• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

There are two kind of people: those that cheered when he got punched in the face and those that think it went too far. Which kind of person are you?

There is a third type: I don't mind Snow so much, and I have no preferences in L punching him or not.

Wishlisted.

My most anticipated games for the rest of this year:
Trails SC (like always)
Paint it Back (October)
Nep Nep 3 (October?)
Tales of Zestiria (October), which I might have to refund, seeing as we still are at 38% only, hopefully not, tho.

In this order

I don't believe that Lightning will return and in Stardew Valley anymore. Probably we are not going to get those this year.

What are yours?

My list:

- Sword Coast Legends
- Tales of Zestiria
- Fallout 4

That's all I need for the rest of the year. I still have Type-0 to finish as well for now.

Didn't pre-order Soma and now it costs an extra 3 dollars.

There wasn't even a pre-load
ibjNTGFtD2MiJw.gif

Edit: Fuck minus
It won't show up on nuuvem or greenman right?

Tizoc

You know when lashman posts about games, it's the actual lashman person.
When I see lashman posts about threads on GAF, I can't help but suspect it's the lashbot.

Uzzy

You made it sound like it is.

Well I certainly didn't intend to. I simply pointed out that program sizes have expanded to take up all available space since basically forever. I had that experience when I first bought an amazingly expensive 8gb Hard Drive and thought that'd I'd never fill it. Then the next version of Windows came along and took up half of that.

I have no idea if it's reasonable in the case of Gearbox's new game. I've no idea what assets they're using, or their quality. Frankly, the fact it's developed by Gearbox should have people running for miles, but they're somehow still popular.

Nzyme32

Does anyone have a link to that post about TF2 Halloween being user created this year?

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=18409

Well it's user created but curated by Valve, so not as open as some other events that were community made. The reasoning for not doing a dedicated event this year is the same as what happened previously with Dota2, where they are apparently working on a significant update for the game that they are prioritising over doing an event. No Source 2 for TF2 though

Jawmuncher

It was DoA well before this announcement to be fair.

2K/Gearbox actually delayed it from this holiday to February. So we'll see if they're able to market it. Will be interesting to see if it was worth the risk or if they had just been better off with more people working on borderlands 3.

I spent almost 80 hours with MGSV and only have a 55% completion rate. It's easily my most played game in, shit i don't remember a game i spent more time with since i was in my teens. Even the last few final fantasies have only been around 40 hours long. I spent about 55 hours with Fallout 3 GOTY on the PS3 before the constant hard locks, framerate hitching, and just overall shittiness was so bad that i didn't even finish the last DLC I had left for it.

I agree with the general sentiment that Chapter 2 is kind of a mess but the game was so damn good 95% of the time that I can't give it too much shit for being a disorganized experience for that last bit. What a game.

Did Steam really go up to almost 10.7m concurrent users or was that a glitch? Because looking at the graph it seems like it. Steam charts list it closer to 10.5m, but that also looks like a weird spike.

They deserved the money.
You used to be funny :(
"A 70GB MOBA game"

read it

now read it again

Do you think this is in anyway reasonable?

You made it sound like it is.

Because MOBA some how means the filesize can't be big. That said the filesize is ridiculous regardless of what kind of game it is.

What about it justifies that much space? Aren't most mobas tiny?

If you think every MOBA looks and acts exactly like LoL and DOTA, sure. That filesize is dumb for any game though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"A 70GB MOBA game"

read it

now read it again

Do you think this is in anyway reasonable?
Only if it has Minecraft-like graphics, roguelike permadeath and a crafting system, with zombies and survival mechanics.

No way this is available on my student account (provided by my university), right? I can't log in from the link in the article.

I spent almost 80 hours with MGSV and only have a 55% completion rate. It's easily my most played game in, shit i don't remember a game i spent more time with since i was in my teens. Even the last few final fantasies have only been around 40 hours long. I spent about 55 hours with Fallout 3 GOTY on the PS3 before the constant hard locks, framerate hitching, and just overall shittiness was so bad that i didn't even finish the last DLC I had left for it.

I agree with the general sentiment that Chapter 2 is kind of a mess but the game was so damn good 95% of the time that I can't give it too much shit for being a disorganized experience for that last bit. What a game.
I agree with this. I hardly play any game beyond 80 hours, and MGSV has easily taken me 151 hours so far, and only 82% completed, and I just want to play more.

MGO is going to be insane. Konami, please utilize VAC.

derExperte

No way this is available on my student account (provided by my university), right? I can't log in from the link in the article.

What license is that exactly? Office isn't part of Dreamspark anymore. Other than that:

Volume License customers will be able to download the bits starting on October 1st.

Or did you buy Office 365 University? Then it is available.

Hektor

Scrolling through the unsung story thread, im so glad i didnt backed this. Its Project Phoenix all over again, probably even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom