• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/x9i50WU.jpg[/IMG

take this as a cautionary tale, AnimeGAF[/QUOTE]

I for one am waiting for thousands students suspended and people fired for playing GTA and obviously having murderous intents.
[SPOILER]
this is totally not real[/SPOILER]

[quote="Ozium, post: 180247180"]I don't anime tho[/QUOTE]

too late for denial

Deques

Who the heck is Koji Oe? I google search gave me this

obZoKJW.png

He got fired four years ago...

Ludens

Banned
Square-Enix really doesn't give a fuck.
Even passing on the crappy port they did with FFV with fucked up tiles in the game, the title also suffers an annoying bug in which it changes randomly your command. So in example you selected Attack, the next turn the command selected is Items, and if you don't look at it, you can waste good items you need.
And this happens every single time. They really don't care at all, I think those ports cost them like 1€ and even if one person bought them, they still gained money, this is why they don't want spend money on fix this garbage. FFIV AE had a bug in which the game, for me, crashed everytime during the final cutscene, while a lot of people suffered from random crashes too. The game never got a patch.

Ozium

Square-Enix really doesn't give a fuck.
Even passing on the crappy port they did with FFV with fucked up tiles in the game, the title also suffers an annoying bug in which it changes randomly your command. So in example you selected Attack, the next turn the command selected is Items, and if you don't look at it, you can waste good items you need.
And this happens every single time. They really don't care at all, I think those ports cost them like 1€ and even if one person bought them, they still gained money, this is why they don't want spend money on fix this garbage. FFIV AE had a bug in which the game, for me, crashed everytime during the final cutscene, while a lot of people suffered from random crashes too. The game never got a patch.

all will be right when LIGHTNING RETURNS

Ozium just wants to stir up some shit

nah someone sent it to me on steam and I thought it was funny I never seen it before slopoke.jpg

Assassin's Creed bundle would be cool. Getting 1-Revelations at Tier 1, 3&BF/Liberation at Tier 2 and Unity+Rouge at Tier 3.

I'd bite at Tier 2 even.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is it really this good? Undertale I mean. I'm wary of that much of praise, seems fishy.
so what's so good about it? no spoilers, please, in case I'll decide to play it.

Well I enjoy it quite a bit and gave me the same joy I felt when I played Bayonetta on the 360 which was just enjoying myself a ton.

The things I like about it thought are is the characters interactions with you and other characters in the game, the unique battle system, the odd humor, the fact that it remembers everything you do even if you don't save/save scum, and the music is used very well. I'm not the best at describing why I like this in particular though since most of the game can be spoiled since events change based on your decisions, but people who watched me said it seemed like Earthbound while not really just being a clone.

Also there is a demo so you can play that and try doing it the way the game tells you and then do another run doing the opposite also check out the dynamic manual while you do these runs.

Demo: http://undertale.com/demo.htm

On the one hand, i don't want the poor FFV sales to cause SE to think that maybe this PC things isn't worth the trouble.

on the other hand, they could've saved themselves some money and grief by releasing just about any other version of FFV on Steam and at least people could applaud them for not releasing a bad RPG Maker version of a classic and doing right by the game.

It's just so strange that one part of the company knows how to handle its classic RPG series (dragon quest) and the other part shits its pants every time they have to release a game (anything FF related for the last decade).

Ozium

best thing about undertale are those insane card prices and insane emote prices.. shit is a gold mine... booster packs sell for like 2 euros I've heard (whatever that is in real money...)

Aaron D.

Spiegel made a report on Simulator games and cited Giants Soft that Farming Simulator 2013 sold 1.25 million. Did we already know that?

Do you have a link for that report? I'd be curious to see how some of the other sims have done.

Good on Giants for those FS13 numbers. I know Euro Truck Simulator gets most of the love around here for the Mundane Vehicle Simulator genre, but Farming Simulator is just as ace, if not better, imo.

Hektor

They shall unshackle the chains of hardware restricted doom hanging uponeth Nier and Drakengard 3, and theyeth sins shall be forgiveth.

yuraya

I'm in the mood for a Humble Resident Evil bundle. Make it happen capcom.

Its going to be a disappointment and everyone will complain.

Jawmuncher

Well I enjoy it quite a bit and gave me the same joy I felt when I played Bayonetta on the 360 which was just enjoying myself a ton.

Damn I can't think of the last time I have had that feeling with a game....probably dark souls was the last time I've been like that. That gut feeling when even when you're not playing you can't just wait to go back in.

We didn't have an Indie one in a century or so...
I'm still guessing Humble Origin 3 Bundle. With bonus Uplay keys for select titles.

I love the indie bundles but for the last 5 or so I already owned all the games :(. That's a specific problem to me though so hopefully it's something that a lot of people will enjoy.

Arthea

Do those still exist? Honest question

I don't think so, we haven't got one for so long, I can't even remember when we had it the last time anymore.

The things I like about it thought are is the characters interactions with you and other characters in the game, the unique battle system, the odd humor, the fact that it remembers everything you do even if you don't save/save scum, and the music is used very well. I'm not the best at describing why I like this in particular though since most of the game can be spoiled since events change based on your decisions, but people who watched me said it seemed like Earthbound while not really just being a clone.

Also there is a demo so you can play that and try doing it the way the game tells you and then do another run doing the opposite also check out the dynamic manual while you do these runs.

Demo: http://undertale.com/demo.htm

I don't like playing a demo of story heavy games, seems like unnecessary spoilers to me.
Thanks for writeup.

Teppic

does anyone buy greenlight bundles anymore?

seeing on groupees we are #31 now... my how far we've come
I'm buying it now and then. I think they have more interesting games than in the regular bundles. Just no preorder since I usually don't want more than two games.

Arthea

Humble Indie Bundle 14 was in April, 2015

The last Origin bundle was right after the last Humble Indie Bundle

you don't say... it feels like a year before if not more.

so you are saying we are skipping Indie Bundle and are going directly for Origin/Uplay this time?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Damn I can't think of the last time I have had that feeling with a game....probably dark souls was the last time I've been like that. That gut feeling when even when you're not playing you can't just wait to go back in.

Yeah it really struck me by surprise since RPGs isn't even in my top 5 genres I enjoy. I've played it about 4 times going for different endings/variations and in progress of a fifth play through to get to things I missed. Only advise I'll give on the game really is do the genocide run last.

I don't like playing a demo of story heavy games, seems like unnecessary spoilers to me.
Thanks for writeup.

Well it's just the tutorial area which introduces you to two main characters and gives you a taste of the games flavor and battle system but going in fresh is good too.

Chariot

A person who likes underage girl or are the underage girls lolicons?
The girls are lolis, the people who consume sexualized material of said lolis are lolicons. Lolicon is also the name of the genre itself. Usually in the context of fictional drawn animal girls.

Or so I heard.

Deques

you don't say... it feels like a year before if not more.

so you are saying we are skipping Indie Bundle and are going directly for Origin/Uplay this time?

I am saying another Origin bundle wouldn't be before another Indie Bundle :p
Or wasn't the question for me?

The girls are lolis, the people who consume sexualized material of said lolis are lolicons. Lolicon is also the name of the genre itself. Usually in the context of fictional drawn animal girls.

Or so I heard.

What?

Someone explain what a lolicon is because if I do a Google search I feel like I'll get raided by the FBI

A person who likes underage girl or are the underage girls lolicons?
Lolis are the underaged girls and lolicons are those that like them.
Although people on GAF just call everything a loli, especially if they don't know what they are talking about because they just hate all things anime so they continually use that word to call everyone who likes anime a disgusting pedo or something. Actual people like that though are a bit strange to say the least to me.

I dunno priorities.

Were you around for the first few humble bundles? It was a magical time

I was didn't post here though at that time though. I still stand by that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom