• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I've been watching GI play Dark Souls, and the newest episode says that Dark Souls III plays like an amalgam of Dark Souls + Demon Souls + Bloodborne. Not so much DSII.

I want to play Bloodborne dammit.

I've been watching GI play Dark Souls, and the newest episode says that Dark Souls III plays like an amalgam of Dark Souls + Demon Souls + Bloodborne. Not so much DSII.

I want to play Bloodborne dammit.

What does that even mean? They all play pretty much the same, with Bloodborne the only real radical change in that it removed shield strats.

rtcn63

What does that even mean? They all play pretty much the same, with Bloodborne the only real radical change in that it removed shield strats.

They mentioned that it has fewer elements from DSII compared to the others... whatever that means. Fast travel is still in though.

Turfster

Ugh, I missed an achievement you can only get on a full playthrough of episode 1 in Jurassic Park... And there's no fucking fast forward.

Who cares, dem card money money doe.
It's actually true though because instead of using that card money to buy games I just buy badges to level up my profile. I'm never gotten suckered into any f2p nonsense before but lord does steam and its totally pointless badge system have me by the hooks. Haven't spent any of my own money on them but every card sold goes toward badges ;-;

I find it really upsetting that my uncomplete(one card missing) steam summer sale badge is at the top and it tells me I can buy the last card for 8 cents but I can't.

zkylon

zkylewd
are the kickstarter devs working every day to make their site worse?

now they hid the "remind me" star button until you scroll down for some reason

wtff

Then you will soon know what true disappointment feels like.

but i thought we were bros, bros wish bros happy birthdays
XYkI1ku.jpg

Maniac

Banned
Blizzard didn't create the mod but every hero in the game is a character or unit from Warcraft 3 that Valve created sweded versions of to avoid being sued.

That's factually incorrect. Over a third used custom models in DotA, but it was mostly avoided to avoid bloating the file-size.

Even then, it was already settled in court between Valve & Blizzard. So they have every right.

And you could argue Blizzard had no right, either. Afterall, everything popular they've ever done except for Diablo is a knockoff of something else. Warcraft was the result of Blizzard trying to license Warhammer but being able to, and Starcraft is nothing but an unlicensed 40K knockoff.
Isn't like every element of StarCraft basically what you described Valve as doing?

It literally is, same with Warha... Warcraft.

fertygo

It's actually true though because instead of using that card money to buy games I just buy badges to level up my profile. I'm never gotten suckered into any f2p nonsense before but lord does steam and its totally pointless badge system have me by the hooks. Haven't spent any of my own money on them but every card sold goes toward badges ;-;

I find it really upsetting that my uncomplete(one card missing) steam summer sale badge is at the top and it tells me I can buy the last card for 8 cents but I can't.

I use some for badges too, chasing that level 50 dream for maximum booster pack drop rate (does it worth it?), once I get there I say fuck all tho.
I do that when I get all different drop and think price is right. like 0.15-20 cent to get 100 xp lol

Once the money is in your steam wallet it is your own money though.
No money from my bank has ever gone to my steam wallet then :p
I use some for badges too, chasing that level 50 dream for maximum booster pack drop rate (does it worth it?), once I get there I say fuck all tho.
I do that when I get all different drop and think price is right. like 0.15-20 cent to get 100 xp lol
I'm level 76 and I get one booster pack every few months, don't look forward to that :p And I have so much bundle trash that the booster packs I get are always worth less than 20 cents

Salsa

I dont get How To Survive

people seem to love it

steam reviews used to be terrible

outside steam critical reception seemed terrible

now steam reviews are "very positive"

did it get way better or something

iosefe

having a job is okay guys...

The LEGO store did the Imagination test today.

i recreated The Homer from The Simpsons to the best of my ability with the pieces given, except i made it s Roadster with big back wheels and a powerful looking engine

Sch1sm

people seem to love it

I think way more people just tried it out and found enjoyment in it. Maybe that's it.

Maniac

Banned
No money from my bank has ever gone to my steam wallet then :p

I'm level 76 and I get one booster pack every few months, don't look forward to that :p And I have so much bundle trash that the booster packs I get are always worth less than 20 cents

I get one like every week and I'm 72... õ.õ'

At my last job I was forced to work around mek(not too bad) and urethane glue without a mask all day and drive home at 4:30AM after a 12 hour shift somewhat dizzy from the fumes.

I'm glad to be back in school :p

You guys died here really?

I only died once in the story campaign.
I only play on normal though.

people seem to love it

Perhaps the game was a bloody mess at early access or early release?
It's a well polished game when I played it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Being a Benefit Corporation has its price.
it's like they love randomly butchering their own site

like, the kotaku revamp was "controversial" but i dunno at least it was trying something

this is literally grab the useful star button and hide it for no apparent reason

like, the kotaku revamp was "controversial" but i dunno at least it was trying something

this is literally grab the useful star button and hide it for no apparent reason
Have you seen PCGamer's new layout? I straight stopped going there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I only died once in the story campaign.
I only play on normal though.

Perhaps the game was a bloody mess at early access or early release?
It's a well polished game when I played it.

I have yet to die. I admit I almost shit my pants when the alarm went out on that area but it was easily manageable.

zkylon

zkylewd
Have you seen PCGamer's new layout? I straight stopped going there.
didnt know that site still existed lol

also wth they have like social media icons that when you click them it opens a bigger social media panel with the actual buttons

that's so fucking weird

Shadownet

Banned

I just got a booster pack for Tinboy. The booster pack sells for $0.24 cents. But the average selling price for the cards was $1.14.

Took a gamble, paid off.

having a job is okay guys...

The LEGO store did the Imagination test today.

i recreated The Homer from The Simpsons to the best of my ability with the pieces given, except i made it s Roadster with big back wheels and a powerful looking engine

Good, now tell them that you made us buy Lego Worlds, so they can give you an official position as Lego Shill.

AjV6jrP.png

It is done. Alpha Protocol down. Quicker than I feared last night. Kurt, how did you come to the idea I was half-way through after
Rome
? There was only the end left after that. Took only a couple hours.

Anyway, gonna need to digest the game a bit. Gonna write an impression post tomorrow maybe. Game is good but flawed. Very flawed and unpolished and ugly and repetitive. But still fun. I do recommend it with some caveats.

Alpha Protocol's dialog system is what Bioware tried to do with the dialog wheel--cinematic roleplaying with as much purpose as the old, text-driven system.

Kotaku's redesign years ago (when it turned into a slimmed down mobile website) killed my interest in the site. It also started my GAF habit.

Redesigns can do good!
The piranhas, I hate them SO much. :(

----------------------

D&D fans are kinda scary, aren't they?

When someone betrays your expectations for a beloved thing (rated +5 or more in the Personal Interest Sheet) you receive a natural 20 on your outrage check. So it's really no wonder that this is happening.

Lomax

people seem to love it

I think early adopters may have thought it was in the survival genre, which it really isn't. Those of us that picked it up cheap or bundled later found a very enjoyable aRPG with some survival elements.

AjV6jrP.png

It is done. Alpha Protocol down. Quicker than I feared last night. Kurt, how did you come to the idea I was half-way through after
Rome
? There was only the end left after that. Took only a couple hours.

Anyway, gonna need to digest the game a bit. Gonna write an impression post tomorrow maybe. Game is good but flawed. Very flawed and unpolished and ugly and repetitive. But still fun. I do recommend it with some caveats.

I swear I thought that the game had more after that section. Still, if you want to see the real genius in Alpha Protocol, start a new game, get through everything as quick as you can, but do things differently. That's where it really shines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom