• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, It's not NSFW. Like this one and this one. They all are good.

Also, get Creative Gigaworks T40 Speakers. Super space saving and crankable to the max. Or some Logitech Z-10's.
You're right, those rigs look awesome! I'll keep those speakers in mind for when I get my next paycheck, thanks.

I would still buy a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO heatsink. Much less noise than stock cooler and not expensive, like $27. Also yeah, overclocking a 4790k is not super necessary, it will boost to 4.4Ghz if thermals allow it.
But it's completely silent already! I have both PCs side by side, and the difference is night and day. If it weren't for the power LED, I wouldn't even know the new one is turned on, that's how silent it is.

What a beast. You did opt for the more performance build than even suggested at your first post, haha.
Congrats and have fun!
Haha yeah, I had some spare cash from changing jobs last month and selling my old 3DS, so I couldn't resist improving the specs here and there. Thank you, I will! Already bought Shadow of Mordor (really liked what I played of it on a friend's PS4) and downloaded Far Cry Blood Dragon, which was virtually unplayable on my old PC.

Sexy specs man. Congrats! And I would totally recommend a mechanical, but you're right that it's hard to justify without having tried it. I'd recommend trying to go to an electronics store and see what they have on display, the different keys really do differ quite a lot in feel and audio. Some swear by Cherry Reds, some by Blues, some by Browns, so it's hard to really know without trying it out.

And hey, as long as it's not on the floor sucking up tons of dust, it's all good! Even if it's awkwardly placed. ;)
Thanks! The bolded is exactly what I tried to do when I bought the mouse and keyboard, because the website advertised the Logitech G710+ and it looked cool, but they didn't have it in stock so I settled for the G105. But yes, a mechanical keyboard is something I'm curious about, so maybe one day...

hello, today's my birthday so here are some presents
Happy birthday! You're way too kind ^^

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You know what's worse than port-begging? Birthday spam. At this point I'd put it even before anime GIFs. Have mercy.

mznlsn8fhep26f4db9xq.jpg

Jawmuncher

Operation save my HDD has failed. I'm now on my final legs. Is it possible to just make a recovery disk, take out the bad HDD, put the new one in and go from there?

Don't have anything on this computer that I'm gonna miss

I just got Fingered by Pork...
<3

Also, all I want from capcom is for them to add steamworks to sfxt. I mean the game has a private beta that was added about a year ago.

edit: also thank you all for the bd wishes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay so it's that time of month again where I put out the call for contributors for next month's OP. We're looking for game recommendations for games that are releasing in October on Steam, or games that released in September but didn't have recommendations this month.

There are quite a few high profile DLC releases coming in October, so I'll accept recommendations for those as well with one caveat - the recommendation has to focus on the DLC itself and what it adds for existing players. If a particular piece of DLC doesn't include enough stuff to warrant writing a paragraph or so about what it adds and why players of that game should get it, it doesn't belong in the OP.

Some possible upcoming games:
  • Tales of Zestiria - jshackles
  • Overlord: Fellowship of Evil (assuming it doesn't get pushed back again)
  • Sayonara UmiharaKawase
  • Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone DLC
  • The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC
But it could be anything you're interested in that's releasing on Steam that you want to help us hype up for!

If interested, send me a PM!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, right. That's coming out in a month, completely forgot that it's that close. Final tier is at 37% at the moment.

I predict a whole lot of refunds happening. :(

That being said, I hope the game does really well because obviously the PC (and Steam in particular) is a great market for Tales games.

Parsnip

Im starting to get nervous

I predict a whole lot of refunds happening. :(

That being said, I hope the game does really well because obviously the PC (and Steam in particular) is a great market for Tales games.

Yeah, it does seem like it's going to be close and if it doesn't hit it, some people will likely refund. Anecdotally speaking sales usually pick up a bit the closer the release is, but yeah.

MUnited83

For you.
I will continue to say its going to reach it just fine lol. The Namco Bandai weekend did a good number on Zestiria and sales will Picu up closer to release.

derExperte

I like to wish people Happy Birthday cuz I think it's nice and if I can make them feel better by saying it then why not

Send a pm or use chat. I keep repeating myself but it's the same with saying thank you for ModBot wins. We implemented that rule for a reason, when 20 people spam the same exact words every three days they a) become utterly meaningless and b) don't add anything to the thread.

Salsa

got back from sayin goodbye to my best bud since 12yo or so who's going to live abroad in new zealand

cried like a baby, and now all my local co-op games are useless

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Enter the Dragon Punch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mad Max -- MB-A61559D3DE7FA43B - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 69 entrants total.

t1442877712z1.png

Enjoy, fellas.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Forest of Doom -- MB-9CB006851475F8C9 - Taken by Purkake4
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-1EE0FC10A9C98705 - Taken by fspm
Before the Echo -- MB-27CBDE8240ADC2FB - Taken by Loptous
Heroes of Loot -- MB-ACC61FE4EB918098 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Ittle Dew -- MB-B603447201364FB9 - Taken by Mikurden

Uzzy

Okay so it's that time of month again where I put out the call for contributors for next month's OP. We're looking for game recommendations for games that are releasing in October on Steam, or games that released in September but didn't have recommendations this month.

I'll see if I can put something together for Read Only Memories. That's the only thing that's really sparking any interest next month, other than the Witcher 3 DLC.

Hell, now till the end of the year is looking pretty dry. I just finished MGSV, leaving Mission 45 to last.
Hellish mission, even with me having well developed mines and anti-tank rockets. Quiet's ending was heartbreaking, but with her gone, I've lost interest in going free roaming and doing the other missions that I've ignored.

I... I might have to have my head examined.
I just bought a 3 year old CPU. Isn't that, like, 70 in dog years?

CPUs haven't advanced since Sandy Bridge really so you should be good for another couple of years.

Only thing i could see pushing CPUs in the next few years would be some advanced VR stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom