it only looks like shit and plays like shit, but it's definitely GTA. What do we do now?

Caerith

I know, definitely the worst part. But I'm hoping the engine can be expanded to at least 960x540 (which seems reasonable given VX Ace supports 544x416 but can be expanded to 640x480).

960x540 means it's only a 2x stretch for 1080p monitors. While (obviously) not ideal, it's still much better than what's currently available with VX Ace. We'll just have to wait until it's released to see what our options are and how it looks.

I didn't see any mention for controller support, either, just mouse and touch. I guess I'll just wait and see how SPRG Maker turns out if it gets localized and come up with new excuses for not making games then.

Sch1sm

guys, I just uncovered biggest fraud in all steam history, we were lied to, blatantly, shamelessly, it's GTA no notGTA, it only looks like shit and plays like shit, but it's definitely GTA. What do we do now?

Now you buy the console versions, of course.

Knurek

They could just output at some sane resolution and use shaders to scale with scanlines, like Retroarch does. I mean... All of this was originally 256x224 and yet looks completely okay on just about any display you have:

Just finished Russia in Alpha Protocol. Defo the most boring area so far. Rome's hideout balcony with Jacuzzi already reigns supreme.
There's a code to bring it down to 110BRL (FOX-DIE-40)
Well I'll be. It does indeed come to about 25&#8364;. Since it's a key and I don't think it's runtime-locked to a region, you might be able to buy & activate via VPN?

If you told me 1 year ago that Nintendo would do a Humble Bundle and partner with GMG I would have declared you legally insane.

Between this, trying to shut down Let's Plays/speedruns of their games on YT, having virtually nothing to show for this holiday season and the Pokemon Company suing fan events, I'm pretty sure they've gone insane already.

jshackles

I didn't see any mention for controller support, either, just mouse and touch. I guess I'll just wait and see how SPRG Maker turns out if it gets localized and come up with new excuses for not making games then.

This article about MV on Nichegamer seems to indicate that it has built-in controller support:

The game will support touch play on both smartphones and tablets. You can also guide your party from one point to another, via touching the destination. The PC and Mac versions naturally support mouse and or keyboard controls, as well as gamepad support.

Hopefully that's true!

This is ridiculous. Konami wants to stop cheaters...by reporting them? And that link doesn't even work, since it redirect to a generic Konami's site.

I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that those daily rewards are supposed to be higher since TGS is going on and yesterday and today's reward are the normal amount...not the special higher one

just annoying..not game breaking

Nillansan

Deadly Premonition, maybe? I heard the PC port was garbage and had crash issues.

The PC port is a travesty.

If any version of that game is worse then the PC port I've had the misfortune of trying to play then may god help us all.

Deadly Premonition, maybe? I heard the PC port was garbage and had crash issues.

A late reply, apologies. Yes it is a poor port, but with some effort I managed to play the game down-sampled from 1440P to 1080P at a stable 60 FPS. The game did crash a few times and the game does seem to suffer from memory leaks, but I was able to play the game 5 to 6 hour stretches without much trouble and eventually 100% it. If the game started acting up, I would save and restart my PC.

JaDSLVB.png

These are the steps that I took towards a mostly trouble free experience (these steps will probably be deemed excessive by most of you, but I honestly thought it was worth it). Also, I am not saying that these will work any configuration.

1. I performed a completely fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
  2. I Installed the latest Nvidia drivers and downloaded Deadly Premonition.
  3. I ran the PhysX installation found within the Deadly Premonition REDIST folder (I did not play any other games that relied on PhysX as I was worried about compatibility issues due to the much older version of PhysX that was being installed).
  4. I configured DPFix to my liking and that was it.
I didn't change any Compatibility Modes as I wanted play the game with my Xbox 360 controller. My specifications are: Intel 3570K@4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM and a GTX 680 (sigh). The game was installed on a SSD.

I should probably also post this in the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom