• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

s6dGPDY.png

GaussTek

OK, I give up, you don't want it, period.
I still will buy FF6 if it's ever released and even replay it on steam. I plan to replay FF5 too, that's why I bought it.

I'm with you I'd take that over nothing. And, that's what I personally love about PC gaming: the variety. I mean, we can get stuff from this gen, last and older gens, mobile ports, F2P, Early Access, MOBAs, MMOs, tons of weird indies, tons of VNs... lol (something that you'd hardly see on a console).

So yeah, I'm -again personally- ok with FF V and I really hope FF VI releases soon too.

dex3108

Anyway, why are you telling the full game is cheap?
It's priced exactly like other PC releases, 60$ (so probably 60€).
You spare 5€ only in the case you take the intro first and the other 30€ pack later.

I said few post before you are punished if you support them early with that 35$ purchase. You will end up paying more than somebody who will wait and get whole package for 60$.

If they introduced Tiers they could at least make them 30+30$ not 35+30$.

In other news enjoy in special Just Dance song that Ubisoft made.

https://youtu.be/hwy-IxDN_3g

KingKong

And yes, IO interactive dead-set on delivering a great Hitman experience again and are actually taking fan feedback in and building the game around that instead of doing another Absolution . How is this a bad thing?

do you honestly believe that? they have managed to deliver a great Hitman experience only once so far and then their follow up showed they learned absolutely nothing from why Blood Money was good

I'm sure Robomodo is trying their hardest too

Copons

Here is how Hitman release and content looks like
13304603918640.195.c99571e18da7a63b1b47aa95856acc1b.jpg

Not impressed.

The fuck is "Italy: Sapienza"?
There is no city called Sapienza in Italy, except che so called "university city" of La Sapienza, which is the main university in Rome.

Are they going to set a sandbox location in my University?
Color me intrigued if I'll be able to recreate the Murder of Marta Russo.

Ludens

Banned
I said few post before you are punished if you support them early with that 35$ purchase. You will end up paying more than somebody who will wait and get whole package for 60$.

I mean you spare 5€ if you take the full pack instead the two packs. My bad because what I wrote was confusing, it was pretty much what you already wrote before me :)

The fuck is "Italy: Sapienza"?
There is no city called Sapienza in Italy, except che so called "university city" of La Sapienza, which is the main university in Rome.

Are they going to set a sandbox location in my University?
Color me intrigued if I'll be able to recreate the Murder of Marta Russo.

Mine too, can we kill the target when he tries to escape in Viale Ippocrate or it's better waiting to drown him in the main pool under the Minerva?

MUnited83

For you.

You can always wait. Of course buying the half-version isn't as benefitial as buying the whole thing. They need a reason for people to buy the whole thing. Why would anyone buy the whole game if it wasn't this way?

Momentary

Banned
Please don't. He was the worst kind of negative person you can find.

GAF is much better off without him.

I don't know... I just tried 20 minutes of it. Feels like a clone of a game I used to play back in the day called Frantic, which was a Flash game that had more depth and variety despite being a much older title. I love a good shmup as much as anyone else, but this felt really lame. Haven't tried the beta yet.

The recommendations I've been going for as of late haven't impressed me.

That's what the beta was for. The Original version of the game is MEDIOCRE.

You say you miss Derrick, but what you just said sounds exactly like something he would have said.

dex3108

You can always wait. Of course buying the half-version isn't as benefitial as buying the whole thing. They need a reason for people to buy the whole thing. Why would anyone buy the whole game if it wasn't this way?

I mean you spare 5€ if you take the full pack instead the two packs. My bad because what I wrote was confusing, it was pretty much what you already wrote before me :)

I just believe that if you ask for money early for unfinished game and people support you you should give something back to them. People are scared for a reason when Hitman release plans are in question and they want to be cautious so they by starter (early) pack to see how it will feel, look and play. And Square/IO is punishing them even though this whole launch/release shenanigans is their fault.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm with you I'd take that over nothing. And, that's what I personally love about PC gaming: the variety. I mean, we can get stuff from this gen, last and older gens, mobile ports, F2P, Early Access, MOBAs, MMOs, tons of weird indies, tons of VNs... lol (something that you'd hardly see on a console).

So yeah, I'm -again personally- ok with FF V and I really hope FF VI releases soon too.

Here here! Although as I said earlier in the thread I'm personally hoping that we see a port of Final Fantasy Dimensions before we see FFVI, but that's just me.

PC gaming is great because there are so many great games available (and more coming out all the time) that there really is something for everyone. If you don't like a particular game, start playing another and you're sure to eventually find something that's right for you. With sites like Humble, Gala, and Groupees there's never a shortage of good games to play for cheap.

Copons

Mine too, can we kill the target when he tries to escape in Viale Ippocrate or it's better waiting to drowning m in the main pool under the Minerva?

There would be so many possibilities of revenge against random things that happened back in the day.
Like kill all the copy shops of viale Ippocrate for their scam prices on degree thesis.
Or exterminate the hippies occupying the ground floor rooms of the Literature building.
And that fucking coffee machine at Math that stole me way too many coins, I'd totally destroy that too.

Actually, I'd rather have a Just Cause set in Sapienza than a Hitman.

Kyougar

but if Hitman bombs are we really going to see those extra downloadable missions though?

The whole thing seems to be some sort of experiment in releasing half a game and hoping that enough money comes in to justify producing the other half. i find it to be troubling and a sign that SE does not have enough confidence in the product to fully greenlight a whole game.

thats why i dont buy into "We release more story later" games if they are not episodic games.

Remember Dark dreams dont die? Dev said he will release more story later and it was cliffhanger ending. Game bombed hard and there is no more story.

Not sure why I'm doing this to myself but I keep on playing GTAIV:Episodes. My God, the writing and characters are pure shite. How in the world did this junk get through in dev. I see they went for the extreme stereotype, cliche and went satirical but man, they fucked up bad. Hearing nigger, faggot, homo, queer, pussy, bitch, cocksucker and all other garbage a felt thousand times does NOT make the game mature themed. Feels like a prepubescent teenagers wannabe-gangster fever dream.

Driving and the crazy detailed world are great though, feels alive.
On foot movement is slow, very tanky. To the point going on foot and shooting becoming a joy-kill.

Is GTAV's writing and characters absolutely garbage-tier like this?

Soulflarz

Banned
thats why i dont buy into "We release more story later" games if they are not episodic games.

Remember Dark dreams dont die? Dev said he will release more story later and it was cliffhanger ending. Game bombed hard and there is no more story.

What are you talking about? SWERY is infamous for taking forever. Deadly Premonition took 6 years and D4 episode one took...four? We're getting a part 2 even, the game hardly bombed compared to his other works. Reminder Deadly Premonition sold 3/4k in japan. The only reason that isn't getting anything extra is because they don't own the license, Marvelous does.

So yeah, D4 is getting another part. This isn't even me speaking from "analysis", it's been confirmed.

Ruruja

Here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime -- MB-5C3B3C4EC0B007E1 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 3 entrants total.

t1443543442z1.png

Ozium

watching the prison architect video from EGX and I'm really excited for the full release.. the two new modes sound good to me (story mode that is essentially a tutorial to get you used to the sandbox mode) and the escape mode...

now I wonder if I should have played it before (I usually do play EA games but for some reason I never tried Prison Architect despite owning it.. I think I was scared I would be too overwhelmed or something)

it comes out Thursday?

AHA-Lambda

Just finished 80 Days and really quite enjoyed it but, call me a cheapskate, £7 is a bit too much for me when I finished it in 2 hours.

There's definitely replayability there however, I think you would need a couple playthroughs to get your money worth.

Tizoc

Just finished 80 Days and really quite enjoyed it but, call me a cheapskate, £7 is a bit too much for me when I finished it in 2 hours.

There's definitely replayability there however, I think you would need a couple playthroughs to get your money worth.

For 7 Pounds, a game with replayability is well worth the money.
This is something AAA games have eroded in people's mentality; replay-ability is very important for a game.

AHA-Lambda

For 7 Pounds, a game with replayability is well worth the money.
This is something AAA games have eroded in people's mentality; replay-ability is very important for a game.

Quite true, but it's just cos I don't think I will be replaying it any time soon with other games coming up, and it's worth noting that you may feel burned if you only give this the one playthrough.

EDIT: Actually, I partly take this back, looking at the game's achievements there is alot here I didn't know about! I still think the above is worth mentioning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom