• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it really struck me by surprise since RPGs isn't even in my top 5 genres I enjoy. I've played it about 4 times going for different endings/variations and in progress of a fifth play through to get to things I missed. Only advise I'll give on the game really is do the genocide run last.

How long is the game? I'm interested in picking it up and definitely will soon but hoping it's not too long.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Jotun

WHZBKxr.jpg

RollerCoaster Tycoon World™

Ozium

Damn I can't think of the last time I have had that feeling with a game....probably dark souls was the last time I've been like that. That gut feeling when even when you're not playing you can't just wait to go back in.

I get this with Mario Maker and Splatoon....

Mario Maker cured me of my desire to not play video games after finishing MGSV

Enthus

The bad part about exams is that I have put my Final Fantasy V playing on hold for a while. The good part is that people are still modding the game, so maybe some cool stuff will be out by the time I come back.

I'm just glad VI won't need half as many fixes...

Kyougar

Do you have a link for that report? I'd be curious to see how some of the other sims have done.

Good on Giants for those FS13 numbers. I know Euro Truck Simulator gets most of the love around here for the Mundane Vehicle Simulator genre, but Farming Simulator is just as ace, if not better, imo.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/games/aerosoft-besuch-bei-einem-simulatoren-hersteller-a-1054507.html

sadly its just a Story about one publisher/dev about the nature and customer of such games.

The 1.25 Million for Farming 2013 are the only numbers.

Arthea

The bad part about exams is that I have put my Final Fantasy V playing on hold for a while. The good part is that people are still modding the game, so maybe some cool stuff will be out by the time I come back.

I'm just glad VI won't need half as many fixes...

... if there will be FF6 on steam, as except of me nobody wants it, as I discovered today.

edited: probably jshackles too, that makes two of us.

Hektor

Why not? Last one was this price IIRC. I just hope that it's good. If it's as good as RCT 3 then I'll happily throw the money their way. If it's as good as RCT2 then they can have all my money.

Im probably just spoiled by stuff like cities skylines, still im sceptical about this game and will wait for reviews. Would be great if the game turns out to be worth the money tho.

Teppic

Layers of Fear is legit scary. It's like they made the game just for me. No enemies to avoid, just horror experiences. It's my favorite horror game next to P.T.

I still don't get what they're trying to do with Hitman. Is it some sort of early access thing? Are they now trying to make the initial launch not look thin as hell? How much post launch content should we expect and how much of it is free and not?

Why can't they release this game without having it seems so confusing

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
RollerCoaster Tycoon World release date set for December

Prior to launch, there will be two beta weekends for those who pre-purchase the game to get an early look.

(...)

They also confirmed that RCTW will include Steam Workshop support at launch—which has certainly done wonders for extending the lifespan of city-building sim Cities: Skylines. RCTW will allow players to upload and share the coasters they build, custom scenery, and other assets, along with saved games and parks. According to Atari, creating your own scenery and "peeps" (park visitors) can be done with any 3D editing program compatible with Unity. Atari couldn't quite confirm there would be deeper mod support in the future, to allow custom-made rides or other changes to the core gameplay, though producer Matt Labunka told me it is "certainly something we're looking at."

(...)

As in RCT3, you can also ride all of your attractions in first-person mode, and in addition to the free camera you'll be able to use an isometric view if that's your jam. RCTW also features gridless object placement to allow players to position buildings and rides at any angle they choose, though there will be an option to 'snap' things in place for more casual players (like me).

Granjinha

.... Six?

Each mission is quite long, though. I'm pretty sure that from impressions and the size of the alpha (only one mission) that these 3 locations and six missions are probably bigger than Absolution. (And better)

I still don't get what they're trying to do with Hitman. Is it some sort of early access thing? Are they now trying to make the initial launch not look thin as hell? How much post launch content should we expect and how much of it is free and not?

Basically, if they did all the game it would take quite a long time still to get it on the hands of the fans. I don't remember the exact details (there's a video about it), but due to the size and possibilities of each mission, they wanted to get it out soon for fans so they could get feedback and make the next (free) locations and missions even better.

Wouldn't say that it's like early acess due to how polished they want to make the already existing places and missions to be, but yeah, there's some similarities.

There's 3 more locations already promised and more coming, AFAIK, so quite a bit of content after launch.

MUnited83

For you.

It's not confusing at all. All post launch content is free, you get all the missions as they release.

.... Six?
Six is plenty.

dex3108

It is Early Access but they don;t want to call it EA, all post launch content will be free but we don't know how much content will be there. And they will bomb so hard if they keep that 60$ price.

I didn't think Japan could surprise me anymore

Then they started selling Pokemon butts

I like Poké butts and I can not lie
You other trainers can't deny

hmm, looked like a game of similar quality to cities with about the same budget.

But this is a bit much, would pay $30 maybe but never $50.

If it works as advertised, $50 is fair to me but then I love this stuff.

Thats disappointing. I was hoping with the delay more content would be added.

I believe they are trying to create a game you won't want to trade in or get a refund because you are holding out for more content to be delivered.

Finding a loophole into Steam Refunds.

It is Early Access but they don;t want to call it EA, all post launch content will be free but we don't know how much content will be there. And they will bomb so hard if they keep that 60$ price.

It's not really Early Access though unless you consider Telltale games or Life is Strange to be early access.

but if Hitman bombs are we really going to see those extra downloadable missions though?

The whole thing seems to be some sort of experiment in releasing half a game and hoping that enough money comes in to justify producing the other half. i find it to be troubling and a sign that SE does not have enough confidence in the product to fully greenlight a whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom