• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Arbitrary resolution support?

It's missing PS4 textures and has some issues with XBOX One and other controllers, but that's about it. Doesn't support 768 and anything about 1080p. It does seem like it is their best port on PC. Hopefully they might learn to actually not use last gen assessts next time and learn to implement graphical settings that allow lower end systems to run it instead of just not having those options there for people who can run it.

Had anyone here built a computer desk? That is, a desk that keeps the pc tower inside it. I need a better one than ikea, and can keep tech away from small fingers.

Momentary

Banned
Also Arcana Heart has good net code somehow... I can't believe it.

Don't take this as it's going to work miracles across vast distances.

inm8num2

I messed up copying a previous Modbot PM format, so be sure to highlight the entire line w/ Super Cyborg since that key is registered as including the start quote tag.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

inm8num2 said:
Super Cyborg -- MB-5F2AB92140B132AE - Taken by gurm3n
Oniken -- MB-57EF442511A74332 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Salsa

the adventures of me trying and failing to buy Armikrog at the last minute from my hotel room cause the wifi is absolute shit

NjD3ACY.jpg

will I achieve it

Salsa

its actually a super cheap one bedroom apartament in some hotel like building and its actually real nice for what it costs

I aint complaining

other than the wifi

I would except routers aren't cheap and college budget ;-;

(And my gaming computer is wired, which is ~90 megabits down)

I mean, yeah, twitter wont load on my phone and my vita downloads are hell on earth, BUT STILL.
Or, you could get a cheap wifi card for your PC(or an external USB one), and broadcast signal from your PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.9.2. This is a maintenance release that includes the following changes:
  • Fixed layout issues with the market page
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Just finished MGS5 and I'll write up a bit more tomorrow, but...

....whatthefuck.

MGS4 > MGS5

I guess it's safe to uninstall it from my Steam then.
Dropped it on mission 20, and I don't think I'll ever go back these days with these abundant new games coming out shortly. See you soon, Snake..

Just finished MGS5 and I'll write up a bit more tomorrow, but...

....whatthefuck.

MGS4 > MGS5

i wish i completed it too. in fact i probably would've been done now if it wasn't for my teacher decided to shit on us with all this extra work outta no where

still salty as fuck

srsly though, im going to sleep now, i got a lot of shit to do tmrw

whats wrong with mgs 5? seems great to me.

Ending, Quiet, most of cutscenes being spoiled in trailers, and probably a couple other things im missing.

For that whole couple of weeks it took me to beat MGSV, I was exacited as hell and I loved it. In retrospect, now Im just kinda mad and super disappointed that this is the final Kojima MGS game. Its a great game but kind of a bad mgs game

I wonder how many spooky games will come out in October. I mean a bunch of crappy of those First Person Horror games come out everyday so I don't know how much that will change.

Knurek

Skylake has got to be the weakest launch Intel has ever had ever since Pentium 4.
The non-K versions of desktop CPUs have been released a month ago, there are no reviews of them anywhere, no motherboards to support them (other than K oriented Z107 ones), DDR4 is still amazingly expensive, and best of all, they all seem to lose performance when compared to Haswell...
Seriously, wtf?

Wow.

This is the second game in like a week to have this happen, isn't it? (entirely different companies for both, but still).

Crazy times we live in.

Another key part from the link:
Although the servers will go offline tonight, and there will be a significant interruption of service for Minimum, we at Human Head will do our best to get the game back into a state where it can be played by everyone who paid for it. We’re developing a strategy to remove Mber-related features and make it so that anyone who owns Minimum can run a public game server for it. We’ll be doing all of this on our own dime and of our own volition to show our appreciation and respect for all of you. It may take some time and we can’t give you a specific timeline yet, but we hope you’ll be patient with us as we try to figure out how to make this work.

Also, damn at the previous news post:
Server Downtime
29 September - Minimum*****
Minimum Users,

We are anticipating some disruption with our Account/Server system, which may affect user ability to login to the game over the next few days. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We will update as soon as additional information is available.

Ozium

holy shit I just watched a video of tony hawk 5 glitches and it looks fucking amazing

is this dank ass shit coming to STEAM?

Ludens

Banned
If you are a person who highly values gameplay, then MGSV will likely be among your top games for the year. If your adoration of the Metal Gear series begins with a love for the crazy plot, then you will likely be disappointed.

Or simply if you like games with a proper plot, since MGSV has no plot at all with no ending.
It's not that you NEED to adore MGS franchise in order to ask for a proper plot, a thing missing here, since the game is just a collection of episode and some of them won't be concluded because Konami had the amazing idea to cut off those sections in order to release the game.
Even excluding this, the game is very repetitive: you visit the same outpost 500 times, a lot of main missions are just glorified filler and they do not actually bring usefull info about the plot (exactly like extra ops in GZ).
Is the game funny? Yes it is. Stealth side, is the best product you can buy at the moment.
But the game has also several issues, and it suffers from being released too early while it's clear Kojima want to do something else with V, but Konami stopped the project because hey, they need to do money after all and MGSV sucked a lot of them for many years, so V is what remains now.

I can justify the repetition in a product like Peace Walker, with very short missions and aimed for a different audience (the one using portable devices, since it's clear PW was designed around this feature, short session but a lot of them). Still, Peace Walker was less repetitive than TPP because there was a good variation, even dispatch system was much, much better, since you can decide what vehicles send on battle, while on TPP even if you own 100 tanks, you can only send the amount the game decides for you, and the failure rate is way too high even with 95% of success.Those are just gimmicks in order to artificially increase the game's lenght.

Sober

Finished Ballad of Gay Tony, probably the most enjoyable GTA4 chapter.

Thinking of just putting down dosh for GTA5 on Steam right now, pretty sure a sale won't show up until maybe the Halloween one and it won't be there anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Finished Ballad of Gay Tony, probably the most enjoyable GTA4 chapter.

Thinking of just putting down dosh for GTA5 on Steam right now, pretty sure a sale won't show up until maybe the Halloween one and it won't be there anyway.

gay tony is actually pretty great

i really felt like playing it the other day after watching john wick

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rubber and Lead -- MB-4BCA783471139830 - Taken by anastef
Cashtronauts -- MB-78F889CC92DAAE8B - Taken by Mikurden
Cute Things Dying Violently -- MB-88B91D8ACB7C935A - Taken by Saty
Advent -- MB-370698C279732E74 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Driveby Gangster -- MB-2CCE2AE250D64C82 - Taken by Kuroyume
Cargo 3 -- MB-F7AF06DD905F3D23 - Taken by Ozium
House of Caravan -- MB-361135FC13277617 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Trip: Steam Edition -- MB-1B306E2A4BDF5A45 - Taken by fuzzy123
The Princess' Heart -- MB-F5123C1A4EBF1D0F - Taken by rainking187
A-Men -- MB-4D270C97C7D6D77D - Taken by Hektor

Status
Not open for further replies.