• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I triggered another bug in MGSV. This is the most unpolished game on the franchise.
At this point it's pretty much useless aiming for 100% if something crappy can happen like it did (a container I need to complete all objectives in a mission is missing).

Lingua Franca's convo mission task is buggy, but I found a sequence to trigger it. Gave me trouble for 3 hours to accomplish it :/

And yeah, that sucks. It's best to do some other missions or sideops until those containers respawn

Ludens

Banned
Lingua Franca's convo mission task is buggy, but I found a sequence to trigger it. Gave me trouble for 3 hours to accomplish it :/

And yeah, that sucks. It's best to do some other missions or sideops until those containers respawn

I did other missions for like two hours, but nothing spawns :S
Can you tell me the bug in Lingua Franca and how to avoid it?
I'm doing optional tasks very randomly, usually I play a mission, and right after I do the redux version since tasks are always the same.

No price visible in Germany. Am I missing out on a good deal?
We got another cheater amongst us

5zRgb68.png
You know, there are tons of people owning games on multiple platforms/accounts who enable chievos once they got them on other platforms.
Even if not in this case, who cares really? Really?

Chariot

I'm doing optional tasks very randomly, usually I play a mission, and right after I do the redux version since tasks are always the same.
It's very easy to fuck up the progress of the translators path by raising alert somewhere. The safest way is to ignore everything and just wait for him to go from save distance.

Start during day time 0600 and after completing the second convo, wait for night, which will trigger the 3rd and final one. If you start during night ir if it becomes night during the mission, then there's a bug where no conversation occurs with the second convo, and if it becomes day while progressing for the third one, then no conversation triggers.

Ludens

Banned
Start during day time 0600 and after completing the second convo, wait for night, which will trigger the 3rd and final one. If you start during night ir if it becomes night during the mission, then there's a bug where no conversation occurs with the second convo, and if it becomes day while progressing for the third one, then no conversation triggers.

How this passed QA? Lol.
Thanks anyway :)

Ozium

It is about the integrity of achievements and what they mean to the ethos of the gaming community. That we have overcome challenges and that we have achieved mastery. Or semi-mastery... Sometimes luck. It is about transforming your experience into something virtually tangible so that you can look yourself in the mirror without feeling shame.

It serves as a memento of your experience of mastery and a commemoration of your will to power. Viewing them recalls vivid memories of climbing towers or destroying outposts. Much like a parent's love of their child, achievements are something that will be cherished forever. These things cannot be taken, they must be earned.

Ludens

Banned
It is about the integrity of achievements and what they mean to the ethos of the gaming community. That we have overcome challenges and that we have achieved mastery. Or semi-mastery... Sometimes luck. It is about transforming your experience into something virtually tangible so that you can look yourself in the mirror without feeling shame.

It serves as a memento of your experience of mastery and a commemoration of your will to power. Viewing them recalls vivid memories of climbing towers or destroying outposts. Much like a parents love of their child, achievements are something that will be cherished forever. These things cannot be taken, they must be earned.

A Hideo Kojima's post.

L.O.R.D

It serves as a memento of your experience of mastery and a commemoration of your will to power. Viewing them recalls vivid memories of climbing towers or destroying outposts. Much like a parent's love of their child, achievements are something that will be cherished forever. These things cannot be taken, they must be earned.

the great Poet Ozium

Jawmuncher

I love it.

It serves as a memento of your experience of mastery and a commemoration of your will to power. Viewing them recalls vivid memories of climbing towers or destroying outposts. Much like a parents love of their child, achievements are something that will be cherished forever. These things cannot be taken, they must be earned.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one in the same thing.

rtcn63

On the plus side, the steam version of MGSV isn't prone to crashes. I haven't had one in 100 hours. Came close though recently, when a hostage died in my arms, and the game screen stayed red and slow for a VERY long time.

Been playing Assassin's Creed 2 serious for the first time and I'm starting to really enjoy it. While I have it on steam, of course it's tied to Uplay. I wish it had Steam achievements. It has Uplay points but they don't seem to be tied to similar Achievements on the 360. Also since Uplay's redesign, I don't think Uplay points can be used for anything anymore.

Any how, just made it to Venice and I'm thinking, "Hell yeah, I'm loving this. I'm going to play the Ezio trilogy back to back." This is going to end in tears, isn't it?

Oh and next month:

STEAM | October 2015: Where is my Hoverboard?

dex3108

Been playing Assassin's Creed 2 serious for the first time and I'm starting to really enjoy it. While I have it on steam, of course it's tied to Uplay. I wish it had Steam achievements. It has Uplay points but they don't seem to be tied to similar Achievements on the 360. Also since Uplay's redesign, I don't think Uplay points can be used for anything anymore.

Any how, just made it to Venice and I'm thinking, "Hell yeah, I'm loving this. I'm going to play the Ezio trilogy back to back." This is going to end in tears, isn't it?

They removed UPlay Rewards in new Client Update but they will be back probably before AC Syndicate is out. They are working on something new according to their changelog.

I loved Ezio trilogy, even Revelations.

Sch1sm

A possibility. Nothing really shook me until the ending of Revelations, really, but different foooolks. All depends on your attachments throughout the games.

Beautiful.

Arthea

so... if nobody cares about achievements, why they can't be called on cheating? Makes no sense.
Because you see, cheating is cheating, it doesn't matter what reasons are behind this. Unlocking achievements because you got them on other platforms is still cheating.

I wouldn't have problems with people cheating, because hey it's only a game and it's not my business how someone plays them, but! cheated achievements screws statistics for the rest of us, that care about such things, that's why I don't approve and never will, for any reasons.

you know... that might be your best post ever, print it and hang on the wall, for all to see.

lol good one ozi

Jawmuncher

Played AC1-Brohood and had no connection to anyone. Games just aren't for me. Sad thing is that I still have AC3 just sitting on steam, unplayed.

Haunted

I think I'll unlock a couple ultra rare ones in the manager to celebrate that post.

So, 'STEAM | October 2015 - The Absence of Games' has to be next month's title right?
I am Draught, the absence of games?

there's been quite a few games tho

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Nah, the first 10 hours were awesome. The game should have ended then and there.

I couldn't give a flying about how others view achievements. Mine are really just for me. But isn't it a little dangerous doing it on games that are VAC enabled like TF2?

Jawmuncher

so... if nobody cares about achievements, why they can't be called on cheating? Makes no sense.
Because you see, cheating is cheating, it doesn't matter what reasons are behind this. Unlocking achievements because you got them on other platforms is still cheating.

I wouldn't have problems with people cheating, because hey it's only a game and it's not my business how someone plays them, but! cheated achievements screws statistics for the rest of us, that care about such things, that's why I don't approve and never will, for any reasons.

you know... that might be your best post ever, print it and hang on the wall, for all to see.

You're over exaggerating how much these people are really affecting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom