• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
no, you don't know anything about it and your words are just that words, like mine, deal?
All in one second? Don't make me laugh, at least most people don't care enough to hide that they cheat.

It does hurt, you should try to prove to dev that achievements are buggy when obviously people get them.
It doesn't hurt at all. If the achievements are buggy people will complain about it either way. The devs aren't looking at the percentagem and saying "oh! One guy unlocked it, so there's no problemas!" Thats not how it works.

And did you seriously check every single one of those TF2 achievements to see if they were all unlocked in the same second? Like, do you do this all the time?

Also, nah, my words are more reasonable.

rtcn63

Don't want to mod. Besides, it's my second playthrough, and I should consider playing something else. Maybe replay Blacklist, but uplay... how long do you think it'll take to download 20GB? Should I have started three weeks ago?

Ruruja

Don't want to mod. Besides, it's my second playthrough, and I should consider playing something else. Maybe replay Blacklist, but uplay... how long do you think it'll take to download 20GB? Should I have started three weeks ago?

D-Dog is best buddy anyways.

Arthea

I like checking out folks' cheevos/trophies as a kind of reality check. Like I was just on the trophy page of some 24/7 Sony shill and he apparently actually hates playing games on his beloved PlayStation Entertainment Systems, hasn't finished one in years, has not even one single Platinum and overall only a fraction of the trophies I have. That's fucking hilarious in my book and makes you wonder. Other than that I agree once again with Ozi the Wise, they are like a log of what I've played over the years and I actually enjoy checking out what others have or haven't done in the games I played. Cheating ruins that, doing it to get some items is at least an understandable reason but regularly? Just weird.

about that... that's not good indication of anything, I have this one friend that plays and finishes insane amount of games and has no single platinum, I'm not sure he ever even checked game's achievements. It's possible to finish some games and get like two or three achievements.
That's not weird or unusual, some people really don't care about 100%-ing games and it's OK. We all are different after all, not to mention the life is less boring this way.

I used not to care about achievements too, but I always had 100% done and proud of it bug, so finally achievements got to me, it was only matter of time.

It doesn't hurt at all. If the achievements are buggy people will complain about it either way. The devs aren't looking at the percentagem and saying "oh! One guy unlocked it, so there's no problemas!" Thats not how it works.

And did you seriously check every single one of those TF2 achievements to see if they were all unlocked in the same second? Like, do you do this all the time?

Also, nah, my words are more reasonable.

I never said 100% obsession is reasonable, it's just charming, no?

you don't need to check them one by one, could it be that you never checked how achievements page looks? kinda funny

about that... that's not good indication of anything, I have this one friend that plays and finishes insane amount of games and has no single platinum, I'm not sure he ever even checked game's achievements. It's possible to finish some games and get like two or three achievements.
That's not weird or unusual, some people really don't care about 100%-ing games and it's OK. We all are different after all, not to mention the life is less boring this way.

I used not to care about achievements too, but I always had 100% done and proud of it bug, so finally achievements got to me, it was only matter of time.

BTW, I just unlocked every achievement in Civ V. In one second.

I love you too.

I don't see October as an empty month, we are getting Nep Nep 3, Lightning will return and Trails SC will be finally released
yep, mojo again

Lightning Returns is in October? Wasn't aware of this, I can't even find a steam page for the game, I've been assuming the worst about that game for months. 13 / 13-2 had so many problems I can't imagine the state lighting returns would have been in if actually came out back in the spring.

Haunted

Maybe I didn't use the achievement manager.

Maybe I just had a very productive day getting ~700 achievements in the span of 15 minutes.

MUnited83

For you.

I never said 100% obsession is reasonable, it's just charming, no?

you don't need to check them one by one, could it be that you never checked how achievements page looks? kinda funny

You need to check each person's individual achievement page for TF2, so yeah, you'd need to purposefully check it everytime you think someone is doing that.

Arthea

BTW, I just unlocked every achievement in Civ V. In one second.

I love you too.

this one really hurt, yeah

You need to check each person's individual achievement page for TF2, so yeah, you'd need to purposefully check it everytime you think someone is doing that.

That's one click, OK two
yeah I check sometimes, especially when I see massive unlocking of cheevos. It's totally not weird

Lightning Returns is in October? Wasn't aware of this, I can't even find a steam page for the game, I've been assuming the worst about that game for months. 13 / 13-2 had so many problems I can't imagine the state lighting returns would have been in if actually came out back in the spring.

This was just mojo, you try to shape reality by insisting something is going to happen

sorry

Parsnip

Been playing Assassin's Creed 2 serious for the first time and I'm starting to really enjoy it. While I have it on steam, of course it's tied to Uplay. I wish it had Steam achievements. It has Uplay points but they don't seem to be tied to similar Achievements on the 360. Also since Uplay's redesign, I don't think Uplay points can be used for anything anymore.

Any how, just made it to Venice and I'm thinking, "Hell yeah, I'm loving this. I'm going to play the Ezio trilogy back to back." This is going to end in tears, isn't it?

Oh and next month:

STEAM | October 2015: Where is my Hoverboard?

Ezio Trilogy is pretty good all around, even Revelations.
Revelations is more or less just more Brotherhood in a new city with some dumb minigames spliced into the experience. So playing them all back to back might be a bit too much.

derExperte

Revelations is also very short, main story can be done in under 10hrs.

Oh trust me I know which is which, TLOU gave me only three bronze trophies for example but it's easy to spot bullshitters.

L.O.R.D

ok , lets change the subject

looking at some FF XV photos and saw this

CQJ2dV8VEAAB06v.jpg

damn , i really like that hear style
i think i am in love
it very beautiful
is it in game engine or CGI ?

Dr Dogg

A much better article than the one linked in that thread.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9673/...loud-gaming-service-goes-the-subscription-way

As for the structure of the service, back in March NVIDIA announced that this would be a multi-tier basic/premium service. However as things have been finalized, NVIDIA has reduced that to a single tier of paid service, and there has been no talk of a basic or free service ala the current free beta. As such the GeForce NOW service will be priced at $8/month, with a 3-month free trial period starting after sign-up.

Finally hit the skill ceiling at Spelunky. I'm getting rekt left and right. Time to git gud but I suck. Ah well, got tons of hours of joy out of it. Will give it quick play every now and then.

aw350

Banned
First try at raffles, a nice game I already have.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aw350, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Goodbye Deponia -- MB-6E5F05FD1D4E527E - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.

t1443622346z1.png

Unai

I learned a long time ago that achievements were meaningless in regards to my enjoyment of a game. As long as I'm having fun and find there's enough replay value, I'll put in 40-50 hours easy, even if I don't find everything.

The thing is, I do enjoy achievements even though I almost never go for the 100%. I just to like to see my list and see that in 2012 I've killed cesar in New Vegas and 3 years later I've finished the side quest X, etc.

Jawmuncher

Really not much of a loss for MS. Their stuff wasn't bad for the most part, but they weren't exactly bringing in the sales for MS or anything.

Phawx

I really really like achievements, but I have a few rules for them.

1.) If an achievement is based on collectibles, I skip it.
2.) If an achievement is based on some multiplayer requirement that requires months of play. I don't aim for it.
3.) If an achievement has some one-off goofy but hard to pull off requirement, I make it my life's mission to accomplish it.

2.) If an achievement is based on some multiplayer requirement that requires months of play. I don't aim for it.
3.) If an achievement has some one-off goofy but hard to pull off requirement, I make it my life's mission to accomplish it.

These are the worst. Saints Row where you have to play the full game co-op to get achievements :(

Arthea

I'm so with you on this, I hate when devs do that, but I guess these achievements are good for people that play games for mp only.

derExperte

DiRT Rally 4.7GB update.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/483366528900761143/

DiRT Rally - Flying Finland Update
It’s time for version 0.8 and we are returning to our rally roots with the mighty Flying Finland pack. We’ve added 12 new stages from Finland, the world’s fastest rally and two iconic cars driven by our local heroes from one of the greatest battles in rally championship history.

Add to this a new game mode and loads of fixes and features and this pack is almost as big as those Finnish jumps and crests.

Oh, and did we mention mouse support for the menus? You did want that right...?

So here is what’s new:

12 new rally stages near Jämsä, Finland
All new 2000s vehicle class
2 new cars - Subaru Impreza 2001 and Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
Custom Championships – You can now tweak the number of events, stages and AI difficulty. This will mean that you can set up an event that suits the amount of time you have available and get rewarded accordingly.
Mouse Support! – Yep you asked for it so here it is. It’s still a work in progress so please give us your feedback on how we can improve it.
We’ve reworked the handling on our 60s, 70s, 80s RWD and 2010s classes – these changes have seen improvements to the way we model suspension and tyres, along with engine and aero rework they really make the cars feel a lot more dynamic to drive.
We’ve updated the engine audio for the 1995 Subaru Impreza in the Group A class. We’d like to say a massive thank you to Ryan Champion for letting us use his awesome car for the recording!
We’ve wrapped our replays so you can rewind from the start of a replay to watch the final section of your run much faster than you could before.
We’ve added a new ‘Invite Friends’ option in the lobby to make it easier for you to get the people you want into your PVP races.

Here’s what we’ve fixed:
The audio FX levels for the surfaces and kick up have been brought back so that you can hear all that gravely goodness.
We sent our Rallycross AI drivers to the opticians so that they can now see when they need to avoid other cars when they are approaching the joker entrance.
Now that they can see better they are also setting faster laps.
We’ve fixed the camera clipping in certain camera angles when you changed the Field of View.
We’ve made some Hyper threading fixes that should now prevent those annoying stuttering issues that some of you were having.
We’ve stopped the Engineer contract lengths and costs from being affected when competing in league events.
Toggling Push to Talk or enabling/disabling voice communications through the pause menu is now actually working.
The Reset Timer has now been increased to 15 seconds when attempting to get back on track. I know we said that before but this time it is actually in.
Cars will no longer roll over on the start in PVP races, ROFL.
We’ve made sure that the cars are visible on the start line even when collisions are turned off in PVP – they will still ghost during the race though.
Your PVP opponents won’t be showboating and driving around with the handbrake on anymore.
The gear setup will no longer be changing between stages without a service area.
We’ve fixed those odd camera angles that were being used in spectate mode.
The miles driven using owned vehicles in PVP now accrue towards unlocking upgrades for that vehicle.
When viewing a replay using an interior camera, the speedometers now show the correct speed for all vehicles.
We’ve fixed a whole host of other stuff too but they were too boring to call out in this list.

Be sure to let us know how we’re doing, or just stop the forums by to say hello.

Stay mid over BIG jump!

The DiRT Team
<3

These are the worst. Saints Row where you have to play the full game co-op to get achievements :(
They probably made it for a co-op session in mind. That doesn't seem that unreasonable honestly. I have seen way worse online achievements.

I'm so with you on this, I hate when devs do that, but I guess these achievements are good for people that play games for mp only.
?

If a game has single player achievements and multiplayer achievements how is that true?
Again unless it's something crazy like reach the top of the leader board like in some of those XBLA arcade games back in the day or become ranked really high globally for a multiplayer game etc I don't think online achievements are that bad. Then again I only start caring for achievements near the end if I already got most of them by just normally playing the game.

Arthea

Indie Gala Wednesday "GET OVER IT" Bundle

Pay only $1 and Get these 6 great games!
Dino D-Day (STEAM)
Pixel Piracy (STEAM)
Zeno Clash (STEAM)
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (STEAM)
Pressure (STEAM)
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (STEAM)

Pay only $1.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

Knights and Merchants (STEAM)
bit Dungeon II (STEAM)
Frozen Synapse Prime (STEAM)
Rune Classic (STEAM)
Betrayer (STEAM)
HOARD Complete Pack (STEAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom