• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of page reminder that Overlord: Fellowship of Evil still exists and is still a bummer.

Triumph before Evil.

Now, in entirely unrelated news:
Update Song

for the inevitable news post when DOS2 shatters its Kickstarter target and unveils the third set of stretch goals.

Nzyme32

Oooh, awesome. Video is private, but I checked it out elsewhere. This is definitely going on my watch list.

Video is private?

Here is a mirror - http://vs8.3djuegos.com/videos/mp4/The_Beginner_s_Guide_Trailer.mp4?3425603

I think the trailer was meant to be out tomorrow. The video was an unlisted one from the developer, so must have been set to private just recently. The video even says "now available" even though it won't be till Oct 1st

Zeknurn

Hektor

Im 100% sure D:OS is going to be a tad more expensive then the first one. Thats how you do things, first you build a good reputation than you slowly raise the price with every game.

Top of page reminder that Overlord: Fellowship of Evil still exists and is still a bummer.

Triumph before Evil.

In the meantime, ray's the dead is still not released.

€: Also, your Link is redirecting me to Age of Wonders III.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).

t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-CEF2D716B009C7E1 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut -- MB-880B4BEAB9758F79 - Taken by aw350

Edit: Oops, that was meant to be a raffle! Oh well, have at it.

While MGS5 definitely has it's issues, I feel being light on plot is still better than a plot that actively made me think less of the series like MGS4 did. MGS4 also had a similar issue as MGS2 in that half the game is just walking a couple of steps forward and triggering the next cutscene, and while I liked the gameplay in those games, they didn't utilize it enough.

So overall I'd still put 5 over 4 easily.

5 has the plot development of Nepoleon Dynamite. Things just happens and events aren't really tied together, then at the end....you realize not a fucking thing happened at all.

Seriously, if they ended at Chapter 1...Ok. MOST bits were resolved in some way or another.

Chapter 2 is an utter shit show. The intro includes so much shit that isn't even in the story. They abandoned the goddamn
Metal Gear
plot half way through and basically ignore it. And then you get to finish QWOP'ing all over again. If all the cut bits had been included and things were properly wrapped up, I may agree with you. But as a final Kojima MGS game, it's not great. Only reason I may include it in my GOTY voting is because I don't play many games.

4's story may have been an incoherent mess, but at least it stumbled in the same direction throughout and contained a decent payoff.

So all those games that crazyrabbits cheated unlocked ingame items?

You got it. Alien Swarm, Poker Night... there was stuff I've played in the past, but I have no interest reinstalling just to get a handful of cosmetic items. Better to just do it all in one shot.

I've never been big on achievements anyway, with certain exceptions.

Saty

The developer behind DieselStormers must change the name of the game after clothing brand Diesel won a trademark dispute.

The dispute began in July 2014 when Black Forest Games, maker of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, received a trademark claim from Diesel over the name of its co-op arena brawler, Dieselstormers, which was funded through Kickstarter and released to Steam Early Access in July 2014
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ange-name-after-diesel-wins-trademark-dispute

madjoki

Seems they are totally trenched with this dispute.

Also, as if you can fucking trademark the word Diesel. Breaking that trademark everytime I fill up my car.

Diesel's trademark covers things outside of clothes, such as toothpaste, walking sticks, Christmas tree decorations - and games.

Nope. I doubt it would've been granted if they wanted it for anything related to cars.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-48B99E505DF5D834 - Taken by Ryne

Maniac

Banned
The biggest issue i had with Witcha 3's combat (And the game in general) is how little variety there is. You dont learn any new skills, attacks, you dont get any new weapons and you dont get to see any new enemys. Its like they took Witcha 2 and just stretched it to have double the size.

You do get new attacks though. And the alternative modes for signs are also very different from the base sign in some cases.

Ryne

Thanks Mr/Mrs Benefactor!

Win one, give one away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ryne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jotun -- MB-B84EB45117B2961D - Taken by shockdude. 16 entrants total.

t1443614245z1.png

Jawmuncher

Afraid? Got something to hide? Don't worry, we'll get to you soon.

image32shg.gif

But in seriousness though it's just that usually it's like a page of someone just getting railed on for something that isn't even a big deal. Surprised everyone didn't go nuts about crazyrabbits like they did with lord.

Ludens

Banned
EDIT: I triggered another bug in MGSV. This is the most unpolished game on the franchise.
At this point it's pretty much useless aiming for 100% if something crappy can happen like it did (a container I need to complete all objectives in a mission is missing).

dex3108

Stronghold design in Mad Max is really, really good. Every place feels unique and i am really surprised how small they look from outside but how huge they are when you start to explore them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom