• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantom

Can't you use a vpn? Are the keys actually region-locked?

Just finished Russia in Alpha Protocol. Defo the most boring area so far. Rome's hideout balcony with Jacuzzi already reigns supreme.

Well I'll be. It does indeed come to about 25€. Since it's a key and I don't think it's runtime-locked to a region, you might be able to buy & activate via VPN?

The keys aren't locked but it's still not possible to buy it. I can use a VPN to pay through paypal, but then Nuuvem reject the payment because my billing address isn't in South America.

Ludens

Banned
I'm willing to bet good money that support for MGO dies off three months after launch.

I already did this bet long time ago. That or they will turn MGO into a F2P game on all platforms, where you can buy slot for additional characters, skins, hats and whatever by using MB coins.

I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that those daily rewards are supposed to be higher since TGS is going on and yesterday and today's reward are the normal amount...not the special higher one

just annoying..not game breaking

Yesterday I was talking with MarcoZombieCannon, he got the reward, I never got it, dunno why, but it never showed at all for me.

Those Konami's servers are already a joke and at the moment they barely serve to provide rewards and FOB stuff...I wonder what will happen when MGO will launch. Long down times, tickets to enter a match etc.

The keys aren't locked but it's still not possible to buy it. I can use a VPN to pay through paypal, but then Nuuvem reject the payment because my billing address isn't in South America.
Weird. I bought sth else from nuuvem just a couple days ago via VPN + Paypal and had no issues. There are many south americanos here. Maybe someone is willing to help you out.

I already did this bet long time ago. That or they will turn MGO into a F2P game on all platforms, where you can buy slot for additional characters, skins, hats and whatever by using MB coins.

Yesterday I was talking with MarcoZombieCannon, he got the reward, I never got it, dunno why, but it never showed at all for me.

Those Konami's servers are already a joke and at the moment they barely serve to provide rewards and FOB stuff...I wonder what will happen when MGO will launch. Long down times, tickets to enter a match etc.

I got the rewards for the days...but just what the normal amounts would be

no idea

Ozium

[PID] Kulwar [developer] 12 hours ago
Hi!

I see I already have a few of you here as friend in my Steam account, so you know the deal :p What I suggest you is to contact me by mail, kevin [at] plug-in-digital.com, with a proof of your purchase if you really want your Steam key, as sending them to the different bundle websites (when they still exist) is actually way more complicated.

lmfaoooooooooo

Toilet Tycoon btw

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just two weeks to go until Episode Three/HL3 eclipses TF2 to become Valve's longest-gestating project.

Vamphuntr

I'm playing Sword Coast Legends head start and it's pretty bad so far. Poor performance, I have a GTX970 and an i7-4790k and it chugs all the time. It's also fairly buggy too for a game coming in two weeks and the netcode seems bad with epic lag.

It also doesn't play like BG or DA. You can litterally spam abilities like in a MMO as they only have a cooldown.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
6NYviKV.jpg

ChargeShot

Timberman

I'm playing Sword Coast Legends head start and it's pretty bad so far. Poor performance, I have a GTX970 and an i7-4790k and it chugs all the time. It's also fairly buggy too for a game coming in two weeks and the netcode seems bad with epic lag.

It also doesn't play like BG or DA. You can litterally spam abilities like in a MMO as they only have a cooldown.
I didn't have much hope for this, but it's still a bummer to hear--especially the performance stuff. In regards to the skills, I've heard its gameplay likened to a MOBA, which sounds accurate from what you describe.

Do you have access to the DM mode? That's the most interesting part of the game. Even if it's not a new Neverwinter Nights, RPG-wise, it could still be a pretty cool action game if done right. (Though if the online sucks then that will torpedo any chances for the DM mode to take off... Bah.)

Pakkidis

I'm giving away some extras. Hope you enjoy. EDIT: I don't know why Modbot edited an origin symbol besides Strife. It is a steam key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-F509C6715B3F67C9 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
Super Motherload -- MB-448EF48633CA2A5C - Taken by me0wish. 12 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-00583A71622460B6 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1442620240z1.png

inm8num2

Steam keeps asking me for a phone number even though I already added one yesterday, any way to make that message go away?

It's so annoying

They just want to get you a head start on that new community badge. ;)

KpjdjFf.png

(credit to madjoki...don't know if this was shared here before)

Arthea

Anybody plays Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe? I again have the same problem of windowed mode being not centered but partly outside the screen (had it with several games before), any solutions in this particular case? I checked steam boards and there are some problems of windowed/full screen mode discussed there (none solved too it would seem) but not this particular one.

JaseC

They just want to get you a head start on that new community badge. ;)

KpjdjFf.png

(credit to madjoki...don't know if this was shared here before)

I'm glad it's "View a broadcast" and not "Host a broadcast". I can't hide behind "My upload speed is awful" any more, but I still have no interest in letting people watch. ;)

Vamphuntr

I didn't have much hope for this, but it's still a bummer to hear--especially the performance stuff. In regards to the skills, I've heard its gameplay likened to a MOBA, which sounds accurate from what you describe.

Do you have access to the DM mode? That's the most interesting part of the game. Even if it's not a new Neverwinter Nights, RPG-wise, it could still be a pretty cool action game if done right. (Though if the online sucks then that will torpedo any chances for the DM mode to take off... Bah.)

MOBA seems accurate but you don't even have a mana pool, only cooldowns so you only spam. The DM mode is available but I don't plan on using it much. I don't want to play more than 2 hours if it still sucks at launch so I can refund it.

It doesn't use the D&D ruleset either. You simply pick abilities at level up from a skill tree. Everyone can revive anyone too.

Online lag was bad. I was trying to revive someone which I was seeing as dead but was alive. I was trying to collect loot that were already picked up. Everyone attacks appeared to be lagging behind and the session resulted in a black screen at the end.

Caerith

I'm giving away some extras. Hope you enjoy. EDIT: I don't know why Modbot edited an origin symbol besides Strife. It is a steam key.

Shoulda called it The Steamy Strife. (It's probably just how Modbot's regular expressions parse for Origin, Uplay, etc.)

MOBA seems accurate but you don't even have a mana pool, only cooldowns so you only spam. The DM mode is available but I don't plan on using it much. I don't want to play more than 2 hours if it still sucks at launch so I can refund it.

It doesn't use the D&D ruleset either. You simply pick abilities at level up from a skill tree. Everyone can revive anyone too.

Online lag was bad. I was trying to revive someone which I was seeing as dead but was alive. I was trying to collect loot that were already picked up. Everyone attacks appeared to be lagging behind and the session resulted in a black screen at the end.

Bah. Sounds terrible.

Neverwinter Nights deserves a true successor. Bioware really did a good job with it, as far as innovative D&D implementations are concerned. The power of the editor, DM mode, online stuff, and wealth of modding, meant you could do pretty much anything with it; from your own, epic-length, multi-module campaign, to online, player-driven sandboxes which were essentially proto-MMOs, or very personalised adventures for you and your friends. It's just a remarkable achievement and I'm sad no one has tried to match it. (Aside from NWN2, which is it's own can of worms.)

Tizoc

Just finished watching Phantom Menace...it's not THAT bad, mainly bad execution of some ideas.
Good action, scenery and soundtrack though.

Caerith

Just finished watching Phantom Menace...it's not THAT bad, mainly bad execution of some ideas.
Good action, scenery and soundtrack though.

Context and legacy, though. I mean, speaking of legacy, did you see The Bourne Legacy? It's not that bad, compared to other stupid movies like Lucy, but it's almost insulting to compare it to the first three Bourne movies. The original trilogy, pre-butchering, holds a place in people's hearts for a reason. The prequels, while not bad compared to garbage, isn't really worthy of its name.

Tizoc

The OST was the only redeeming thing about that movie imho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskTEpaR_xI

The Movie would've been so much better without anakin singelhandedly winning a war, Jar Jar Binks, that entire politic scene and darth maul beeing an actual character.

Yeah Jar Jar Binks is an unfortunate character, they could've been the exiled rogue character instead, and a kid who just gleefully goes into outer space and somehow lucks out inside the enemy base like that is all...plain wut.

rtcn63

MGS4, beat
Laughing Octopus using non-lethal. Went though 150 tranq rounds and six rations. I was never good at this. So her backstory- Innsmouth?

Jar Jar Binks is cool, you guys. How could you not like him?!

The OG Star Wars trilogy had infinitely better writing, though. C3P0's dialog is enough to confirm this.
We ain't on that PS4 version in here breh.

Oh, I didn't realise it was coming over. I guess that's good news.

Having actually seen Galak-Z footage cooled me a lot on the concept. Seems like an overly brutal game that uses its roguelike nature as a crutch to explain away its limited content and overall sameyness.

Anustart

Finally beat the witcher 3 a couple weeks back so I was able to start digging into my summer sale games.

Beat Dishonored, enjoyed it even if it did become a tad repetitive towards the end. I'd play a part 2 if it came along.

Started up Xcom: Enemy Unknown about 3 days ago, really liking this one. Is there more than one of these? Probably pick it up immediately afterwards to keep going.

Prison Architect lost me pretty quick. I'll go back to it later, maybe.

JaseC

Finally beat the witcher 3 a couple weeks back so I was able to start digging into my summer sale games.

Beat Dishonored, enjoyed it even if it did become a tad repetitive towards the end. I'd play a part 2 if it came along.

Started up Xcom: Enemy Unknown about 3 days ago, really liking this one. Is there more than one of these? Probably pick it up immediately afterwards to keep going.

Prison Architect lost me pretty quick. I'll go back to it later, maybe.

Dishonored 2 was announced earlier in the year. As for XCOM, in addition to the preceding titles of yesteryear, there's the expansion Enemy Within and an upcoming sequel simply and somewhat misleadingly titled "XCOM 2".

I was hoping we'd have gameplay footage of Dishonored 2 by now given it's slated to release early-mid next year.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
As I'm watching Gatchaman crowds I can't understand how there isn't a videogame for this yet, it's a perfect fit for a ATLUS game but with ARPG combat instead of turnbased.

And the artstyle would looks so good in the hands of some good studio.

tuxfool

Banned
i always find it kind of cute that big publishers keep making these games about evil corporations and crap

like cmon, you're ea, you don't get to call other corporations evil lol

Even cuter is that the evil CEO in ME:Catalyst looks like the CEO of EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom