• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

How is the performance? Does the game render above 1080p? 30, 60, or 60+ FPS?
It runs well without stuttering. But no higher than 1080p and there is no option for the framerate. It looks like 60 fps to me though, but I wouldn't trust my eyes.

iPMqMFB.jpg

xJmG7f8.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It appears I had a hot air balloon glitch out on me in Mad Max. The place where you are supposed to refuel it refuses to show the prompt when I approach it with a gas can. Hopefully we get a patch or two out of the devs as that will block 100%ing it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It appears I had a hot air balloon glitch out on me in Mad Max. The place where you are supposed to refuel it refuses to show the prompt when I approach it with a gas can. Hopefully we get a patch or two out of the devs as that will block 100%ing it.

I've noticed that the challenge trackers (e.g. eat 15 cans of food) don't update as often as they should, which could become an issue in the final stages of the game, when the number of certain entities start to dwindle. Frankly, I'm a little peeved about it considering Just Cause 2 PC's tracker was never patched, which itself doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that Avalanche is going to revisit things in Mad Max.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've noticed that the challenge trackers (e.g. eat 15 cans of food) don't update as often as they should, which could become an issue in the final stages of the game, when the number of certain entities start to dwindle. Frankly, I'm a little peeved about it considering Just Cause 2 PC's tracker was never patched, which itself doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that Avalanche is going to revisit things in Mad Max.

At least in Just Cause 2 the overall percentage they asked for achievement-wise was 75%. Here it appears to be 100% as far as I can tell which does leave zero room for them screwing up counters/activities.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least in Just Cause 2 the overall percentage they asked for achievement-wise was 75%. Here it appears to be 100% as far as I can tell which does leave zero room for them screwing up counters/activities.

Avalanche needs to hire someone whose sole job is to ensure everything tied to completion is functioning as intended. Not unlike that guy at Sucker Punch whose job during the development of Infamous was to make everything that should be climbable, climbable.

Edit: At least I think it was Sucker Punch/Infamous. I could very well be thinking of Ubisoft/AssCreed.

Sarcasm

BOI:R Afterlife DLC doesn't have a loyality discount, just a pre-order one right?

If so means I can use my wife's account to gift it.

Edit: At least I think it was Sucker Punch/Infamous. I could very well be thinking of Ubisoft/AssCreed.

It has to be Assassins Creed. I'm playing through 2 now and I hate there are so many places that have the visuals that indicate climbing is possible but for whatever reason, aren't climbable.

L.O.R.D

The dev of unearthed game replied to my thread

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=179413133

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in our upcoming games.

We only knew about our participation in Sony's Gamers Day a few days before the event so we had to do our best to get our games in showable state for the event but we aren't currently ready for proper world wide unveiling just yet.

We will however work toward polishing our materials and aim to do a focused press event in October and of course upload everything in Arabic and English.

Since releasing Episode 1 of Unearthed back in May 2013 we have been listening to the feedback from users as well as reviews worldwide and we took it all to heart and we promise it will clearly show when we announce our new projects soon.

We did change the name of of "Unearthed" to be the Arabic name it was always known as which is "Al Rekaz". Also, the engine is of course UE4 and not UE3 as mentioned in the original post. Finally, we are dropping the episodic model in favor of a full length game this time.

I would actually ask everyone to please avoid off-screen recordings simply because they don't show the games properly (and they are very short anway).

We will be making a proper post on NeoGaf as soon as we can.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Jadallah
Director of Development
Semaphore
@SemaphoreLab

Maybe this time the game will not sucks?

Anyone know if I can play CS:GO with a controller or do I get restricted to certain servers, or do I get banned/kicked for trying?

Wanna play comfy-couching.

Witcher 3 will be GOTY, its godly, any other choice is incorrect . I bet the gaming side will pick fallout 4 or battlefront too, just cause theyre dick riders and care more about the name and then in 3 or so months the general opinion will go from OMG GOTY to "eh, its ok"

Witcher 3 for the true GOTY, believe.

Maniac

Banned
Witcher 3 will be GOTY, its godly, any other choice is incorrect . I bet the gaming side will pick fallout 4 or battlefront too, just cause theyre dick riders and care more about the name and then in 3 or so months the general opinion will go from OMG GOTY to "eh, its ok"

Witcher 3 for the true GOTY, believe.
ಠ‿ಠ
I love you, Prinny.

Even if I don't care about Prinnies.

It's a toss up between MGSV, The Witcher 3 and Life is Strange for me, I have a hard time deciding on a number.
Im loving mgs5 but the lack of story hurts it, if it actually had a story then id agree it would a tough call between w3 and mgs. I know people find w3's combat to be boring but i found it reall engaging, it always kept me on my toes but maybe thats cause i played on a higher difficulty and didnt build armor, just used what i found.
ಠ‿ಠ
I love you, Prinny.

Even if I don't care about Prinnies.
You love prinnies, disgaea 5 will make you regret your deeds and words. Make sure tou buy it #savetheprinnies

Maniac

Banned
It's a toss up between MGSV, The Witcher 3 and Life is Strange for me, I have a hard time deciding on a number.

MGSV went below TW3 for me when I realised just how shit the story was. Not only that the writing is poor and every single twist and turn is dumber than something a teenager would have thought up, but that it's also a lot more misogynistic than something thought up by a 13 year old full of hormones with a terrible case of blue balls.

And ofcourse also that it's unfinished and the quality REALLY drops off around the start of chapter two. It's all downhill from there, sadly. You can really tell that the game was rushed with the drop off in quality and the increasing reuse of actual missions the further you progress, and ofcourse also by just seeing how incoherent a lot of the game is, especially when you take a look at motherbase which is hella lacklustre.

Still a very solid* game mechanically speaking, even if the scoring system shouldn't exist at all.

ಠ‿ಠ
I bet it'll be MGS V.

I personally think that it's a toss up between it and FO4. Mainstream appeal and dickriding trumps quality. :p

I mean, I really wish that I could say TW3 would have a really good chance of winning the majority of GOTY's, but I'm having a hard time imagining that happening, even if it's the most deserving.

There is no justice in the world, for humanity sucks.

Jawmuncher

This year was rather unimpressive so far. Nothing that really stands out if you ask me. That's not to say they're not good games though.

Maniac

Banned
Im loving mgs5 but the lack of story hurts it, if it actually had a story then id agree it would a tough call between w3 and mgs. I know people find w3's combat to be boring but i found it reall engaging, it always kept me on my toes but maybe thats cause i played on a higher difficulty and didnt build armor, just used what i found.

You love prinnies, disgaea 5 will make you regret your deeds and words. Make sure tou buy it #savetheprinnies

I did more or less the same, although I did hunt for armour and weapons like a loot-whore, and I loved the hell out of the combat. You had to be prepared and ready for combat to survive, atleast on a decent difficulty. It also really helps that the increase in difficulty doesn't just leave bullet sponges, but adds more monsters to packs of roaming ones, stronger abilities, them doing more damage and having smarter tactics / strategies.

I quite like it.

Also Gwent automatically means it's a better game than MGSV.

Screw Disgaeaeae and that terrible name it has.
I bet whatever wins GOTY will be a game I don't care about probably.

You should care about TW3 doe.

But it won't win so I guess you don't need to :(

Watch fo4 or battlefront, mgs5 will simply be a contender, although i do see it winning on some sites cause their blind fanboyness since its the last mgs

Maniac

Banned
I am sure this has been posted but is http://www.bundlestars.com/store/planetary-annihilation/ not on STEAM anymore? I have it in my account but i cannot find a store page.

It's been replaced by the "TITANS" version, which is really just an update to an otherwise poor game that was incredibly poorly received. This allowed them to wipe the slate clean for metacritic and Steam reviews, thus they removed the old version entirely to make the game seem like it's never had any kind of problems! Hurrah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom