• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

I sometimes wonder why I bother posting in here at all.
Saw the update this morning and after glancing wondered why there wasn't something in the Steam forums. Never would've thought that devs would actually use the news section for patch updates like they should, most of the games I have they treat it like it doesn't exist.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
fJKNWvy.jpg

Titan

Hektor

But what's with the XP? Says something about leveling up and getting a drop, is that something different?

And are there weapons that are easier to handle for beginners? My go-to category (shotguns) didn't work out so well just now.

That is kinda the same, you have a random chance to get a drop at the end of a match and you get a guaranteed drop every 2 or so level ups.

P90 Spray'n'pray.

Sch1sm

17 September - Steam Client Beta Update.

...no listed fix for it continuously asking for my phone number which they already have.

Locust

But what's with the XP? Says something about leveling up and getting a drop, is that something different?
You get 1 weapon drop per week from leveling up, in addition to the weekly ~4 random drops. Level up drops are from Cache collection or possibly one of the two operation specific collections if you have bought the pass. Random drops are mostly cases.

Prob not worth it to try levelling up if you don't have access to competitive matches or operation missions tho, the XP gain is shite in casual modes.

C4rter

Some games

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-BB15C4C3D4C838B7 - Taken by Purkake4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-8B6BC8765982D229 - Taken by TheAutomator
Super Motherload -- MB-8A37E0E7B93A00ED - Taken by GaussTek
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-B3D26A1EB9A2993D - Taken by Last Baron

Favor to ask anyone who can get NBA 2K16 (standard version) off Nuuvem without a VPN...if I PayPal you the $24 it takes to buy it can you get it for me? I tried to get it myself but it fails when trying to confirm the order.

Favor to ask anyone who can get NBA 2K16 (standard version) off Nuuvem without a VPN...if I PayPal you the $24 it takes to buy it can you get it for me? I tried to get it myself but it fails when trying to confirm the order.

im from south america so i think i can help you with that but as far as i know if i buy a game in pre order i dont receive the code until release date so i wouldnt be able to give you the code until then.

im from south america so i think i can help you with that but as far as i know if i buy a game in pre order i dont receive the code until release date so i wouldnt be able to give you the code until then.

they are doing a "Early Tip-Off" thing where you get to play 4 days early (next Friday) so you'd get the code then or maybe a day or two before if there's a pre-load of any kind...there's supposed to be pre-order DLC too so I don't know if that would be a separate code or just tied to the key

Eila

Brazilian can't be poorer than average indonesian aren't they >_>

Probably not, but nobody said regional pricings were perfectly adjusted :p the big winners have always been the russians. Pretty sure they were like the third currency after USD and Euros.

73V3N

Banned
Steam keeps asking me for a phone number even though I already added one yesterday, any way to make that message go away?

It's so annoying

they are doing a "Early Tip-Off" thing where you get to play 4 days early (next Friday) so you'd get the code then or maybe a day or two before if there's a pre-load of any kind...there's supposed to be pre-order DLC too so I don't know if that would be a separate code or just tied to the key

ok then send me a PM during next week or add me on steam to let me know when you want me to buy the game

Alien8

Probably not, but nobody said regional pricings were perfectly adjusted :p the big winners have always been the russians. Pretty sure they were like the third currency after USD and Euros.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me nuuvem's prices have increased recently. It could be due to brazilian currency (Reais) depreciation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom