• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be possible to stream non-Steam games to a Steam Link if they're added to my Steam client? If the new Mario Tennis game isn't good, I'll be looking at trying to stream the GameCube one via Dolphin.

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Enter the Dragon Punch, who is running this raffle.
Nice giveaway btw

Arthea

It most likely haven't been posted yet, Orion now has steam store page

edited: releasing soon too, on 28th of September

I played a little and the only inception type thing is in the intro where someone that looks like Tim Schafer is making a game and then it pans out to other people making a game about tim schafer making a game and then it pans out to the cia making a game about some people making a game about tim schafer making a game etc.

then the gam starts and it's like a cute little adventure game starring a pig and the developer talks to you

and you can make your own adventure gamez or some shit

got good reviews

that was very ozziesque description.
thus, you approve?

Is there actually a game there or do you create a game to play, or is it both?

Only interaction with Sakura Wars was from Project X Zone but their stuff was great including the music. God damn Project X Zone was so good.

It would be nice to get Project X Zone on steam some day... and Project X Zone 2

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Port begging discussion; my stance is that, well, most stuff gets ported. Most stuff isn't exclusive. And over the last few years, between increasing interest in PC gaming and "remasters" for XBO/PS4, ports of old games are also increasingly common. We also have companies come out and saying they want to make ports a big part of their business model, because developing new games is too expensive. So... trying to tell people not to ask for games on platforms they're not on is not a useful starting point.

What is a useful starting point is that discussion about a game's platform should not drown out discussion about the game's announcement, assets, or gameplay once it's released. I'm a lot more bothered by something like "Game X announced for XBO" and then the first reply being "No PSN, no sale. #4TheGamers #ItOnlyDoesEverything #Micro$ux". It's not even a distinct rule, it's just the general rule against console war shitposting. This kind of thing tends to happen pretty systematically, especially when games are announced for some minor platform.

In the case of Dragon's Dogma, it's a 4 or whatever year old game that everyone is done playing and talking about. Capcom, a company that has just signaled that they want remakes, remasters, and ports to be their main business model, announces that they're porting Dragon's Dogma to PC. It's pretty natural that since no one has mentioned any kind of barrier for porting the game, people with next gen consoles are going to want it. Moreover, it's a game that as far as I know had iffy performance and is going to benefit immensely from the PC port. There's value there.

I've never cracked down on people idly saying they want old games on PC in this community because... who or what discussion is being harmed?

L.O.R.D

how do you play 3DS game on PS2 emulator I wonder

ummm....

Namco_capcom.jpg

project x zone was actually a sequel to Namco X Capcom
Brave New World was the name of the its song for that game

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Okay guys, I need your help.
I want a game to satiate my kaiju (Godzilla, Pacific Rim, etc.) addiction. Just watching movies and reading comics isn't enough. I need a video game. Help please.

Arthea

RE: Port begging discussion; my stance is that, well, most stuff gets ported. Most stuff isn't exclusive. And over the last few years, between increasing interest in PC gaming and "remasters" for XBO/PS4, ports of old games are also increasingly common. We also have companies come out and saying they want to make ports a big part of their business model, because developing new games is too expensive. So... trying to tell people not to ask for games on platforms they're not on is not a useful starting point.

What is a useful starting point is that discussion about a game's platform should not drown out discussion about the game's announcement, assets, or gameplay once it's released. I'm a lot more bothered by something like "Game X announced for XBO" and then the first reply being "No PSN, no sale. #4TheGamers #ItOnlyDoesEverything #Micro$ux". It's not even a distinct rule, it's just the general rule against console war shitposting. This kind of thing tends to happen pretty systematically, especially when games are announced for some minor platform.

In the case of Dragon's Dogma, it's a 4 or whatever year old game that everyone is done playing and talking about. Capcom, a company that has just signaled that they want remakes, remasters, and ports to be their main business model, announces that they're porting Dragon's Dogma to PC. It's pretty natural that since no one has mentioned any kind of barrier for porting the game, people with next gen consoles are going to want it. Moreover, it's a game that as far as I know had iffy performance and is going to benefit immensely from the PC port. There's value there.

I've never cracked down on people idly saying they want old games on PC in this community because... who or what discussion is being harmed?

I always thought that anti port begging rule is there to protect OTs of games from being derailed by port beg posts. Not like port begging didn't work before, it's totally legit tactics if done in timely and appropriate fashion.

Okay guys, I need your help.
I want a game to satiate my kaiju (Godzilla, Pacific Rim, etc.) addiction. Just watching movies and reading comics isn't enough. I need a video game. Help please.

welcome to the club
Why can't we have a good Godzilla game on steam, why, universe?

Sarcasm

After Valve wins, I expect Blizzard to jump in and claim (rightful) ownership for the art damages.

Every legality around DotA has been scummy as heck. Valve and IceFrog really should've just made an original game.

Though Blizzard really didn't make DOTA. Sure they had the base game and tools.

But they didn't create this defense of the ancients.

After Valve wins, I expect Blizzard to jump in and claim (rightful) ownership for the art damages.

Every legality around DotA has been scummy as heck. Valve and IceFrog really should've just made an original game.

Lol indeed.
I think there was a case regarding that around Dota 2 announcement back then, right?
I found some articles on 'rights for the Dota name', but can't find articles on 'rights for the art'. Have Blizzard do something about that?

Though Blizzard really didn't make DOTA. Sure they had the base game and tools.

But they didn't create this defense of the ancients.

Blizzard didn't create the mod but every hero in the game is a character or unit from Warcraft 3 that Valve created sweded versions of to avoid being sued.

Lina Inverse the Slayer? 100% original content.

DotA is a legal black hole. It's crazy that Valve got away with monetising it.
Lol indeed.
I think there was a case regarding that around Dota 2 announcement back then, right?
I found some articles on 'rights for the Dota name', but can't find articles on 'rights for the art'. Have Blizzard do something about that?

I want to say Valve's defense was 'it's not Defense of the Ancients, but DotA 2' and it ended with Blizzard making HotS so I guess they settled it behind the scenes.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm afraid about this PC port.
Square Portal published some days ago a very worrying planning, where FFXIII: Lightning Returns has no more an approximate date (fall) but only an imprecise "TBA".

150922015602608618.jpg

http://squareportal.net/release-dates/

goddamnit, it was like a month or two ago they confirmed it would be out this year too. Realy shitty they announced the release as a trilogy to get people to jump on board and then never release the damn game the least amount have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom