• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

They may be some server issues at the moment as I can't buy anything.

That could explain why I can't idle cards with IdleMaster at the moment. It worked fine the past few days, but now it's stuck at "Sorting results based on your settings. Please wait...".

Arthea

IDK, everything seems to be fine here, then again, remember when back in 2013 (or was it 2012?) I couldn't buy anything on steam for a month nobody was having the same problem. steam, how does it work?

No such luck, I'm afraid.

aww

edited: suddenly very funny thought occurred to me, what if that means that transaction related servers or software wasn't working in my region for a month and nobody gave a damn.
I kid I kid

Lain

dRzI5KK.jpg

Epistory - Typing Chronicles

I like the style of the game.

By the way Van Helsing complete is out on the 23rd launching at US$44.99. It combines all three games into one and if you already own I, II and III you get it for free. If you are missing one or more of the games it might turn out more economical to buy the individual parts you need for the full set now.

I don't know if the old games/DLC are staying on steam or not but if you are a collector you might want to keep an eye out just in case.

FloatOn

Double tigers is the most frustrating shit in dark souls 2.

I helped my friend kill them but on my world they are extra jerks for whatever reason.

I just want to be done with this game.

Dr Dogg

Probably no chance of getting PC versions of the Metal Gear Solid games at this point.

I'd imagine that's a prime candidate for their new direction because:-

• Game(s) is already done
  • MGS HD was made by an outsourced company on their tools
  • Build upon momentum of new platform
  • High ROI for small outlay on a long tail platform

Now if we're talking about a new game developed internally I think we can forget that going forward unless Konami licence off their IPs to other publishers/developers/studios who put up their own development costs with Konami either receiving a licencing fee, revenue share or similar. Surprised has happened much in the gaming sector seeing as it's been going on for donkeys years in other entertainment sectors.

Parsnip

Yeah that Konami thing almost seems like non-news entirely. More like business as usual, just add Metal Gear to the IP's that they could outsource for smaller budget games.

Could actually be good news for MGS collection on the PC since that would hardly be AAA budget project.

Well, well, well...

Alight progress at least but I get the feeling getting 2560x1440 out of this game is going to be a struggle (well unless using their highest AA at 1280x720) :(

It's a step in the right direction I guess. I was secretly hoping that they'd have done what I suggested to them. I even send in some honest to god feedback on the Squenix feedback/support thing and even got a reply that at least seemed to have been written by a human and not a robot. I never do that, but it seemed like whoever wrote the hexablog post was so excited about the technical side of it that I felt bad for them.

As long as they port their old stuff to PC
MGS LEGACY DAMMIT !!!
, I couldn't care less what they do in the future.
How do these work? Do I have to just idle CS:GO in the lobby and get cases, do I have to play or even win matches, do they have to be competitive matches or doesn't it matter?
Woah. A Dark Souls in Samurai-Era Japan :O Where has this been all my life. Please tell me it's coming to PC.

GRaider81

How does FEAR 2 hold up? Loved the 1st but never played any others.

Also how is lego worlds? Have had no interest in minecraft but this is something I could get into

Ludens

Banned
I'd imagine that's a prime candidate for their new direction because:-

• Game(s) is already done
  • MGS HD was made by an outsourced company on their tools
  • Build upon momentum of new platform
  • High ROI for small outlay on a long tail platform

Now if we're talking about a new game developed internally I think we can forget that going forward unless Konami licence off their IPs to other publishers/developers/studios who put up their own development costs with Konami either receiving a licencing fee, revenue share or similar. Surprised has happened much in the gaming sector seeing as it's been going on for donkeys years in other entertainment sectors.

Yeah, except for the facts:

-the collection would be incomplete without MGS4
-if Konami wants to port MGS4 too, a lot of work is required in order to do the port to strip out all PS3 references. Plus, I think a lot of music tracks should be re-licensed, or they can just strip them too.
Not too easy. Also they need to hire a competent studio, we know what they did with SH HD Collection (and in fact MGS HD was done by Bluepoint, that also later fixed ZOE Collection if I remember correctly).
Chances are we get a port running awfully just because Konami wants to milk MGS franchise, they already showed they don't care at all on proposing a good product to their customers in the past...and even in the present, just consider PES.

Lain

Yeah, except for the facts:

-the collection would be incomplete without MGS4
-if Konami wants to port MGS4 too, a lot of work is required in order to do the port to strip out all PS3 references. Plus, I think a lot of music tracks should be re-licensed, or they can just strip them too.
Not too easy. Also they need to hire a competent studio, we know what they did with SH HD Collection (and in fact MGS HD was done by Bluepoint, that also later fixed ZOE Collection if I remember correctly).
Chances are we get a port running awfully just because Konami wants to milk MGS franchise, they already showed they don't care at all on proposing a good product to their customers in the past...and even in the present, just consider PES.

HexaDrive fixed the ZoE collection.

Type-0 just got another update:
Hi everyone, we’re very excited to announce the following updates.

Improvements:
  • Improved mouse controls
  • Display dynamically adjusts to controller/keyboard configuration
  • Additional resolutions supported during full screen play:
1920 x 1200
1680 x 1050
1600 x 1200
1600 x 1024
1600 x 900
1366 x 768
1360 x 768
1280 x 1024
1280 x 960
1280 x 800
1280 x 768
I think it's their 2nd patch this September.

Dr Dogg

I sometimes wonder why I bother posting in here at all.

It's a step in the right direction I guess. I was secretly hoping that they'd have done what I suggested to them. I even send in some honest to god feedback on the Squenix feedback/support thing and even got a reply that at least seemed to have been written by a human and not a robot. I never do that, but it seemed like whoever wrote the hexablog post was so excited about the technical side of it that I felt bad for them.

I was going to shoot their community guy a message and point them in the direction of a few MSDN tutorials of how you'd query system resolutions seeing as they have been quite active and there's obviously still a support window in place (for the time being). Though the usual due I get my ultra wide exe hacks from over at WSGF has actually come up with a workaround for Type-0 and 2560x1440 resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom