• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Getting 960 plus 1080p G-Sync monitor is very tempting to me instead going full ham for my new rig.

I want nice shiny spec but at same time my most wanted game is something like Divinity OS 2 and XCOM, so I might overdoing it if spending too much.

G-Sync can help me for action game once in blue moon.

Coreda

is this your only drive?
If so, get a small (64gig) SSD for your OS and other stuff that needs the speed, and then get a bigger data drive for the rest.

If Jawmuncher has the budget adding an SSD for the OS/apps it's definitely the better option. I use the popular Samsung EVO 840 120GB for the system/apps and the speed boost going to SSD is appreciable.

Just fyi that EVO model has a wear leveling quirk where older files written to the drive can drop to HDD read speeds. Hoping the EVO 850 has fixed this once and for all.

Maniac

Banned
Sad or suspicious? Hmm... maybe he was Kojima all along.
Doubtful. Monk is a great dude, very humble and a really sweet guy.

So yeah, it's probably not Kojima. That dude isn't humble.

Still haven't gotten Elite. This might persuade me to, though.
I use a warthog hotas and pedals but apparently it plays great with a controller. The Xbox One version only has that option at the moment so it has to be well thought out at the least.

Oh ofcourse you do. Why wouldn't you?

I hate you and all your fancy hardware. A Warthog is currently my dream peripheral other than an HTC Vive, Corsair K65 RGB and a Mionix Castor. Damn you.

And ofcourse I also need a 144Hz GSync monitor with 1440p on an IPS (or a low-blur VA) panel.

And for that I would also need to get a better GPU than the 780ti I'm currently runnin' with...

Atleast it looks like I'll be getting a job really soon, so all these things aren't a pipe dream much longer.

lol scammers these days:

avxclwzdpb.png
Someone think of the children!

Phawx

Considering that both AMD and Intel are commited to Freesync and Nvidia is commited to freesync on laptops makes me believe they will adopt freesync for monitors in the future.

They will obviously just call it Adaptive sync.

Considering that both AMD and Intel are commited to Freesync and Nvidia is commited to freesync on laptops makes me believe they will adopt freesync for monitors in the future.

They will obviously just called it Adaptive sync.

They will come up with some dumb name for it so they can continue charging an extra $100-$150 for it, NV-Sync™?

Turfster

Lovers of hidden object stuff, jetdogs adventure pack volume 1 is 29 cents and includes Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends and Sinister City.

Knurek

I can still tell the games are below 60, but it's not as immediately apparent as without Gsync. I've actually been running MGSV and The Witcher 3 as around 50-55 FPS because the 970 just isn't cutting it at 1440p.

It's really weird that when we can upscale console games from 240p to 1080p and have them looking amazing, sharp and luscious, but can't do the same thing for 1080p->1440p signal.
Really really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom